Stomach Pressing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikica

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so my bunny is frequently suffering from gi stasis perhaps 4 or 5 times a year and the problem is always solved with baby gas drops. My question here is why does it happen so often and all of a sudden because her diet consists of hay and pellets and her poops are amazing shape and color, she is also free roaming so she exercises a lot and one minute she is perfectly fine and happy bunny, the other minute she is hiding and refusing food and pressing stomach on the floor. Although the problem is almost always easily solved with simethicone i really want to get behind the reason why this happens because it scares me how often and how sudden this happens. I can literally hear the gas in her stomach and I've tried massaging but it doesn't help. Please any advice is welcomed.
Thank you in advance.

Any other foods fed at all (treats, veg, supplements, meds, etc)? Does she have any chewing behaviors where she might be ingesting excess foreign matter like blanket or carpet fibers, or excess or large chunks of cardboard, skirting boards, wall materials, furniture materials, any chewing of objects around while free roaming? Does it ever coincide with her shedding, or with any sort of stressful event (eg animals around, loud noises, new people around, being picked up, etc)?

Latest posts

Back