Silver, the spunky Netherland Dwarf

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo! 100 posts! Silv has really come so far since I started this blog. :) On other notes,

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405862342.961523.jpg
Nom nom! looks like I'll have to get him more pellets today. In the mean time he'll get some greens.

Got Silv some more pellets a few days ago. He appreciated it. :)

Today I was getting TONS of bunny kisses! I would simply get down on the ground, kiss his little face, nose, and cheeks, and receive many kisses in return.

I know that I have mentioned this before, but I just have to mention it again. I simply love the way that Silver smells! He smells like a sweet, fresh, and clean mix of hay, something I am unsure of, and clean laundry. I just adore this smell and can't help putting my nose into his soft, clean fur and sniffing him (lol, that sounds really creepy) when I give him kisses. :D

It isn't creepy. Trix smells like MY bunny, period. I am certain I smell like HER boy. It's a love affair that has gone on since late July in 2003. Trix rode home on my chest. Me and a Hooters waitress checked on her every FIVE minutes the first day she was granted to me!!! We have been buddies for a LONG time.

I get where you come from, 'cos I feel the same way about my Trix.

It isn't creepy. Trix smells like MY bunny, period. I am certain I smell like HER boy. It's a love affair that has gone on since late July in 2003. Trix rode home on my chest. Me and a Hooters waitress checked on her every FIVE minutes the first day she was granted to me!!! We have been buddies for a LONG time.

I get where you come from, 'cos I feel the same way about my Trix.

Yay! It's good to know that others feel the same. Yeah every time I get close to Silv and I am wearing my glasses, he HAS to chin them at least twice.

I was just reading a bit more on the vet that will be nueteing Silver. She sounds kind of amazing. Like, how do you get any better?!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406290322.053487.jpg

Yeah I know! I expected her to be good, but seriously?! I'm probably going to book his appointment for September today. I don't know how busy they get and I wouldn't want them to run about of space.

They say that they keep the bunnies in a totally different, quiet building, away from the cats and dogs. I can't wait. Silv was very territorial and aggressive at times yesterday. He thinks that he can still fit behind his cage like when he was a baby, but it's only about 2 inches behind there. He seemed to be getting upset when he couldn't fit, growling at anything near him. :(

On better news, he didn't bite either of my friends that were over the past two days. I got a few cute pictures of when we took him outside.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406380688.826739.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406380726.214454.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406380786.008942.jpg
Letting my friend (the one that looked after him!) give him a few hugs :)

Thanks! Yes I know that they will and I'm ready to start counting down the days. I'm hoping that maybe they'll even have an extra one going on in August (they did for July) so it can be done sooner.

Yesterday I was taking him upstairs and carrying his veggies for the night up with me. He was sitting in my arms eating his veggies all peacefully as I climbed the stairs. Well, when I got into my room, he thought he could make it to my bed which was WAY too far. So he jumps out of my arms, onto the wood floors acting me to death, and in the process completely managed to scratch my face with his back feet.

I have two long scratch down my my chin and my lips now which is really annoying. Urgh, I can't stay mad at him though!!! He seriously is sooo lucky to be cute.

Silver has been having a very happy birthday today! I mean, what's better than eating bunny cupcakes, lounging around, getting as many pets as he could ever dream of, and even receiving new toys?!? I don't know what is!

He is absolutely in love with his new jingly willow/java/bunny safe something balls. They are small little toys with a larger sized jingle ball in each one, so he wouldn't be able to swallow and choke on it. I watched him for a while just pushing and chasing the little blue colored ball all around his cage for awhile. Like a little kitten, he kept getting so excited and cute very time he heard the jingle ball. :)

In my favor, today I officially booked his neuter! Yay! I will be dropping him off in the morning and picking him up that evening on September 15th.

I did Skpe with Silver yesterday! He ran up to the camera and apparently tried to kiss it. My sweet little bun baby. I'm really starting to miss him. His soft little ears and nose; and that smell. His beautifully perfect smell of fresh hay, grass, dryer sheets, and flowers. I love it.

But my mom seems to be taking good care of him. Cleaning his cage every other day like I do and of course giving him pellets, veggies, and letting him out. He was active and running around like his usual spunky little self while I was chatting with him.

He has his new toys to play with as well so I'm actually not worried about him. Just miss him.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406992725.325513.jpg

Yay! In Hawaii! Just in time for the hurricane/storm :p. I really miss Silv. But I'll see him soon enough. I actually met someone else (close family friend) who has a bun!

It was so fun to finally get to talk to someone else about bunny stuff!

Silv is doing great at home still. Getting lots if hours out of his cage each day, all his necessary care, and a few pinches of love. :)

Aww, what a cutie! Enjoy the rest of your holiday, I'm sure Silver will be very happy to see you again :)

I miss Bandit a lot whenever I go away too.

Thanks everyone!! Like always Silv enjoy the compliments and statements very much! I have a few pictures of him. Not much to update on though. Basically all that happened was:

•He's molting, like REALL molting
•He seemed/seems happy that I am home
•He's all fine and healthy
•He almost fell off of my bed, but thank goodness I caught him
•He had some odd little white thing on his right eye, but it went away a hour later so I didn't think much of it
•He ate some new Strawberry-banana apple sauce, which he LOVED
•He is right now happily sitting munching on his dinner

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408247301.645386.jpg

(Picture caption, my phone messed up :p)
"Angry bunny" sitting up on the chair against the wall while I have him many kisses. You can see the white on his eye a bit there.

I swear this bunny may love his pellets more than me. Switching from Kaytee to Oxbow was probably like the best decision I have ever made for him! He has gotten into a thing where when I am pouring the food into his bowl from the measuring cup, he will race to the measuring cup and try to completely stick his face in. Crazy bunny. I don't think he realizes how big he really is. :p

His moulding seems to have slowed down a bit. Maybe he came to his common sense and remembered that it's going to start to get cold soon enough. But he was shedding like mad (and grooming himself just the same) on Tuesday. So I tried the pumpkin purée again. He actually took quite well to it this time. He started by licking it right off the spoon, and then eating the pellets that I had covered in it. It seems to have helped once agin, pumpkin to the rescue!

Fiesta Bunneh!!! Hehehe
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1409053959.786613.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1409053990.572375.jpg
"No. No mom, just no. Get it off me now."

Sorry the picture is crap! I couldn't eg the best shots before it fell off.

Back