Silly Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
It has been so long since I blogged anywere. Lets hope I can pick it back up.

I figured since I have no new photos of winnie yet, I’d first give a rundown of winnie’s delightfull past.

Most people that have been a member of this board will remember winnie my black mini lop that has the personality of a drama queen and the ability to always find some way to get into trouble.

From eating books to breaking into bags of powdered sugar

100_2781.jpg

and cornmeal.

100_3619.jpg

She has gotten ahold of a brick of chocolate and a deadly toxic plant. Both cases she almost died but pulled thru. She hates being caged, steals food right out of your hand,

100_2831.jpg

and forces herself into the warmest, most comfy spot in the bed during the night. She has chased bad dates, maintence men, and friends away from me, keeping that protective 5 foot distance between myself and anything that might take away my attention.

I got winnie after my first rabbit trixie died. A breeder friend saw how much I was hurting and told me to come over and pick out a bunny. Walking into their rabbit barn created a rush of past memories. I had bred rabbits for years including the grandparents of the bunny I was going to take home. As I gazed thru the dusty air at the cages, listening to the sound of munching mouths, twitching noses, and clicking water bottles I spotted a cage full of fluffy little 6 week old bunnies. 8 or 9 of them. Some still had ears upright, others had the classic drunk appearance of the ½ lop, and then their was a black dash in the far corner of the cage. Approaching the cage created a wild stir of mad dashes, binkies, and other bunny movements. Once the latch was opened though all the little bunny butts curled into the corner, not sure what to expect from the stranger. I can remember whispering “shh, don’t be afraid” and a black head popping up from the middle of the bunny huddle. With a quizical look of “Hey, who is that?” on her face, she leaped over the pile of fur, dashed to the front of the cage and began sniffing my hand. And she was mine.

We have been through a lot. Seen many things. When Winnie lost her soul-mate herman

100_0692.jpg

we were both crushed, and I thought she never would be the same, and she isn’t. a different winnie but not worse is what I’ve gotten out of it all. Her spoiled life of all the greens she wants, no cage, my bed to sleep in (which she roles right into my warmed spot to finish sleeping in every morning when I get up). Treats and pets, and all the toys she wants (except she hates the thought of toys, and would rather steal an empty plastic shopping bag to walk around on so it crinkles then roll a tinkle toy around the floor). Our life is simple.

I think that’s all for tonight, I promise to get photos as soon as I can.

100_3570.jpg

Katt!! Yay! Glad you are back!! I have been thinking about you the last couple of days.

Hey Katt, glad you are back blogging.

I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of Winnies antics with the powdered sugar. That was great that you wrote "Winnie was Here"

She is so Beautiful.

I look forward to many more pictures and stories of your Baby Girl Winnie.

Susan :)

HI WINNIE!!! HI KATT!!!

Great to see you both again! You were missed! :)

I love hearing about Winnie's antics and the things she does. Wish I could have a bunny (or two) in bed with me, but Maisie set the standard, in being what I call a "fabric peer", lol!

Hugs to you both! :)

the thing to remember: i survived.

on my days off, i am a huge fan of naps. naps are one of the joys to a sunny day. you cuddle deep into the blankets and let the sun stream into your open window as the gentle breeze plays over your skin. i lay down with my book all nestled in and hear a PLOP at the base of the bed, feel the weight shift over my feet and climb my legs. i shift, always the push over in our relationship, allowing winnie to nuzzle right into her favorite spot alongside my body. in the process of shifting, my shirt magically shifted just enough to reveal my porceline white skin (thanks mom and dad for my german/danish background that made me completely unable to tan). this is were i went wrong. an awake katie would see that winnie is laying against my bare skin, her mouth restingonly inchesmy flesh. can we see were this is going? an awake katie would move, pull her shirt back down and go back to falling asleep

a half-way asleep katie doesn't think about this, but continues to fall alseep.

untill i roll, not all the way over, but just enough to bother winnie, who bites me just hard enough on my bare skin, that i so foolishly left wide open. i sit up in bed, sleepy and hurt and upset to have the most disapproving bunny look givin to me. winnie decides to take her nap else were, and jumps down. is feeling rather upset and figures that only a bite is not enough to get true revenge (because after all, its only a flesh wound. one that is lightly bleeding, and turning a sickly color of purple bruise). not seeing that winnie is on the prowl for revenge, i go back to bed after placing a hello kitty bandaid over the "little" nip.

i wake up 2 hours later only to find yet another one of my books has been turned (from pages 1 to 27) into beautifull confetti all over my floor.

another day in my bunny ruled life.

:shock:Demanding Diva!

Wow what a bunn that Winnie is! I've fallen in love with her!

A beautiful story, you guys share a true bond :)

so i tried a for photos. forgetting just how hard it is to get good pics of a black rabbit that hates getting her photograph taken. lol. but i did manage a few.

thought everything was going good, she was eatting her greens. running to the bowl, grabbing a leaf, then running around the room untill she found a spot she was happy with. plop the butt down and begin munching. because we cant just eat at the bowl i bought specially for her greens.

100_3784.jpg

when she finally realized what was going on. that there was in fact proof of her in film. she decided to hide

100_3788.jpg

i tried telling her that while she did have a beautifull figure it was just a tad to big to hide behindthe really thin bamboo post of my pom chair.

that only resulted in the most female disapproving bunny look ive ever gotten.

oh my silly rabbit

Katt, she's so cute.

Sorry to hear about the bruise. Hopefully it won't be around for long and your nice white porcelain skin returns quickly.

Susan:)

yeah, she is my little cutie.

its not that she bites really. it is already fading away. its one of the risks to sharing your bed with a rabbit that is so set in her ways. lol.

LOL...Nothing cuter than a disapproving lop!

She really does look stroppy in such a cute way. My cookie used to be like that, the other bunnies knew who was boss especially when she thumped her foot and stropped off. lol
When we bred her is was so funny she had the moment with a slightly smaller very gentle lop and literally a second later jumped away from him and kicked him in the face as she disappeared. Poor caramel we still joke about cookies bedroom bunitude "thanks very much now ave that buddy" "all done with you now" The babies were the cutest though and i think caramel was happy with his lot lol xx

well, i think that my blog will be about my life as well. not just my rabbit. lol. cause i feel like writing today.

so i am excited because i am going to get a new camera. once i figure out which one i want. taking high quality photos of myself, my rabbit, my friends, family, ect will be one of my joys. i just wish i wanted a cheaper one. $850 is almost 3 months of rent!!!! i am a fickle spender sometimes, my friends tease me about it all the time. will save my pennies yet am always broke. lol. seems to be the way the world works.

i am thinking about moving out of michigan. i really want a new job. but the economy in michigan is so bad that i can't leave where im at because it is secure, has benifits, and i get full time (over actually) hours. but it has turned into a danger zone. there is fighting, gossip, and boy troubles at work (oh lord, here we go with the boy troubles!) i have learned my lesson recently to not date in your department (and for anyone that doesn't know that already, save yourself the trouble of finding out and just avoid it). but now i find myself being asked out by one of the guys. he is almost relentless about it. normally i would complain to my director. but this guy is really a sweet guy and a friend, and i don't want to see him get in trouble.

winnie is her normal diva self. i got her though. i really did. so its been past time to clip her nails. she refuses to let me do this. last time it took 3 people to get it done. so she is running around the house, avoiding me because i filled the wrong food dish in her cage with pellets. she has 2 bowls, one for pellets, one for greens. when i put her pellets in her greens bowl, i got a thump, then she turned the dish over, spillingpellets all over the just cleaned floor to her cage,and walked- no strut- out of the room with her nose in the air and a look of "hah! i showed you" on her face. she wont eat the pellets once they hit theground. and because as her slave i made a huge mistake, i must be punished by getting the bunny butt all night long.

so i dig out the nail clippers and decide that its time for some grooming. with clippers, towel, and bag of craisins in hand, i creep around the house trying to find her. what the people across the road must think (as they can see at night right into my front window when the shades are open, and they were). if only they could here me "here winnie, winnie, winnie. . . silly rabbit! get your a$$ out here now!" on hearing the anger, winnie did the right thing, came out looking all innocent like she was made out of clouds and rainbows (its a good thing i know the truth). i reach for her, she thumps, moves just enough out of my way so i cant grabe her, and gives the bunny butt. shake the bag of craisins, and she considers. opens the bag of craisins, and she is pratically crawling up my legs (like rabbit like owner, food is our passion). snatch her up and start clipping nails away. each nail cut is one more bite hole winnie is leaving in my shirt.

so now im covered in hair (cause winnie is also molting) with a series of new holes in my shirt, a wild, scaredlook to my eyes, and a very angry rabbit standing facing me a few feet away. i can hear the old western music play in the background and a tumble weed float on by. i swear winnie muttered "okay you yella-bellied human, on the count of three draw" in a slow southern drawl. we locked eyes for what felt like hours. neither moving, and i was just about to beg for mercy claiming that i worked at the hospital all day, and i really didn't want to spend my time offin theER getting stitches. when i was saved by kyle. my best friend, knocking on my door. who winnie shockingly loves. i have never seen her binkie around a guy, or dead bunny flop, or even allowed to be pet. the first few meetings were a little sketchy. i had to physically restrain winnie from lunging at him while he sat there screaming like a little girl (okay, maybe not screaming, but he was afraid, he was screaming in his head). but after a few times she came around and now begs for his attention. binkies all around the house, dead bunny flops on the couch in between us and watches a movie.

so back to my story, i look frazzled, kyle is standing in the doorway asking what happened, there is rabbit fur flying in the air, and winnie runs up to him like "help! she is trying to kill me!" like i was the one ready to attack, like i was the one counting down to the shoot out.

needless to say, we forgave each other, after a while. and with the help of craisins, kisses, and bunny nuzzles. all the while kyles sitting there laughing cause he is yet to understand the twisted relationship my rabbit and i have. or any bunny relationship really. but we are working on educating him.

anyways theres my update for today

Katie, you are such a good story teller. I was laughing my butt off reading about you and Winnie.

We need more pictures of your little darling.

Susan :laugh:

ever wonder what katie looks like?

100_3797.jpg

and ifyou put me and a rabbit on the floor we might just cuddle a little bit (this just proves that winnie does love me! she doesn't always lay in bed with me at night, watching me, waiting for the right moment to go for the kill)

100_3796.jpg

but she is still a diva, and a diva has to keep up on her latest hollywood gossip, along with all the trends. . . so naturally she spends her free time ready cosmo

100_3795.jpg

100_3794.jpg

100_3793.jpg

100_3792.jpg

now the part i didn't get on camera was when i walked into my bedroom and saw her carefully lifting the corner of the page to the next. pausing, then keep moving forward. i swear she is keeping all her secret talents from me (like being able to read) so that she can sneak attack the world and become everyones ruler.

Latest posts

Back