Storrs, Connecticut show - October 18, 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueGiants

Reaction score
Is anyone planning on going to the Storrs, Ct show next weekend? (The "ICE CREAM SHOW"???) Entries are due in to the Show Secretary, postmarked by tomorrow (10-10-09) I'm really looking forward to it!

ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!! I love the Ice Cream!!! Thanks for the reminder...although, I won't get into too trouble if it is late :) The secretary LOVES me!!!

Sharon

Oh good! There will be at least two of us there Sharon! LOL! It really is a nice show(with the added bonus of fresh hand-made ice cream, made from cream from their own cows....right next door to the show hall! Of course I don't know ANYONE that likes fresh ice cream....:whistling)

Alicia, it would be really great if you can make it!

You don't know how tempting this is to me...I'm trying to get down to Ali's by this weekend...BUT...I don't know there would be room for me to get a ride and I'm not sure I could go and leave the show without stealing (borrowing?)a flemish giant from Cathy!

(I actually wanted to go and SURPRISE Cathy).

Good luck to all those who can attend...

BlueGiants wrote:
:pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce:Surprise ME! surprise ME! PLEASE? :shhhh: (I promise I won't tell anyone!) :wave:

It is looking like I probably can't get there in time...but I'll know more by Thursday or so.

I had plans to go up and start looking at flemish and talking to you and not giving away my identity for a bit and just see if you recognized me at all....

I will be going back to Ali's in a couple of months (or sooner?) when I actually close out mom's apartment and we're trying to figure out a way that we can maybe get together with you and some other folks - like if we could pick a spot and meet up that would be in the middle...even if it was just for coffee and donuts!

By the way - the ice cream place you go - is it Kathy John's? They used to have a sundae and if you could eat it all - you got an "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" button or something...but that was over 30 years ago!

(I grew up in Coventry, CT- not far from Storrs).

The show is held on the campus of the University of Connecticut -Agricultural College in Storrs, CT. They have their own herd of cows... and lots of milk... and cream... The students make and sell their own Ice Cream (with fresh milk!). They have the most incredible flavors! Last year I had a Coffee Ice Cream with chocolate covered coffee bean chips. TO DIE FOR! And a chocolate and carmel swirl that was MOST excellent. And my daughter had a Peach Ice Cream that was wonderful... and a fresh strawberry that was mouth watering...

And the Show Hall is right NEXT DOOR to the Ice Cream shop (how wonderfully convenient!) So we just walk across the driveway and up a little hill... :highfive:

And just let us know when you'll be back this way! Would LOVE to get together!

TinysMom wrote:
You don't know how tempting this is to me...I'm trying to get down to Ali's by this weekend...BUT...I don't know there would be room for me to get a ride and I'm not sure I could go and leave the show without stealing (borrowing?)a flemish giant from Cathy!

(I actually wanted to go and SURPRISE Cathy).

Good luck to all those who can attend...

Peg,

If you do make it to Alicia's house, I could take you to the show also. I drive a little Camry so with the buns and all, it will be a tight fit for whomever sits in back but it is very do-able.

Let me know :)

However, like I told Alicia, I will be going early and I usually stay till the end.

Sharon

I'm so glad you're getting to go Ali...I bet you'll enjoy it a lot.

I am dying to hear more about the ice cream...

Alicia,

If you are planning on coming with me...send me a PM with your address...I can pick you up early...how far away are you from the Walmart?

Sharon

Back