Spay Time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to keep a photo doc of herincision of everday so that I can compare how it is healing (lol dontworry I wont be posting boring incision pictures daily)

She was very mad at me today .. I figured she wanted some snuggle timeand id hold her and let it know it was okay .. ohh boy before we couldeven get onto pets she sat in my lap and scratched and nipped my legsfor like 10 minutes ....heh I guess she just had to get it out of hersystem and then she just flopped and let me take pictures ofher... heres the poor lil girl

surgery005.jpg

heres her boo-boo ...its looks so good its not even pink or swollen

surgery001.jpg

She will only eat her pelllets if i hand feedthem to her (brat :p) but shes eating a good amount of hay and ohh ..and i mixed some craisins in with her pellets .. she picked them allout and ate them w/o touching a single pellet lol

I am syringing Nutri-cal to her, b/c sitting trying to hand feed pellets will take hours lol

I havent seen her drink, but she drank about four oz last night i am assuming while i was sleeping

shes pooping ALOT .. but they are small and kinda tacky..but I thinkits just from the stressful situ. and they will go back to normalwithin a few days..and peeing is good no probs there

:)

So glad to hear Vicky is recovering well!!

Very nice of you to let her take her anger out on your legs....

:mad:

FreddysMom wrote:
shes pooping ALOT .. but they are small and kinda tacky..butI think its just from the stressful situ. and they will go back tonormal within a few days..and peeing is good no probs there
Good. Good. :)

woot woot! I think the lil girl is back to normal!

She's been nibbling on her pellets for the past couple of days, butthis morning she was at the cage door waiting for me to feed her, likeher old piggy self and propmty downed her food!

So i think today I am going to stop with the nutrical since she iseating so well, but I am going to keep her on vitamins a little longerjust in case :)

That's great to hear she is doing well.
It must be such a hard time to get through, but get through it you have!

All that lovin is the key I reckon ;)

well we just got back from the Vet for her two week check up....Vet says she looks top-notch with no complications...

...cept the silly girl has decided to sleep in litter box for the pasttwo weeks so her poor tootsies are looking a little sore :disgust:...now she has to wear gauze for 1-2 weeks

hehe she looks like shes wearing big red tube socks

surgery0021.jpg

surgery0011.jpg

Aw, Vicky is so cute! I just read thisthread. She was spayed on the same day as my twobunnies. Glad to hear she did well too! It's such arelief to have it over with, huh? I hope her feet heal up andget back to normal soon. She looks kinda cute in her 'socks'although I'm sure she's not too happy about wearing them.

Hi

Just looking back over some old posts and wondering whether Vicky's furhas regrown and whether the incision is now fully healed?

Rebecca

RebeccaUK wrote:
Hi

Just looking back over some old posts and wondering whether Vicky's furhas regrown and whether the incision is now fully healed?

Rebecca
She is doing great! thanks for bumping this back up :)

Her tummy is healed perfectly and she has really soft downy fur on her belly now.

Her feet are also all better and I bought a new litter pan that anchorsonto the cage and a different shape that she cannot get all comfy in.So far it has discouraged her from hanging out in it and well have nomore red feet problems!

Latest posts

Back