Smitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info about the corn starch. I was going to put on some vitamin E as well. I have beengive her some cranberry juice in her water. I need to get her to take more.

Smitten's part of the bill was $501. I did get a slight break for Maddie.

pla725 wrote:
Smitten's part of the bill was $501. I did get a slight break for Maddie.
Oh, do I ever feel your pain. (And how I wish I could say that I do not. ;))

One of Zoe's visits cost $435; her total medical care has cost over $1,000--for the first nine months of her life. I will always believe that she's worth it, but I won't say that the financial strain isn't a stressor. Oy...

Between me not yet bringing in a steady income (from my freelancing), the cost of Zoe's continual medical care and the price of gas, my hubby and I won't be taking a vacation this year. :(

Glad 'Miss Big Buns' is still doing okay. I'm also glad you've kept your humour although dealing with all you have dealt with. I pray this is the last of your hard times with the buns:pray:. You are a wonderful bunny mom!:hug:. I can't imagine how hard this has all been for you.

pla725 wrote:
It just seemed everything that can just about go wrong has this past month. I can't wait for May to be over.

I can understand totally...i had a very bad year last year,everything just seemed to keep going wrong,it was one thing after another with my bunnies,and i felt like that there was no light at the end of the tunnel for me,and then when Pippi died,i just broke down...i couldn't take anymore:(

Hugs to you :hug:

Cheryl

The office manager called to check on Smitten. I'm still concerned about her incontinence. Dr. Snyder is on vacation. She will speak to Dr. Stahl who does know rabbits.

I let her and Sawyer out on Sunday for exercise. Smitten was leaking all over the place.

The lab work isn't back yet. I did have the EC titer done again on her.

I hope it isn't EC but something tells me it is. Anyway, I haven't taken the time to give her a good look over. I wil do that once she is out of her hiding spot. She is eating, pooping, doing all things rabbit and even tried to binky last night.

Well we're back from the vet and my worst fear has been confirmed. Smitten's EC titer went from about a 1.4 in the moderate range to a 2.4 in the strong positive range. The previous titer was done about 1 1/2 years ago. She is on Pancur for 28 days. Sawyer is on Pancur for 14 days as a prentitive. Dr. Snyder is not optimistic, and to be honest, neither I am.

Back