Share the reasons why you currently have the # of rabbit(s) you have.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
I currently have only one rabbit; Peanut.

The reasons why Peanut is an only child.

1) I want to spoil her rotten.

2) I want her to love ---------->ME<---------- alone.

I have one bun. I got one because I only wanted one at the time. She's now 3. We did get another one about 2 years ago, but he died suddenly and we haven't really tried to get another one. I did really really want one that was across the country, but he got adopted before I could make arrangements to get him to me. That was like a week ago.

Other than that, I'm pretty content just having one bun. She's my heart bunny and I love her dearly. She gets all the love and attention, so I'm sure she's pretty happy with that. But sometimes I would still like to have another one to bond with her, so she won't seem lonely. I'm just not ready for that yet.

Because at this point, I don't have money to have more..Can't wait until we can though! :)

I got my first rabbit: a Holland lop rabbit Lila in April of 2011. I fell in love with her and the breed so in May of 2012 I got my second Holland lop Charlie :) The reason I have them is to show them and I have them as pets :)

I love them!! A couple of people were asking me to breed them to see if I could get the perfect "show bunny" but I wasn't sure. I decided to breed them and Lila had 2 kits on October 2nd!! I'm soo happy I bred them! I'm planning on keeping one and selling one :)

I have two because I rescue animals regularly and these guys came to me fairly neglected, needing homes, and I happen to love rabbits. My fiance, not so much, but he lets me have them and helps me with them when I need it. So, first I got Crush, a three year old, neutered Holland Lop and now I have Callie(Calypso), an eight month old, spayed Lionhead.

We have just 1 bun, Twigs.We've had him since April 2012 and he's 2 1/2 yrs old.He is getting fixed tomorrow and deep downI'm hopping that after the holidays I can talk my hubby into letting us gethim a bunwife.But then again it did take the kids years to talk him into any pet.So for now we are happy with one VERY spoiled and loved bun:D

As of yesterday, I now have TWO!

When I first got Agnes I told myself only one.

But then I started reading about how bonded buns are so happy together. I wondered if Agnes was sad sometimes. Im with her alot but can't be 24 hours a day so would she want a husbun?

I also found a rabbit at a shelter that I fell in love with. Archie is a stray mini Rex that is a total lover and a clown and it warms my heart that I can now give him a happy home.

Bonding has not begun yet but lots of positive signs, I'm keeping my fingers crossed a bond can happen!

I probably would've been happy with just one bunny, but I got two at once because I knew most bunns are happier with a friend. both of them kinda picked me with their demeanor when I met them... Gaz is shy and more of an introvert; Nala is feisty and outgoing. they make an adorable pair and Nala has taught Gaz a lot of stuff (like how to binky and how to climb the levels in the condo). I love them both and am SO glad I got two - they look SO cute when they're cuddled up together or grooming each other!

I first got my female holland lop Honey. I loved her she was so gentle and loving. She LOVES my cats so much.

I had Honey for about 5 months when I decided I needed another bun, I just finished my nursing course got a full time job and would be working 12hr shifts. I didn't want her to be lonely while I was working so got another bunny a male holland lop Hunter.

I have one, and will probably stick with one because I have limited floor space for cages and decided a Flemish Giant was the breed for me. I'll see how I feel in a year maybe, because Monty will be settled in and fixed way before then.

I have three but it really was never intended. :p

I had singles and pairs in the past and when I found myself sadly bunny-less, I decided to get a bonded pair from a rescue.

All was well until 4 months later when I lost one from a sudden rupture. I attempted to find a new husbun for my widowed girl and ended up with 2 brothers who both took a liking to her (and vice-versa).

I'm really enjoying seeing the 3 all snuggle together.

I currently have one bun. I had two but we had a household accident and sadly he died :( While I had him, the last couple weeks, I actually found my current bun outside and wanted to get her spayed so that I could bond them because she had the BEST personality.

I may get another in the future we will see how she adjust post spay and free roam first.

I purchased Humma and his bun wife Trillian in November 2011. They had been dumped off in a pet store and were already 2.5 years old. Humma was neutered already, Trillian was not. I felt sorry for them bc people wanted to only buy one and separate them. So I thought it would be somewhat of a rescue. Trillian died during her spay surgery in January 2012.
An aquaintance of my hubby heard about Trillian and said to take his 12 year old daughters rabbit bc she was bored with it. Hubby picked up Faith from that hell she was living in - the kids bedroom with tons of other pets, rats, hedgehogs, and others. Floor covered in feces and urine, the smell was horrible. So Faith was a rescue, got her in January this year, she was about 6months old. Tried to bond her to Humma - epic fail!

Freckles was a bunderground bunny (there's a thread on here about those buns) that was going to be euthanized due to overcrowding in a Florida shelter. Our vet thinks he's about 2. So we adopted him so he could live :biggrin:

They're 3 separate buns but that's ok with me for now. Maybe they'll all get partners some day (hubby might kill me):p

Two.
I got them as a bonded pair.

I'd like to add a third, but I'm nervous about bonding them.

I have one, no reason why really. But I'm getting her a buddy soon because BUNNIES ARE ADORABLE WHEN THEY HAVE FRIENDS. Also, it would make her super happy.

I have 3 rabbits, all of them belonged to a friend of mine, she was selling them at the fair, I have had my Mini Lop, Snowflake since the end of August 2011, and then my two Holland Lops, Caramel, my boy, and Cookies 'n Cream (Oreo or Cookie) since the end of August this year. My friend has to many rabbits and has to sell some each year. I will probably be getting more from a different friend of mine that doesn't want rabbits anymore, and possibly I will be having baby buns within the next 6 months!

Currently I have 11, because my naughty little Mini Rex Vegas can apparently mate through a divider:eek:hwell:

Latest posts

Back