Smitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll call my vet again tomorrow or Thursday and schedule another titer. I will also ask about learning to do sub qs. I did it once before with Simon but that was over a year ago.

I'll also check into that other med that Randy mentioned in the EC thread.

I sent an email to Dr. Briscoe at the University of Penn. She works closely with Dr. Rosenthal there. I asked her about her preferred treatment for EC. I also asked about Marquis. I may take Smit there for another opinion. Dr. Snyder does know rabbits butshe doesn't have the expertise of Dr. Briscoe and Dr. Rosenthal.

Im so sorry to hear about your troubles. Your poor Smitten :(

I was under the impression that the EC tests were worthless since any rabbit exposed to EC sometime in their lives (which is most) would register positive?

Is her hind limb still bothering her?

From everything Ive read about EC it tends to really show when the rabbit's immune system has been compromised. So the UTI could have brung about a much worse problem. I hope she'll imrpove as her bladder problems improve. I wish I could offer more advice.

Haley

Smitten seems to be responding to the Panacur for now. No incontinence noted. I'm taking it day by day for now.

I haven't received a response from Dr. Briscoe yet. I'm considering making an appointment at Penn anyway. I'm justing waitingon the funds from my 403 (b) plan to be deposited into my account. It's probably going to be close to $1000 for the visit. That's what it was the last time I was there.

Poor Smitten and poor you for having to go through all this again...it's tough i know...i know what your going through and all the emotions that go along with it.

When Pippi died,i worried like crazy that my other bunnies were going to get EC as well,i still do worry about though,i just don't know how i would deal with it all again...it's an awful thing.

Thinking of you both

~Cheryl

Smit seems to be holding her own. I haven't notice any thing more with her hide quarters. I think she still has some weakness there but it hasn't gotten any worse.

It's tough to go through this again. Things haven't been great lately. I'm now totally unemployed. I think I have to bite the bullet and go work in retail until something in my chosen field comes up.

Geez that sucks about your job..i'm sorry to hear that though....i just hate the bad times...gosh i always stress out a lot when i have to deal with the bad things in life..i try not to but i just cannot help it.

I'm sure things will start tolook up eventually

Thinking about you

~Cheryl

Smit seems to be doing better today. She was bouncing around here with Sawyer just a few minutes ago.She's still incontinent. I can smell the pee on the air. Now I just have the find the spot(s).

sorry its getting rough for you.. Hang in there as it seems Smitten is really trying!.. Thinking of you so update when you get anymore news (or just feel like venting..)

She cheered me up tonight watching her playing withSawyer. I'm glad she is feeling well enough to binky and run through the house with her bunny love. Gettting her to take her meds is whole different story. I'm using an apple to get her take her Panacur. I'm just tired of try to capture her to get her take it. Maybe this will work.

Aww Smitten...i'm happy to hear that she is still feeling good to binky and play...that sounds really good to me....i never really had much trouble with Pippi taking his meds...i would kneel on the floor and say 'come on Pip Pip medi time' and most times he would come over and put his little paws on my legs and let me syringe him his meds...BUT for some reason he would not do that if i was giving him his panacur...he would hop away....gosh i miss him so much.

But lets hope that Smitten has lots of good days :)

Cheryl

I took Smitten to the vet for a follow up. I had the urinalysis done as well as the EC titer and bloodwork to check on her kidney values. Urinalysis only showed a small amount of white blood cells, no rods, no bacteria, no crystals, no red blood cells. She did gain half a pound. Take it for what it is.

Back