Shya-she does what she wants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kmaben wrote:
Hmmm kinda hungry. What to eat, what to eat
OH! Theres that left over cookie in the pantry!! AND I'm wearing socks

sneak sneak sneak sneak
Open the cabinet, carefully no squeak
Pause, Listen. The dogs didn't even lift their heads off the couch.

ninja the door closed not even a hint of sound

TEEHEE!!! IT'S MINE ALL MINE I AM GO-AAARRRRgggGGGHHH! :panic:

Little black rabbit is sitting up begging for her share at my feet

Rabbit 3
Human 0

:rofl:

Rue

You know it has to much sugar in it when the rabbit can smell it from two rooms over and wants to share. Just throw it away and eat some celery.

I'm really shocked at what Shya will try. Just about anything really. Cheetos, zebra cakes, capri sun, cookies, cheeses, lasagna, sandwhiches. She was sitting on the couch table and my husband had a glass of milk that he wasn't paying attention too. He looked up when she made a sound and she was just lapping it up.

Now got it dairy products and other assorted people foods are very bad and that was an accident but she seems to have a gut like a cast iron skillet.

She eats more than Teddy does on any given day. She's worse than the dogs at begging. She has to be put up when we have dinner. Not only does she beg but she steals.

Sheesh. I hearts my little hippity hoppitys. At lunch I just want to come home and hang out with everyone.

Walk the dogs, take a nap with my old cat, and mint treats and grooming for the rabbits.

Who needs kids?

My Honey could use a bit of Shya's flare. Her main activities are dig [in her dig box], chew [her food & cardboard], & rest up to dig & chew again. She also tears paper. I eat the Subway sub; she gets the wrapper. lol

I have my lumpy rabbit teddy for the calm and shya when I need a laugh. There gonna be peeved at me. We go on vacation in April for 8 days. Dont know who's going to watch them but they aren't going to like it!

We so need a vacation and 8 days in Mallorca sounds like a great way to spend it
To bad we leave soon. There were a lot of places we would still like to go to.

I miss home though. And wal-mart. And doughnuts.

I was looking over some of the other blogs and was reading about how other rabbits "binky"
I understand what a binky is and why rabbits do it but Shya NEVER binkies.
I think "binkie" is one of those cute words like "bunny" that you just can't associate with Shya. Oh well
Teddy would probably Binky if he could work up the energy for it. That and the fact that he's not coordinated enough to move that fast or high.

Shya is to refined and sophisticated to binky. She's a lady. She doesn't do that sort of horseplay.

And poor Teddy, the lump. He's just completely relaxed and doesn't feel the need to binky.

To unique bunnies. Good for you. They probably have a binky while your sleeping. You are just aware of it yet.

Sounds like they keep you and themselves entertained other ways.

K :)

And here I thought Honey was the only house rabbit not to binky. But I'm surprised Shya doesn't do binkys. Maybe if you told her they were a form of martial arts, she'd start doing them.

lol Condo. Maybe if I tell her Chuck Norris binkies people in the face and asks questions later, she may fall for it and start.

Oye.So it's either blog or fold whites. After 8 loads and my hatred of matching socks I'll go with the blogging! Kitten is sitting in computer chair after multiple relocation's from the clean laundry baskets. Old cat is comfortably relocated in rocking chair that is supposed to be off limits. Better than in clean clothes. I am sitting on grubby old step stool. *note to self clorox wipe grubby old step stool. Today was also brush until your bald or mom gets peeved and shaves you bald. Kind of entertaining with the rabbits. Have to bribe with their new favity fave craisins. Lots of hopping around and crazy behaviour. Lots of dashing about and swipes with the brush/furminator/shedding blade. Since Easter is upon us and also happens to be my fave holiday I was thinking about Easter pictures now that I have rabbits to do that with. Is that a little too cliche? Bought the cutest pink malamae bowl and easter grass to put Shya in. Looking for cute basket and fake Tulips for Teddys picture. It's going to be so CUTE!!
Any other ideas out there?

16406_191539_320000000.jpg

Sorry Teddy. It's a long frozen road in hell before Shya will groom first.
He tries so hard to be the dominate rabbit. Aint gonna happen

Been such a loooooong week. Came home for lunch and was playing with the rabbits. I looked in Teddys castle and he's sprawled to the four winds, little floppy ears all askew, and feet just a twitching away. Now do I panic or is he just having little bunny dreams in fields of clover? Lean towards slight panic and I'll poke him to see if he wakes up. *poke poke* No reaction. I'm pretty sure he's just a hard sleeper like the ferrets. He'd be really peeved at me if I woke him up.

*calls omar at work*
"Heeeeeey so when you get home check in on Teddy. Make sure he's running around and eats a snack like normal"
"What's wrong with him?"
"I think he's just a heavy sleeper, but I just want to make sure it's not something else"
*insert big sign here*
"I'll call you when I get home"
"Your the best husband ever!"

Turns out Teddy is just a heavy sleeper :biggrin:

I have a heavy sleeper too. Willard will sprawl and I can go over to him and lean down and he will not move. I did the same thing you did. lol

It's amazing that he is just so comfortable to be able to stretch out and actually sleep when we are in the room.

Good for your heavy sleeper too. We must be doing something right.

So glad Willard is a content bunbun as well and that I'm not the only paranoid mom out there!

So I have a question for everyone. Easter is coming and the rabbits are getting their pictures done. I've found two baskets that I really like for Teddy's picture but I can't decide which one.

Basket one
16406_011459_560000001.jpg

or basket two
16406_011459_560000000.jpg

Let him choose! He seems to know what he likes, fashion wise. :p

I think..Oh gosh, I don't know. Try taking test pics of him in each, and seeing which you prefer?
Maybe basket two...it has a bit more colour, to contrast his darker fur.:)

And I liked one better...I though the dark bunny in the dark basket would be adorable if you accessorized it a bit.

Any chance you're gonna try to pop Shya into a basket to take her picture? Or will she not sit still for it?

My votes for the first one. Are we going to get to see the "Bunny in the Basket" pic?

Would love to see it.

So Omar was the tie breaker and I ordered basket two. I may just go back and order basket one when he's not looking.:biggrin: Shya has her own set up and when my basket gets here (hopefully in two weeks) we'll take Easter pictures. Will post when I get them!

So a word to the wise. Dont wear super awesome smelling lip balm when playing on the floor with rabbits. Teddy took a chunk out of my lip and it looks like someone beat the crap out of me. Not really sure how I'm gonna explain it.:rollseyes I see patients all day and it's going to be an interesting story to repeat, repeatedly. Thank you Teddy.

Can't wait to get back stateside and hit up farmers markets. Buying grocery store veggies is killing my wallet. Working on weening them off the mass veggies and upping the pellets. Little piggies.

Teddy makes a low grunting noise when he moves. Like an asthmatic overweight child. Does anyone else's rabbit do that? Nothing askew otherwise.

Back