Shadows Home Thread If no one minds ;P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all those that remember seeing oreo thenapping baby girl well we discovered yesterday that She is a HE... Andmy mother in law is now expecting a liter of dutch babies with in thenext couple of days. She is pulling hair like no tomorrow and isstarting to build a nest.. That dang gender faerie strikes again, and Iam about fixing to beat her snotless.. We got oreo as a companion forWizard thinking the were both does, and at the 4 month mark they stillboth looked like does, well at the 8 month mark it was found out wewere all wrong. So as soon as Wiz's liter is all grown and ready to goshe is going in to get spayed... Oreo has plans to go in and get cut atthe end of this month so we will not be having any more accidents likethis again. I will post Wiz's baby pics as soon as she has them

Gooood Lord!

Here I am thinkin your rabbits died because it's been so long since we've heard from you, and Now This! :disgust:

I'm Tellin Ya - You Folks that keep gettin Smacked by "The Gender Fairy"...

It makes me Wonder - Maybe the Universe is tryin to Humble YOU!

:dunno:

I have Nothing Else to say.

-Carolyn

nah I have been having issues with the kids.....all three kids are sick and Nate has a NASTY ear infection, so bad thatit ruptured his ear drum in the process to release the pressure. Thatswhy I havnt been around much. I miss y'all very much though :)

All is well on the home front, I have just beenvery very sick, but anyways today is Celests day, she is going to momsto be bred with a beautiful Blue-eyed white male, hoping to havebeautiful ND babies for the first show of the year in Mass. I cantwait, its a netherland specialty show to so thats cool I am hoping atleast one of her babies will be of good show quality in the juniordivision. If anyone is interested in ND babies please feel free toe-mail me when the time approaches.

Also I will be having a batch of mini rex babies in the next coupledays as mama is nesting up and starting to get ansy :) So as soon as Ican I will be posting pictures!!

lol I just realized from reading back through mythread that I kind of left everyone hanging where wiz's babies areconcerned. She hasnt had them as of yet, but she is getting close wethink. If you place your hand on her sides you can feel somethingsquizzeling about in there. Not sure if thats normal or not. But I amrunning next door twice a day to see if she has had them yet, and sofar nothing, but I think it will be soon, cause if not she is going toEXPLODE! Not sure how big the litter will be, but looks like she isgonna have an entire herd with the size her butt has gotten lol.

I have Mini rex babies!! I will be posting picslater this afternoon when she settles down a little bit. They were bornsometime late last night or early this morning! I am so thrilled. Atthe moment we dont even know how many she had, I will be back in a bitwith offical details!!!!

nove13minirex.jpg

Here are the mini rex babies... There are 6 in all and not quite surebut they maybe choclate babies or agutie. We will see in a couple daysmom was not to happy having them messed with and yapped the whole timelol.

I am very happpyto announce Momma and babiesare all very well , Momma is atalker and managed to pass thetrait on to the babies , lol , As Iwas parting the fur and moovingthem around they were gruntingand squaking up a storm lol, it is just the cutest thingin the world to hear babiestalking to you .

Congrats on the babies. They are adorable.

They should all be chocolate, maybe with the possibility of black from

their daddy, his sire was broken black and his dam was black. They should

be winners when you show them. Their father and all grandparents were

grand champions. Their mother didn't like to go to shows and told me so

every time that I took her and for days afterward LOL, so she stayed home.

No Chance of agouti, there is none in their background. You will have to wait

for Cassie's little castor buck for you agouti.

Roger L

Im all set with agutie{sp} thats moms thing. I like brokens and solids only.

Although I just got a broken opal french lop in my care, she is about 5weeks old {ish, its one of moms} that is having eye issues. So I tookher home to see if I can clean her up and nurse her back to fullhealth. Mom says she will be going up for sale if I can get her cleanedup, and there is a little discrepency there, she may just be stayingright here with me lol.

after talking with gypsy, I am in for more of astruggle with this little one than I thought in the begining. She {wedont know for sure} is only 3 weeks old and very frail because of hereye condition she couldnt find mommy to nurse so well..... So I madeher up a pellet slurpy type thing lol and she took about .04 from achildrens advil dropper, tomorrow I am going to the store and gettingher some formula, and also gonna start giving her a little nutra cal inhopes that it will bring her weight up. She is resting well tonight inmy bedroom right beside my bed... Both my house girls are some mad atme though lol nadia is sitting beside me at the moment slamming herwater bottle more than she usually does lol.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on how Boo-Boo is doing... Iam not sure thats what its name is gonna be for long, but it works tillI know male/female. lol.

She seems to be doing well this morning, shetook another .04cc of pellet mush, and I got her the other stuff sheneeds. She also nibbled a couple of regular pellets this morning whichis good. The one thing that has me worried is the fact that I have yetto see that she has pottied, but giving the fact that she is so littleit might be just an oversite on my part. I will check thingsout when I get back to my home, as I am at gypsy's house at the moment.

Picture219.jpg

This is the little ones eye, I know its not very clear but any idea'sof how to sooth this would be appriciated... I am calling the vet inthe am because i believe it might be inverted eyelashes

Oh poor little one. i always have eye problems,and i usually put a warm cloth over my eye for a few minutes. dunno ifthat will make it worse for a bun, but he/she is in my prayers.

Thanks Nicky :) I have been doing warm cloths,warm salt water flushes and tearamiacin{sp} every day 2x a day..I justwant to keep her comfy till I know for sure. And thank you for theprayers this little one is gonna need them specially if they are gonnnahave to do surgery.

Latest posts

Back