Soooska's Bunny Burrow 2009 - 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Well I guess I needed to start a new blog for 2009, so iasked Chris to help me with a name and he came up with "Soooska's Bunny Burrow". I'm copying this from last years blog for any new members. I will give a short introduction to the babies. Our first baby is Buttercup, we were told he is a Netherland Dwarf. His is10 1/2 years old. He is truly our heart Bunny. He just loves to be around my hubby and I. He showers us with kisses all the time. He sleeps on the sofa with us. He lives in our family room and is never caged. He doesn't leave the family room. (He doesn't like to step on ceramic tiles). Buttercup has had a very rough 6 months. He had 250cc of fluid removed from his abdomen in August. His recovery was very tough on him. It took him quite a while to get all better. Now just last week be brought him to the Vets to have a wart removed from his ear only to be told he has a "orange" size growth in his tmmy area. We have noticed in the past few days that he seems to sleep alot and also has "some" problems with his breathing.
DSC01770.jpg
Next is Wilbur and Jackie, they are 5+ years old. We got them at a Pet store after my girlfriend told us about some really cute bunnies there. Chris and I had no intention of ever getting another bunny, but when we saw them at the store we looked at each other and said it's none or it's the 2 of them. They are some kind of lop not sure exactly what kind though. (If someone can help me out please do). We were told they were both boys so they were named Wilbur & Jack (hubby picked Jack). Well low and behold one evening when Chris was at work Wilbur was getting quite frisky with Jack, it sure didn't look like a dominance (sp?) issue to me. Chris thought the same thing so he separated that night. We took them to the vets to be sexed and low and behold Jack turned into Jackie. After they were both fixed we put them back together and they bonded instantly. They now have their own bedroom and are very happy together. They are not very lovable to Chris and I but I would not trade them for anything. We both love them so much and get so much joy out of watching them together. They truly are "In Love"
DSC01430.jpg
Daisy Mae "Dutchess of Ajax" She is another we got at another pet store, same friend told me about her. So off Chris and I go the store. We fell in love instantly but looked at each other and said we better not. Well I went back 3 times in the next 2 days and just kept looking at her. Finally on the Monday I called Chris and said can we get her, he said yes, but to be honest I would have gotten her anyway. She is a Single Mane Lionhead, she's about3 1/2 years old. She' a real love, we have finally in the past few months gotten kisses from her, doesn't mind being picked up for short periods. Will play catch with us and will lay down at our feet. She has the most beautiful blue eyes. Her true love is Mr Tumnus:heartbeat:, so one day they must meet. Oh yes Daisy Mae is Famous she's on page 83 of Disapproving Rabbits.
DSC00490.jpg
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14356&forum_id=6 And last but not least is Winston and Vega. This is quite the story on how they came to live with us. I fell in LOVE with Winston in 2007 when Laura "Snuggy's Mom" asked if anyone on the forum wanted to adopt Winston. He ended up going to live with another forum member who lived in the States. (Correct me if I'm wrong I think she lived in Missouri). Well it turned out she had personal issues and had to re-home Winston and his new girlfriend Vega. I was asked if I would like to adopt them, they came as a package deal as they were bonded. (Now to be honest way back I really wanted to get Winston to bond with Daisy Mae.) I told them I had to think about it and discuss it with Chris. Chris really thought Winston was adorable and he really wanted him way back too. So after a couple of days I told Haley that yes we would take them, the more I saw Vega the more I was getting excited for her to come too. Well many very KIND people from RO helped to get them to us. It was during the summer when all those real bad storms were happening too. Both Chris and I can't say enough about the kindness of all the people who helped get them here. Haley did the last leg of the journey and delivered the two sweethearts to Chris & I. Well Winston is a little Scardey Cat, he hates to be picked up, he will let you pet him for a couple of seconds. He's not too bad if you can get him on to the bed, he will lay with you. Now Vega she's a real Lovey Dovey,(believe me Chris fell reallyhard for her)she loves to be petted and having her ears scratched. Winston & Vega are truly in Love with each other. They are so cute to watch together, she really watches over him but on the next note she will nip at his little bum when she wants to be kissed. They live in a huge NIC cage in our bedroom, and believe me they are very noisy some nights.
DSC02456.jpg
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14356&forum_id=6 So these are the stories of all my Babies. I look forward to sharing many more with all of you. Susan

Chris took a couple of pictures of Wilbur & Jackie today. Please excuse the dirty carpet, it's getting cleaned tomorrow.

DSC05292.jpg

DSC05290.jpg

Enjoy

Susan:)

Its final im stealing every single one of your rabbits :shock:it will be a quick nabbing :pullhair:But i think i can do it :p very nice blogs by the way:woohoo

Your bunnies are really adorable, they are charming. And Buttercup is a great rabbit, he is already 10 years old! It's really ramarkable, I wish him good health and many sweet kisses from me. Wilbur and Jackie are so nice, they seem to be so kind and lovely, really lovely and tender. :)Oh, and, of course - Daisy Mae! She is the sweetest bunny-girl I have ever seen!

Thanks eveyone for your nice comments, the Babies and I really appreciate them.

A few pictures of Buttercup resting on Daddy.

DSC05303.jpg

DSC05300.jpg

DSC05299.jpg

DSC05298.jpg

DSC05297.jpg

DSC05296.jpg

Enjoy

Susan, your buns are some of my favs on this forum! Great new blog for them!

I'm so proud to have been part of the journey that got the new pair to you. Yep, that Winston is a ball of fire! Hee hee. Little cutie!:D

Love the new blog :)

Poor Buttercup. How is he getting on? He looks quite at home resting on Daddy, though :D.

I don't think I've seen a picture of Wilbur and jackie more than a few inches apart - such a snuggle couple :)

Jan

Thanks Crystal , I'm so glad you were part of the journey that brought my 2 new Babies to me. They are such a joy to have . Chris and I love them so much.

Jan Buttercup is doing ok, he sleeps alot. His appetite is really good and of course he's doing alot of :litterhealthy:. Chris and I spoil him so much (even more than before if you can believe that). We have no idea what the future is for him so we take one day at a time and give him tons of love. He's such a special little guy.

Here's a few pictures of Daisy Mae. I put her little Blue hat on her, she's such a little sweetie.

DSC05304.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05308.jpg

DSC05309.jpg

Gosh I really must make her a Blue Blankie to rest on, the Christmas on clashes with her hat.:crazinessI know I'm nuts. LOL

Susan:running bunny

Oh my goodness...

Somebunny wooks rather gwumpy in that hat...:grumpy:

Hehe!!

Love the pictures of Wilbur & Jackie...and Buttercup is as gorgeous as ever!! :D

Here's 2 pictures I took of The Dutchess on her new shelf.

She lays up there all the time now. I know her cage is small but she's out most of the day. For the last little while we leave her cage door open all day even when were not home. She''s such a good girl she never goes down the stairs just wanders around up stairs.

DSC05312.jpg

DSC05311.jpg

Enjoy

I love your new blog!! The new pics are a great re-introduction to your fur-kids. I just loveDutchess Daisy Mae. I saved the pic of her on my laptopfrom another thread you started when she had that curl swoosh across her forehead. That was the picture that made me fall in love with her.

Now, seeing all of these other pics and knowing the stories, I believe your bunnies were meant to be with you and no one else. Good to know you have such an understanding man in your life who loves the babies as much as you do. Such a softy...:D

myheart

Miss DM! Yay, she is just gorgeous as ever!:inlove: Thanks for sharing, Susan, tell Chris I said Hi!:) Tell him my hubby is just as nuts about buns as he is! Gotta love that in a man, lol!:yes::tongue

Back