Sound like a false pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances of a kit still remaining inside the mother? She's been in the nest, to me it looks like she was cleaning or feeding the kits (I have no idea how as they're burried under 10 feet of hair lol) since her back was facing the opening of the nest box, but she's still acting a bit off. Plus, I didn't think they would go into the box that often (she was in it a few times late last night after birth and at least once this morning before I left for work, and then again a few minutes ago.

She's not one to overgroom herself, but she's been doing a lot of grooming of her belly and pelvic area. I checked her over and very slightly palpated her and to me there still feels like a kit just near her pelvic area, but it doesn't feel close enough for her to go into labor (if that makes sense at all). I wouldn't think that she would have another now since she gave birth to the two now around 10:30 or so last night.She's not bloody, and I'm not anything close to good at palpating, so I could be wrong; but what are the chances? :?

Edit to add, that she still hasn't seemed that interested in her food either.

Latest posts

Back