Scraped chin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flashy,

The metacam can cause issues if the bun is dehydrated ~ but I'm not sure just how bad it is if he isn't dehydrated. I would think it would be worth it to give him the metacam to help him feel more comfortable so he'd want to eat and drink.

I'm only seeing thi just now - I'm so sorry I missed reading it earlier. I'm sure you're doing a great job taking care of him and I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

Good luck w/ your guy.....and maybe we can see more pictures soon? (hint, hint).

Peg

Thanks guys :) You've really helped/Are helping me loads :) :group:Really, thank you.

He doesn't seem to be dehydrated at all Peg, which must be a good thing, he is drinking on par with all his siblings, so that's good. I agree that metacam for ease and comfort makes a lot of sense.

Poor little guy is scared of me now. When/if he gets through this I'm going to have to work really hard with him to bring his trust levels back up. At least he's taking his meds easily with on a piece of banana, that's one less battle to rage.

And Peg, if you want pics, send me an e-mail (if you've still got my addy)and I'll send you some. I never like to bother you though. I don't reallyhave anywhere to put pics anymore (and if I'm truly honest I never thought anyone would be bothered about them), so I've just been keeping them to myself, and sharing a few with Polly via e-mail.

Thank you all so much for helping me,, it means so much :)

I do not know much about worms of any kinds in rabbits, I have never had them with mine. What I do know about all animals and worms is that you can get worms if you walk without shoes anywhere the animal has defecated. I have had puppies with worms and I have known people who have gotten worms from thier animals. So you need to make sure to clean very well where the rabbits go to potty.

Thanks. It seems to say in a lot of places that humans can't get these, but you are right in what you say about contamination though, so thank you.

I've got to clean 10 hutches out, everyday. I have no idea how I'm going to do that, I struggle to clean out two. But it's not even regular cleaning, is heightened cleaning. It's only the first day and I'm in pieces. They'll all get cleaned, I know they will, they'll all be fine. The rabbits will be well taken care of and looked after, they always come first, top of my list.. But me, well, I can't cope, God knows what mess I'll end up in.

I'm so sorry.

You don't have to apologize, Flashy... we all know how it is to get overwhelmed with tasks at hand. You're doing great with the buns! They are all happy and bring you so much joy. And look how fast you caught Lightening's problem! :great:

Just take everything one little step at a time. Andtake a few minutes for yourself. You deserve it.

[align=center]:jumpforjoy:[/align]

Latest posts

Back