Sebastian is sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Carolyn willbe checking in on this first thing in the morning!;)Fifty more poops! :shock:I'm aboutthrough counting bunny poop! :XStill hard, black and small.This seems really odd. I just finished the midnight treatment. I'm notplanning to get up at 4:00. He's eating Hay and since things areobviously moving in some manner I think it will wait until I get aroundin the morning todothe next one. Check out the"smallpoop" thread. Think that's worth checkingout?

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I know Carolyn will bechecking in on this first thing in the morning!;)Fifty more poops! :shock:I'm aboutthrough counting bunny poop! :XStill hard, black and small.This seems really odd. I just finished the midnight treatment. I'm notplanning to get up at 4:00. He's eating Hay and since things areobviously moving in some manner I think it will wait until I get aroundin the morning todothe next one. Check out the"smallpoop" thread. Think that's worth checkingout?

Raspberry

50 morepoops!!!

Don't get discouraged.Like we chatted last night,it doesn't clear up overnight. Poops may be small for acouple ofweeks. I would expect you tohave to keep going through this another3-5 days untilhe'seating on his own and drinking on his own as well asdischarging the bad.

Continue with the treatments today.I do hope youhad a good night's sleep. I agree that it wasn't necessaryfor you to get up at 4 a.m.

Keep us posted on how the little mon takes his treatments. So glad he's eating hay!

I've listed sites below for you to check out the symptoms that Lanna's struggling with Bossy right now.

-Carolyn

As to tapeworms:http://www.dr-dan.com/tapeworm.htmorhttp://www.provet.co.uk/health/diseases/zoonosistapesrodents.htm

Coccidiosis: http://www.gsdhelpline.com/worms.htm

Oh no! I am pulling for you Raspberry and Sebastian, keeping you both in my prayers.

This time of year I am extra careful with my buns too, since we all gethit with the weather change (Specially when it is 50 one day and 20 thenext) Keep talking to him too! Let him know you love him andyou arent going to give up.

How did I miss this post?! :shock:Ohpoor baby Sebastian! Raspberry you and Sebastian will be in my thoughtsand prayers. Keep us posted and I hope to hear good news by the time Iget home at lunch!

I'm so sorry to here about Sebastian...he's sucha sweet little boy. It's good to hear that things are movingthough...thinking of you all and sending positivethoughts!Hope to hear all is well soon!

Dawn

LuvaBun wrote:
I hope there are 100s of nice healthy poops this morning.
Jan

Well, not 100,s, maybe 30-40... They arestill the same way though. So tiny and really hard and dark. I can'tbelieve that with all this stuff he's getting that no hair has passedand that they aren't softening up.

He was really happy to see me, which lastnight at midnightI wouldn't have bet on that! :(Butthis morning when he heard me coming he ran down from his top level,over to his door, and squished his cute little face in the crack. WhenI didn't let him out right away he started banging the door. So, that'shis version of "Good Morning Momma!" I let him out to run around andgetsome exercise to see if that helps move things along. Thefirst thing he did was run to the refrigerator. I never tell him no atthe refrigerator, SO, I told him CAROLYN said NO. :cool:Thenhe hopped around and ate every little piece of leaf or grass that wastracked into the house on the carpet. He just doesn't want his pellets.

He just now ran over to his cage and drank a nice, long drink ofwater!

Now I have to ruin everything by doing a treatment......:(

Raspberry

He's got you so trained, Raspberry! Isuppose one treat from the frig after he's had his treatment won'thurt. I just would prefer him to have to eat the hay insteadof treats at this point. It's a great sign he's interested infood though, and I'm thrilled to hear that he's drinking on his own.

Don't get discouraged. Assuming it is GI Stasis, it takes afew days before the poops normal colors start comingback.

The key is that things are getting through. How's hisattitude, is he lethargic or does he get around when he's let out?

-Carolyn

He was runningaround checking everything out. Now he's gone back to bunnyflop on thebottom of his cage. I was thinking. You know I mentioned that I wasgoing to change pellets? You think this would be the time to doit? I mean if he hasn't eaten any of the old kind for a fewdays anyway maybe it wouldn't bug him so much...or do you think thatwould just be asking for trouble?

Raspberry

Hi Raspberry,

I would wait until you get past this before changing hisfeed. Sometimes rabbits stress when you change theirfeed. With all he's going through with the treatments, etc.,you don't want to add another stressor to the equation.

Never thought you'd be a Nurse when you got him, did ya?

-Carolyn

I'm keeping anotebook with notes on all of this just in case I ever have to do itagain and heaven forbid it was more serious, or I didn't have you sonearby...

I just did 3 cc's of pineapple juice, 3-4tsp of pumpkin with 1 tablet of crushed papaya in it, 1/2"-1" ofnutri-cal, mostly squirted inhis mouth this time.

Still got the BIGTHUMP. And lots of thumps all the way back to thecondo....Then much attitude and digging and angry munching on hay anddirtylooks...

Probably I'll have to sneak him onelittle craisin after a while to see if I can get akiss...:shock:

Raspberry

I'm so glad that things are still moving along inhis GI tract! Thats really a good sign I would think. Poor littleSebastian, it's so hard when they don't understand and you can'texplain that the treatments will help them feel better. I can bet youare feeling starved for a kiss by now! Keep the poops coming Sebastian!

Fergi's mom

How's he doing now? Sorry I didn't respond tothis sooner, I've been out holiday shopping all day and getting dinnerin the oven. Also, I've thrown my back out, so sitting at the computerisn't what I'd call comfortable.

Is he still grumpy and thumping like mad?

Wow, you're doingwell to be on your shopping already! Sorry about your back.:?Make sure and take care of you! He isn't so mad but he laidaround a lot this afternoon. When I got back from running errands a bitago I found several ofthose clusters of soft, smelly poops.The ones that look like grapes. But no more of the other ones. That hadme kind of worried because there have been so many other poops comingthrough. But then a few minutes ago he went over to his litter box andwent again and there are 20-30 bigger (finally) not so dark poops. Heis still laying around and not eating pellets or oats. He isoccasionally munching on hay. I'm getting ready to do anothertreatment...

Raspberry

Wooo Hoooooo!!!! :dude:

'not so dark poops'!!!!

That's GREAT, Raspberry! It's working. When the poops lighten up, it's a great sign that things are happening.

:)

Keep up the good work, Doc.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,Sebastian's little girl helped with the last treatment. She decided sheshould take a taste of his medicine since it was her bunny...of courseshe knows that we make pumpkin pie from pumpkin...tee hee, teehee....She takes a bite, wrinkles up her nose, runs to the trash andspits it out and says "No wonder he thumps at you Momma. I think he'dlike it better if you put it in a pie."

Kids!

Raspberry

LOL! Oh boy, kids are priceless. Maybe sometimeI'll let you in on a story of my own that left my parents laughing toohard to punish me!

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
LOL! Oh boy, kids are priceless. Maybe sometime I'll let you inon a story of my own that left my parents laughing too hard to punishme!

Do Tell!

"No wonder why he thumps at you, Momma. I think he'd like it much better if you put it in pie."

Out of the mouths of Babes.

:)

Carolyn wrote:
Okay, if you insist! :p

I was about 5 or 6when this happened and my brother wouldhave been probably 8 or 9years old. I was mad at my brotherfor some unknown reason (dang sibling rivalry ;)) and I quite loudlytold my brother that he was stupid. My mom heard this and wasmad at me, she told me that calling someone stupid was not very nice atall and to apologize to my brother. Me, being the smart alec I was atage 5 or 6, promptly said, "I'm sorry you're stupid Brian," in a loudvoice. I'm sure no one really expects that out of such an innocentyoung childs mouth and my parents sure didn't. My mom kept trying tolecture me but she was laughing to hard to get anything out, soessentially, I got away scot-free. :D

Aren't kids just bundles of joys and laughs? ;):p

Latest posts

Back