Share the reasons why you currently have the # of rabbit(s) you have.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got three rabbits.
I used to breed and show, but my sister moved out to be a live-in nanny, and so we decided to downsize since she was leaving, and we'd both be too busy with work, school, etc.

She has Dusty living with her. Moved him over there a month or two ago. I've got Kailua, Kaelum and Leyna. Kai is leaving sometime soon, and then it'll just be the Hollands.

Emily

I got one bunny, a blue Flemish Giant named Conan the Bunbarian (always got to add bunbarian otherwise people think I named him after the late night host).

At first it was meant to be only one. I really like having him though and would like to have another, but he's just so well behaved and at this juncture I see no point in neutering him unless it becomes warranted. Plus he gets plenty of attention between me and the wife.

We had 17 when we moved here--can't say no to a bunny in need of rescue. All of ours were elder and time has thinned down the herd to 10. And, Peanut is very cute and very spoiled--we baby sat a couple of weeks ago.

I just have Peppy(4y/o now). I don't have the funds for if an emergency broke out with two rabbits so I don't have two rabbits. I DO want Peppy to be neutered and bonded one day though because he begs for attention 24/7 and we can't give it to him 24/7 though we try.

I have just Thumper who is almost eight months old. For now he is more than enough bun for us. With the kids and other pets we have more than enough to keep us busy right now.

We love his personality and would not change it if we could. I would be afraid of getting a bun that would cause problems.

Also, I don't plan on having him neutered unless absolutely necessary.

Although, I won't say we will never get another bun because although one for now is easier I would not mind the extra work if we decided that is what we want.

I only wanted 1 rabbit and she is rabbit enough at2 +years old. I have a Flemmish that I bought to raise as a therapy rabbit. She is great at her job, very sweet. I have had 2 other attempts at rabbits besides her and she tried to kill them both. I believe she wants to keep the humans to herself and she also told the dog, by boxing him that he could not make friends with the other rabbits either. We are going to stick with just her and the dog. She uses her stuffed animals as snuggle buddies and she grooms them too.

I was set with just one when I got Cheeto. But when I moved out of my parent's house, I needed to leave more for work and school. So I got Millie, they bonded within a couple of weeks and now I have two furry faces to smooch!

I seriously thought that getting another rabbit would mean an end to Cheeto's love for me, but it's even better. I can tell he's happier and I get alone/cuddle time with both buns individually when they take their little breaks from each other.

I have 2, Shiny Things and Beauty. I breed Shiny Things a couple of years ago, but had to get rid of her when I started college. In March of this year I found out that I could have a rabbit. I talked to the people who I gave her to and they said that I could have her back. They had forgotten that they had sold her recently, but also told me that they could get her back. Jump to August and I still did not have her. I got to thinking that I would never see her again. I went over to another breeder friend of mines house and she had this sweet ball of fluff. That ball of fluff was Beauty. I ended up getting her that day. I had Beauty for less than a week when I found out that my friends got Shiny Things back for me. So I got Shiny Things. 1 month ago I got Beauty spayed (Shiny Things was supposed to get spayed that day as well, but had an abscess and a feaver so my vet would not spay her that day). 2 weeks ago I got Shiny Things spayed. I am now in the process of bonding them. I am confident that it will work despite early sines (they tried to kill eachother when they were first together).

kkiddle wrote:
I seriously thought that getting another rabbit would mean an end to Cheeto's love for me, but it's even better. I can tell he's happier and I get alone/cuddle time with both buns individually when they take their little breaks from each other.

That is so sweet Kari. I hope that's how it is when Agnes and Archie are officially bonded. I have such a close relationship with Agnes I admit sometimes I get nervous when and IF she bonds with Archie that will change.

It will change, but for the better. I seriously thought I'd be ignored, and while I am sometimes (like nap time, I get thumped at a lot :rollseyes) most of the time it's just fun to have another bun around.
Last night they were playing, chasing each other around the apartment, and I was like, "Can I play???" and got down on my hands and knees to run around with them. They took a nap. I don't think they were pleased. ;)

We got Nibbles first because I really wanted a pet and rabbits seemed to be a good fit for our life style (I read a TON of info before we got him). After we adopted him in October 2011 from the shelter, I read more about bonded pairs and thought he might want a friend. We got Junie from a beautiful farm and brought her home on New Years Eve 2011. Our intention was to bond them, but after months of trying it just wasn't happening. Junie seemed so lonely and sad! Nibbles seemed okay just being on his own. I felt like Junie really needed a companion, so we took her on a date to meet Crispin. They hit it off and we brought him home on July 9th!

I want more :-D

I've never really intended to ever have a rabbit until I decided to adopt Harvey on a whim. So glad I did. I know you shouldn't really adopt on a whim, but my friend needed to rehome him and Harvey was a color I love.

Ok so I am a rabbit person haha. But right now I have a full apartment with two cats and Harvey and the geckos.
Besides the next pet I really want is going to be a horse!

I have 10..

4 semi-adult Flemishes (3 boys, 1 girl) and 6, 1 week old kits.

Sherlock and Watson- Sherlock an Agouti colored and Watson a blue flemish. These were gifts to my husband from me as a "we're having a baby" surprise. He has always wanted large rabbits. They are brothers and their names fit them PERFECTLY! They were indoor rabbits, but once they got a taste of the backyard, there was no turning back.

Gordon (sable) and Trixie (fawn) are brother and sister. A woman nearby had flemishes for sale, and I realllly wanted a fawn so we went to see what she had. She only had female fawns, so we said ok, but she was getting spayed. Well, I saw this little sable point guy in the boys pen being laid on, pushed around, pooped on, and I couldn't leave him there being bullied. So we worked out a deal, and I got to take both of them home.

All 4 of them have free roam of the back yard, and absolutely love it!

They had a recent run in with wild mushrooms which gave them temporary rear paralysis, and Sherlock ended up being able to catch the female while this happened and I wasn't home and mated with her. So we now have 5 black kits, and 1 agouti kit.

But, I don't plan on keeping any of the kits, and Trixie is penned up with them. Once they are weaned, she's getting spayed.

MagPie wrote:
I've never really intended to ever have a rabbit until I decided to adopt Harvey on a whim. So glad I did. I know you shouldn't really adopt on a whim, but my friend needed to rehome him and Harvey was a color I love.

Ok so I am a rabbit person haha. But right now I have a full apartment with two cats and Harvey and the geckos.
Besides the next pet I really want is going to be a horse!
pfft, I impulse-purchased my bunnies... just woke up one day thinking "I want to get bunnies today!", so I did. it's only bad if you cave to the impulse/whim without taking a moment to consider that it's a serious commitment. I'd known for a while I was about ready for another pet after losing my kitty a year and a half before... I didn't know what all rabbits needed (only had vague memories of caring for a rabbit as a kid, nearly 20 years ago) but I knew I had time to research/money to buy stuff and could commit to a pet for 10+ years, so I purchased the basics and got me two of the cutest little fluff-butts ever.

:) Yeah I'm actually pretty good about researching animals I want to get. Harvey I researched maybe for a day or two before hand, because I wanted him and didn't want him to end up with someone else or at the shelter. But it worked out for Harvey because I gave him a better diet, cage and more company. He loves my cats <3

The horse however is going to take a while to get.

I did most of my researching right after I got mine - I did enough to know what I needed to buy on the way to get the bunns... basically, took a trip to the pet store, looked around/checked out pricing and selection, went home and researched for a few hours until it was "now or never" to get them that day, went back to the store to actually purchase stuff and then went and picked out my bunnies. I learned SO much in the first couple weeks, hehe. finding yahoo answers helped, 'cause I started reading answers to other bunny questions and then answering other peoples' questions myself by doing research/repeating back things I'd already learned... plus I learned about RO 'cause someone mentioned it there! I still hang out on YA pretty frequently, answering bunny questions and spreading the word about how great RO is.

We have five. Five is too many for us, I would much prefer to just have Squish although I love all the buns, Squish loves me back.Since Squish is not bonded and sort of refuses to be,and of the five she is the least destructive and shows no interest in cords and cables.
Snowball is also a single and rebonding her to her dad and sibs is not going so well. She is very social and likes face rubs.
Cookie, Nutmeg and Curly are extremely bonded and really prefer to stay in their cage. Cookie likes both Squish and Snowball but Squish wants nothing to do with him, Snowball seems too skittish.
Ideally, while Snowball seems to trust and like me, alot, it would be better for her to have another home.
We have five because their is a shortage of homes.

I had never owned a rabbit before I got Big Bunny. I got him because my husband has allergies to cats and dogs, and we thought a bunny would be better (it is!). I wasn't going to get another one, but I knew early on that I was going to have to fly Big Bunny and I wanted him to have a buddy for comfort. He's kind of turned into a bossy pants!

I have 5 - my two bonded girls and 3 single rescues. I would have more if my mean hubby hadn't put his foot down!

Bunnies are cute and I can't resist them is basically the reason I have 7 now.

The first rabbit was because I wanted a rabbit and so I got one.
2nd was I wanted to get a girlfriend for him.
3rd was I wanted a lionhead.
4th (getting to 4 rabbits, not the 4th rabbit I got), I saw an ad and wanted her.
5- I was going to get 1 tan, but was offered 2 and couldn't say no.
6 and 7 were a pair that needed a home and I was looking. Probably would not have gotten 2 if they were not bonded.

Latest posts

Back