Sparky's Vet Visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am bunnysitting a friends rabbit (Cocoa) and she has arthritis where she can't sit up to groom herself. There are many other issues she has so I took her in to see the vet. Her last vet visit was in October, but I wanted to take her in myself and see what is going on.
Now I haveCocoa taking Torbugesic twice a day. When the owners get home, I would suggest they take some X-rays ofher spline and some blood tests for her kidneys.
Bebe has never being to a Vet except for her spay. But she is just as old as Cocoa, and future (wellness) visits to the vet will be inorder.
We are all getting older from our ageing bunnies. :eek:ldman:

Back from the vet. She said Sparky is doing really well. We go back next Friday to have her staples out and she will also do a needle aspiration to make sure there is no pus in there. I asked about adequan, but Dr. Emerson said that she doesn't think Sparky's arthritis is severe enough to warrant it at this point.

Scooter had her wellness check. The vet said she is perfect and had beautiful teeth!

Patti, sorry I thought Sparky was Boy Bunny. DAH!, I can't read either. You said "she" more than once.

Susan:?:confused2::embarrassed::panic::disgust::dunno:foreheadsmack::headsmack

slavetoabunny wrote:
I asked about adequan, but Dr. Emerson said that she doesn't think Sparky's arthritis is severe enough to warrant it at this point.
She'd know best.

Adequan's just injectable glucosamine, so it's basically the same as the pills I take for my knees. If Sparky's arthritis slows her down enough, it would be worth asking again.

With Scone, I knew something was wrong when he was obviously not moving as much as he had. He'd stopped jumping up on my bed or on the couch for petting, and he visibly wasn't happy. Once they took the x-rays and diagnosed his spondylosis, within a week or ten days of starting the injections, Scone was jumping up on my bed again.

Sparky is going back to the vet tomorrow. She has a hard lump in front of her staples. I'm hoping that the abscess has not reared its ugly head again. When I talked to my vet today she was onboard with doing zithromax/bicillin therapy if Sparky develope another abscess. Please keep my heart bunny in your thoughts.

I'm sorry, Patti. This must be so worrying for you :(. At least they will be able to keep a close watch on her - your vet sounds awesome. How is Scooter doing without her buddy?

Keeping Sparky in my prayers :pray:

Jan

Latest posts

Back