Sprite has ileus / She passed away

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez...ileus in rabbits. Whenever I hear that word I cringe....it's tough. Even with the best of care, it's hard.

I'm so sorry that you lost Sprite, and that the ileus took over.

Oh, and Pipp, I never really thought of a "blockage" and a "hairball" as much different. I use them interchangibly.

Oh no......I never expected this news. I knew that if anyone could pull her through - it would be you and your honey. You're some of the best and most attentive bunny parents I know!

I'm so sorry....

Peg

naturestee wrote:
She's gone.

I'll post in the Bridge later.

that's terrible. i'm so sorry. it's really frightening that something like this can happen so quickly, and even the best of care didn't stop it.
i know i would be inconsolable if i lost my bun.:(
my thoughts are with you.

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

I just thought I'd make a note- I'm cleaning up Fey's :)() cage and what initially looked like blood-covered poops actually have brown mucous. Sprite and Fey have both had light colored mucous from other intestinal issues such as diarrhea. Maybe brown because of the bacteria overgrowth or an infection? It's possible that that's what Sprite had on her rear, not blood. I'll ask James when he gets home. I couldn't bear to look. I'd feel better if it wasn't blood, intestinal rupturing must be awful.

Fey is doing pretty good. We showed Sprite to her one last time and she spent a lot of time licking her face. I had a bonding session with her and Oberon, who kept doing binkies. I'm guessing he was trying to cheer her up. He acted very concerned about Sprite last night. Now she's hopping around and exploring. She's not hyper, but she's not feeling particularly down. I'll give her a stuffed toy to cuddle with just in case.

naturestee wrote:
I just thought I'd make a note- I'm cleaning up Fey's :)() cage and what initially looked like blood-covered poops actually have brown mucous. Sprite and Fey have both had light colored mucous from other intestinal issues such as diarrhea. Maybe brown because of the bacteria overgrowth or an infection? It's possible that that's what Sprite had on her rear, not blood. I'll ask James when he gets home. I couldn't bear to look. I'd feel better if it wasn't blood, intestinal rupturing must be awful.
Angela, I just wanted to tell you that when each of my babies passed, they excreted a little mucousy poop and none of them had stomach issues. It may just be a normal thing that happens when they go. I'm not sure, but I thought it might make you feel a little better.

Again, I'm so very sorry you lost her. She knew you loved her and did everything you could.

naturestee wrote:
Fey is doing pretty good. We showed Sprite to her one last time and she spent a lot of time licking her face.
Oh God, this is so hard Angela. I keep thinking of Fey without her other half. It wont be the same (just like Millie without Ruby), they were two of a kind.

I just cant believe this is happening. Another one of our beautiful RO babies has left us. Im just in shock.

We're here for you (and James) if you need us.

I hope it is ok but I went in and changed the title to reflect that she has passed away....that way folks won't be trying to give advice without reading the whole thread or knowing the whole situation.

I'm still in shock over this....

Peg

Oh no...I'm so sorry...

There are just so many beautiful souls crossing over the bridge lately, far too many unexpected passings.

Sprite, I wish you well on your journey...there are many who will be greeting you, so many to play with...binky free, sweet girl.

:bigtears:

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Angela and James....

Latest posts

Back