Sudden death, other rabbit not eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the delay everyone, I've been dealing with a lot lately but bun buns is doing great! Vanessa (Lovelops) helped me get fundraiser goal! And I took to him to 2 other vets and they both said that it was not and abscessed tooth! Said it could be a bite from the female rabbit that died. Or even possibly a scratch or cut of some sort?? I'm hoping it wouldn't have been one of my cats bc cats do carry a lot of bacteria in their mouths, but I don't see them doing that, but I can't rule it out, he actually healed very quick! The abscess is completely gone and his hair is now starting to grow back where they had shaved it:) so he did not have to go through the surgery:) so I sent Vanessa back the rest of the donations! I'm so glad! That was quite a big scare for me! He is a very happy bunny! I'm a little upset with my vet for scaring the crap out of me but I'm just thankful mostly!

I'm so glad he's better! I'm sorry I missed your fundraiser; I haven't had much time for the forums lately and have only been reading a fraction of the current posts/threads ><... I'm glad you didn't need to put him through surgery after all!

I doubt it was a cat bite or scratch - they DO carry bacteria that can be spread through bites and scratches that is potentially fatal to bunnies... however, if a bunny gets an infection that way, it tends to progress very swiftly and aggressively. You first posted about this issue at the tail end of December, I believe... There's NO way an infection caused by a cat scratch or bite could go undiagnosed and untreated for nearly two months - it can kill a bunny in two DAYS. Also, even if caught very quickly, I've heard that cat bite/scratch infections generally aren't easy to treat and recovery is far from swift. [More info on the cat/rabbit dangers]

Heyy how is everyone doing? Me an bun buns are great he's doing good no signs of it comming back so far. He's still as ornery as ever lol. Sorry for posting on the same post I've tried everything to figure out how to make a new one. My landlord left a note saying they are going to start having the building sprayed for bugs since it's starting to get warm out. They are going to spray along the edges of the rooms. I'm very worried bc that is where bun buns likes to hang out! Do yu think this stuff will make him sick ? I'm going to ask when the bug guy gets here but it has been bothering me all day thinking about it !

Heyy how is everyone doing? Me an bun buns are great he's doing good no signs of it comming back so far. He's still as ornery as ever lol. Sorry for posting on the same post I've tried everything to figure out how to make a new one. My landlord left a note saying they are going to start having the building sprayed for bugs since it's starting to get warm out. They are going to spray along the edges of the rooms. I'm very worried bc that is where bun buns likes to hang out! Do yu think this stuff will make him sick ? I'm going to ask when the bug guy gets here but it has been bothering me all day thinking about it !

Possibly. I would ask what they are using .. that is going to be key if it's safe for bun bun or not.

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back