Smitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm fairly new here - but I've been reading about Smitten - and I truly hope she is OK.

Thinking lots of good thoughts for you and your fur crew. :pink iris:

I'mvery worriedby what I see in the picture. I already left a message and email for Dr. Briscoe at Penn.

HPIM0641.jpg

It doesn't really look like blood to me, more like red-pigmented urine, although I haven't physically seen blood in urine. Blood would be sticky and have clot textures, though, and that doesn't look like it fits the bill, although I can't see it that well. If you were to dip a pencil or somethiing in it, would there be sticky bits? Or is it all pretty much uniform liquid?

When you wiped it up (if you did), was it streaky?

Hope she's okay.

sas :pray:

I'm not a rabbit "amateur expert" just yet (having owned buns for just 11 months now). But I think that the urine in the photo looks normal. (My girls' urine ranges in color from light-yellow to deep rust. As Pipp mentioned, things are likely more normal than not if it has the normal viscosity of urine.)

What throws me more is the consistency of Smitten's poops. In the photos of her sitting on a towel, they look clumped and mushy. (Are those cecals that she possibly smooshed down a bit?) Then in the urine-focused photo, her poops range in size and some are misshapen. (I know about misshapen poops; my Zoe has them pretty much all the time.)

I hope that the tests reveal an effective treatment for Smitten.

Jenk

I'm not used to seeing that dark acolor in urine in rabbits I have seen the darker orangey rust color .In the photo it looks really bright red to me ..but I surehope that it is normalpigment.

She left another rusty urine puddle again this morning.

I saw the poop on the towel pic. I didn't see the poop until I viewed the pic. I changed the towel afterwards. She was probably having an off night. She looked very uncomfortable.

I sent the pic to the vet anyway.

I know she has bladder/kidney issues going on so it may be blood in there that may not be clearly seen. Or it could be just from eating her veggies. Anyway I going to err on the side of caution and call the vet again.

pla725 wrote:
She left another rusty urine puddle again this morning.

I saw the poop on the towel pic. I didn't see the poop until I viewed the pic. I changed the towel afterwards. She was probably having an off night. She looked very uncomfortable.

I sent the pic to the vet anyway.
Please send your vet the other urine-based photo, as well. Not only to verify the normality (or abnormality) of the urine's appearance, but also to verify the abnormality of Smitten's poop shape/size. (I notice that many of the poops in that photo are thin and oblong, rather than round. And a few are abnormally tiny.)

Please keep us posted. :hug:

Only after she ate a carrot. I haven't given her a carrot in over a week. She still has reddish orange pee. I may just take to a vet tomorrow. Still no word from Penn.

Latest posts

Back