Sound like a false pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Luck!! My ND had a false pregnancy it was frustrating!! I waited a while after she would have been due to rebreed, now we are on day 14. Since this will be her first litter (and mine too) I haven't quite figured out the palpating thing. Just get to sit and wait....its the hardest part. Please let us know how things turn out for your girl.

The best thing is now we have 2 does to wait on. :biggrin:

We were purchasing a few more havanas from a breeder we've bought from before, so one of the does of interest wasthat was bred. He needed the space for his blue stock and was reducing his chocolate lines.

So all in all, I bought the sr. doe *no name yet, just ear #*(that is my jr. Havana Lera's mother), the preggo (cranky too lol) doe Be'Lanna, and a wonderfully typed and colored broken buck.

Pedigrees on all, the two does are registered and I feel very lucky for the chance to have them. :)

Update on Momma:

Day 28 and she was going through hay like mad this morning, but now she's not too interested in pellets or hay, she's relaxing on the top of her nest box. :p

Not quite interested in food? Sound normal? I mean she's eating, pooping/peeing, and drinking during the day. But when I did the evening feed she just grunted and wouldn't move from the top of the nest box, even when I left the room. Typically she's like all theothers and (though still crabby) runs over and starts eating the pellets buttoday nothing, just grunts and evil looks.:-/ I hope its normal.

Day 30

I'm off of work due to being sick, so I did the early morning feed and everything was fine, same nest with hay in it. Last night Momma hadn't shown any interest in her food but she must have eaten some of it last night.

Meanwhile, I woke back up to get a drink and she had pulled a TON of hair out and had set it in the nest. I reached in and pet her for a moment before checking the box, nothing yet but as soon as I left the room she started wildly pulling her hair again.

So it must be sometime today or tomorrow. :biggrin:

I hope so, for the last few hours she's up and down between laying stretched out and wandering around lost in her cage. She's eaten, but only slightly and she's not pulling as much hair (if at all at the moment). She seems tired lol and grumpy. :)

I feel so bad for her, she seems sotired and uncomfortable. I just did the evening feed and she wouldn't touch her pellets, and when I refreshed her hay, she just grabbed a mouthful and went to the front of the nextbox and laid on her stomach/side.

Hopefully she kindles tonight. :sigh:

For you, I highly recommend waiting until a later date(day26) to put in a nest box. sounds like you're just as exhausted as your bunny is.

Pardon the blurriness :p they would not sit still for me at all lol

hototbabies3.jpg

hototbabies2.jpg

**Don't know if this top pic is going to be big for anyone else, it's the same size (280x210) on photobucket as all the rest but for me looks huge. :rollseyes

hototbabies1.jpg

Their heads make them look like peanuts, but really they are 100% normal size :biggrin:just the angle that they're at lol

Latest posts

Back