Silly Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow it feels like just yesterday i was debating on getting another rabbit.

now it looks like i got one!

good news also is that my parents bought a new point and shoot camera, so my mom told me i could borrow their old one untill i bought my own!

so life has been going great. my house is full of adorable (sometimes sinister, okay. . . normally sinister, but cute too!) rabbits!

just look at our housefull!

the often unphotographed toulouse (who is finally starting to warm up to me! i got to pet him for like 5 minutes the other night!)

100_3926.jpg

silly miss winnie (who 99% of the time is the sinister one)

100_3916.jpg

and new boy (as of yesterday) chaucer!

100_3866.jpg

so here is winnie's sit down (she is not to happy about another bunny)

here is winnie

100_3912.jpg

here are the cages

100_3914.jpg

and here is were winnie has placed her self to keep an eye on the little guy

100_3913.jpg

i try to talk reason with her, explain that he is a nice bunny, but i get this look

100_3917.jpg

and this butt

100_3919.jpg

welcome to my life

*she spent most of last night there, at the end of my bed watching him. about every hour she would run up to me, nudge me till i woke up, then run back down to the end of the bed, glare at chaucer, then glare at me like "how could you"*

and i know it is in the thread saying i got a new bunny, but i wanted to post chaucer and i's first together photo here to so it is in my blog

100_3861.jpg

(btw- crazy am i. it is november, in michigan, and i am wearing a skirt. . . and look how white my legs are. . . lol)

I just got a chance to read through this and I love your accounts of your life with your rabbits. How wonderful!

And that new adorable baby! Fantastic!

Congratulations!!!

a few more chaucer pics!!!

*winnie is refusing still to be nice around me, she has been spending most of her time hiding from us and only comes out at night to sleep with me*

so this is taking a rest on the sofa with me:

100_3927.jpg

just a couple head shots

100_3930.jpg

100_3931.jpg

100_3935.jpg

this one, that i wasn't sure what he is doing, but it kinda looks like i caught him either crazy dancing or doing something bad lol, had to share:

100_3936.jpg

and we ended the out of cage session with some good old cuddle time:

100_3938.jpg

and sorry for bad pic quality, this isn't my choice in cameras!!! i can't wait to get my own, and a new one. still miss my old point and shoot. . . it was so good to me *sniff*

It feels right, having him here. I’ve heard people use the term “old soul” before, and I think it fits Chaucer perfectly. He has a calming aura around him. Even being so young. You just can’t help but relax when holding him. It’s a different kind of calm then Winnie. Winnie is a calming factor for me because she has been in my life for 4 years now (over 4 years! My little girl is getting so big), she calms me because we know each others moods so well that I think we both know what to offer and when.

I’ve just been thinking about all this. I woke up this morning with Winnie snuggled into the blankets beside me, and Chaucer at the cage door watching . . . waiting for me to wake up, just so he can give me the morning binki he has started to do each day as I sit up in bed and say good morning. My life feels perfect. Even though I might have all these horrible, stressful, and down-right nasty things going on in my life, for those few minutes each morning I feel like everything is going to be okay. I just sit there, half asleep still, with Winnie grumbling into the blankets further (my rabbit likes to sleep in late), finding the warm spot my body may have left behind, and Chaucer sitting in his cage, waiting for my ‘good morning’, ready to offer all the love he can (it seems blinding sometimes, the joy and love he shows me), waiting for me to start the morning routine of putting some music on, starting the kettle for my morning tea, and the best part for him- opening that cage door, giving him some good nose-rubs, cooing and coddling him till his eyes are half closed, giving him fresh hay and water, filling his food dish. That first ½ hour that I am awake is honestly the best part of my day (sometimes the only good part of my day). It’s normally about the time I finish up with Chaucer’s chores that Winnie finally wakes up and zombies out of my bed, and I get to start the whole morning off with her again, filling her bowl and bottle, giving a big handful of hay and lots of pets and secret sharing.

Life with Winnie was great, but I have to admit, that Chaucer is filling a hole in me that I didn’t know was there. There is something about his personality that I can’t put my finger on, but it’s not like one I’ve seen in any rabbit that I have ever owned.

How lucky am I, to have 2 amazing and completely unique rabbits to greet me every morning? Words fail me today . . .

the buns are both doing real good. just wanted to drop the note that i am going into a lurker mood.

got some stuff to figure out in life, and it is going to take some time.

i hope to update with photos as soon as i can

take care people! feel free to pm me if you want or need

katie

hello all! well it has been a while since i posted in my blog. thought i would toss everyone an update on winnie and chaucer, and well myself.

so i put up my parents christmas tree a few days ago, decorated their house, and spent loads of time with my 2 year old nephew (2! already, gosh it feels like i was just posting about his birth).

anyway, i have some important dates comming up. in early january is the day i got herman and winnie back, in late january is my first rabbits birthday (she would have been 9!), and the hardest day for me will be in early feb it would have been herman's 4th birthday.

in march i will have been a member of this forum for 4 years!!! that seems crazy. you all are one of the longest going friendships i have had in a very long time!

so life has been a little crazy. lets just say i have some stuff going on, and without going into detail i can say it has been a mix of good and bad stuff, and i am lucky to have great people around me to help me get past it all. i am ready to start 2010.

so anyway, because i am uber bored, i have decided to take any readers of this blog on a little pic tour of my house!

100_3944.jpg

^part of the living room. . . you can see part of my book collection

100_3946.jpg

^the other 1/2 of the living room (i own way to many movies)

100_3945.jpg

100_3947.jpg

^some of the artwork in the living room (my roommate did the B&W painting, we both worked on the abstract stuff)

100_3948.jpg

^the view of the dinning area and part of the kitchen

100_3949.jpg

100_3952.jpg

^my bedroom (yeah, i know lots of stuff in one small room. . . but i like feeling cozy. . . oh, and the rabbit cages are getting replaced after the holidays with larger ones, chaucer has already outgrown his)

100_3950.jpg

100_3951.jpg

^some of my artwork that is in my room. . . i am proud of the stuff i create

okay so on to the buns, they are great, chaucer is getting so big! and winnie is still not to sure about sharing life with another rabbit. she is currently nibbling on the plate of greens i gave her (well, they are no longer on the plate, but all over my floor. . . oh well).

and here are just a couple of bunny pics!

100_3955.jpg

^winnie

100_3953.jpg

^chaucer

ok, a quick photo update (will do a better one later today, but wanted to share these pics!)

so this is what i look at every morning when i wake up. . . literally, i open my eyes to see this right in front of me (now i understand why i didn't put the rabbit's cages next to the head of my bed before lol, chaucer loves it!)

100_3964.jpg

100_3960.jpg

and of course, winnie is in the cage right below him, excited for me to get up as well

100_3961.jpg

and these are from last night. had chaucer out for his nightly run

100_3958.jpg

but instead, being the lazy bunny he is, he got up on the sofa, and settled in to watch a movie with me

100_3956.jpg

100_3957.jpg

more later! don't feel like uploading any more photos right now (guess i am just as lazy as my rabbit)

okay a quick update with a few cute chaucer pics!

first my winnie story: so last night i am sitting on the couch, my computer is next to me and in my lap is a bag a roasted garlic rye chips (um!) and a watching a movie and winnie is running around. suddenly, before i know what is going on winnie peaks her head up and snatches the corner of the bag of rye chips, goes running off under the table with them (leaving a nice little rye chip trail behind her). by the time i got off the couch and to her, she already has her head dived into the salty goodness and is munching away. i snatch the bag from her and proceed to start telling her 'no' when she leaps from my sight to start collecting the trail of chips she left behind each one she isgetting more and more excited. so i set the bag down, and reach for her. she jumps out of my reaching hands, grabs the bag i foolishly set down and starts running around the house doing binkies trying to find a hiding spot that i won't reach her. by the time she thought she did (under the chair) she had lost all the chips from the bag but still managed to stick her head all the way in it and start licking the flavor off the side. needless to say this ended by me hauling winnie to my bedroom and me cleaning up all the rye chip.

so my other really really good news is that i gave chaucer a litter box today and within 30 minutes he was in it taking a pee! it has been about 6 hours and only poops outside it (which is amazing for me since he is an almost 4 month old male) what a good little boy i have!

and some cute chaucer pics:

first a really bad one of him and i (my hair was all in my face), but it shows just how calm he is when being held

chaucerandkatie.jpg

and some of him 'making my bed' for me

chaucer3.jpg

chaucer2.jpg

and for the last "i get off bed now, k?bye"

chaucer1.jpg

so update on chaucer's litter habbits.

or should i say bad litter habbits.

i know it is asking a lot to have a 4 month old male bunny use a box, but it would be nice.

winnie litter trained so easy, in fact all the rabbits i have had in the past few years have. they just kinda picked up on it.

but this boy is being a problem child.

so i am about 2 or 3 times a day, cleaning the floor of his cage, wiping it down with some white ving. and hoping that he will pick it up soon!

anyway pics later maybe. i am currently bedridden (thanks to some back problems, and a manipulation by my dr. that didn't go so well).

Chaucer is doing binkies in his cage again. Joy. It is starting to sound like a giant stomping around. He is bigger then he looks, I mean he acts bigger then he is. Too funny, he is still a little thing, only about 5 pounds (okay, maybe 6. . . still smaller then Winnie) but he is solid. My roommate likes to say “boy you got some birthin’ hips on you” cause he really does. I am afraid as to how big he will get simple because his can’t keep up with the growth of his frame.

Chaucer was the biggest thing that happened to me in 2009. I am so happy to be owned by 2 (wait 3) great rabbits. Winnie was my whole, but Chaucer completes our life.

So it is New Years Eve, and I am being my spinster self and I plan on NOT going out. Tisk-tisk, so much for promising my psychologist I would work on having a social life, Lol. I think I will stay home in my pjs and play Sims2. Sounds like a way better time then being out with all the crazy drunk people.

But I figured I would take this time to go over all my life goals (not really goals, more like ideas to work on, I really hate the term goals) for 2010:

• Get Chaucer fixed
  • Bond Winnie and Chaucer
  • Lose up to 45 pounds
  • Join a gym
  • Start taking yoga classes
  • Go back to school part time (I am thinking that I will take an art class this summer at the community college, so very part time, one or 2 classes)
  • Read the next 30 books on my to read list (this is an easy one)
  • Save up enough money to take a real vacation in 2011 . . . I am thinking a cruise
  • Start a journal again, and try to write in it each day
  • Be more aware of my money, really work hard at balancing my checkbook (I am terrible at it)

I really want to spend the next year focused on me. I want to be the person that I know is in there someplace. I really want to spend time doing nothing. Enjoy all the little things. I want to get involved in some group or organization that will give me something to do and will keep me feeling fulfilled in life. I am considering starting to walk human society dogs again. They are always needing people to do that.

Anyways, I think that is enough for now. need to go clean off the couch in my bedroom, Winnie is not happy cause her spot is covered in my clothing lol

Chauncer is sooo cute!
And Katt, I understand the "Foucs" thing..I always give my animals or others my focus. I never buy things for myself. So I decided to start focusing on myself this year too.

2010 . . . 2010 . . . 2.0.1.0 . . . . 20 . . . 10 . . . 2010 . . .

Sorry I am just having a few issues believing that it is already 2010. This past year has just flown by.

So I made a ‘final post’ for 2009 a day or 2 ago, and now I wanted to take time to make a first of 2010 post.

It is going to be long, I am sorry. Since I don’t think all to many people read my blog, I will just not care and write away! Lol

So I wanted to start 2010 first by remembering some bunnies of the past few years.

Trixie

*My forever heart bunny. It has been almost 4 ½ years since her death, and I still think about her all the time. She was my pre-forum bunny, the first rabbit I had owned
trixielou-1.jpg

Herman

*There aren’t enough words to even begin to describe this guy. My second heart bunny, my little ‘bug’. Losing him was unexpected and tragic.everyone loved herman
ph3-1.jpg

Izabelle

*The little rescue, Iza’s life was way to short, only what 3 or 4 months, that is the age Chaucer is now. The love she had to give was so huge for the struggles she had to overcome to get it.
100_1682.jpg

Pantoufle

*His death is still looming in my mind, I think it’s because I wasn’t here for it to happen. I wasn’t there to try to save him. It hurts really deep to lose something so suddenly and to not get to say goodbye
2_29_08019.jpg

Anyway, I wanted to mention them because this year I want to remember to enjoy every second I have with the 3 rabbits in my household. I have felt so blah to life lately, just kind of on cruise control and not really enjoying stuff and doing things. I want/need that to change, I don’t see that as an option. It just has to.

Anyway, this is my night. sitting around doing not much of anything and feeling a little sorry for myself because of it.

And I am thinking about eating some rice . . . just to play the ‘Katie talks randomly’ card. . . with butter and soy sauce. Hmm

Okay, back on subject. My new years. Well, I got nothing. Lets see, I went and spent the day with my sister, nephew, and brother. My bro and I went snowmobiling, which was way fun and then we ate dinner, watched a movie, and I came home. To sit on my bed with my computer and do nothing else the rest of the night. I did let Chaucer out to cuddle on the bed for a while. And picked my room up a little as well. And took a few photos

. . . okay, back to random, I just gotta eat the rice. . . *stumbles out of bed to go cook rice*

and we are back with bowl of rice in hand and smile on face. Yum!

So I did get a few pics today of Winnie and Chaucer. Only a couple of Winnie as my batteries died :(

"can i come out now. . . please? PLEASE?"

100_3995.jpg

"oh, thanks"

100_3997.jpg

"hey. . . what is this?"

100_4000.jpg

"hey look! I got a crown! and it's blue! sweet!"

100_3996.jpg

. . . and a very poorly lit video

and winnie. . .

"what the?!? this crown doesn't have any jewels on it. . . i am NOT impressed"

100_3993.jpg

"this is what i think of your stupid paper crown"

100_3994.jpg

i just sat here and read your whole thread-start to finish-i LOVE IT!!!!

i love your bunnies soo much-they are adorable!!!!! too bad youre so far-we needa bunny playdate ):

Latest posts

Back