Scout--Precious Bunny I love So Much--2005-2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry Katherine :(

You two were blessed to have each other.

Binky free at the Bridge, Scout!
We'll see you on the other side someday.

:pray::rainbow:

Wow. Such a beautiful bond, words could never express how you feel but you did a pretty incredible job.
Rest In Heaven Scout.
Jj

Wow. Such a beautiful bond, words could never express how you feel but you did a pretty incredible job.
Rest In Heaven Scout.
Jj

July 21 was the three month anniversary of Scout's passing and, coincidently, that was the day that two new bunnies arrived to share my home. They are adorable and they have helped with the grief so much. But I still think of my first baby, Scout, every day with love and longing. If Scout is watching from the Bridge, I want her to know that loving the new bunnies brings me joy but that they will never replace her!

I love you and I'll always think of you, Scout, sweet bunny I love so much! I'll tell the new bunnies all about you!
Binkie Free!
:pink iris::rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris::rainbow:

This story was truly touching, thank you so much for sharing. I can honestly only hope I'll learn to be as good a bunny-mom as you were to your wonderful Scout.

I missed this the first time around, as I hadn't gotten my bunnies or discovered RO yet... you really have a way with words! in reading your recollections, Scout really came alive for me - she sounds like the most perfect bunny ever! (don't tell my two I said that! :p)

I'm so sorry for your loss; yet thankful at the same time because of how easily you could've inadvertently side-stepped the loss by never ending up with Scout to begin with. I'm sure she was as thankful as a bunny could possibly be to give up a life of being crammed in a cage eating chicken feed in favor of a home more loving and caring than she could ever have imagined in her wildest dreams!

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
July 21 was the three month anniversary of Scout's passing and, coincidently, that was the day that two new bunnies arrived to share my home.
another interesting coincidence - July 21st was also the day I woke up and, out of the blue, decided "I need a bunny!" and went out and found my beloved Nala and Gaz.

Larry and Jennifer--Talk about coincidences!!! I can't tell you how much it means to me that you read this tonight and bumped it up so that I would read it, too.

For some reason, a strong wave of grief, guilt and regret came back tonight. I was just in the other room and longing for her so much. It was hurting so bad that I couldn't cry. That's the worst. I came back to the computer to try to work and there were two emails saying that you had posted. It was like hearing from Scout!!! I read your posts and I was able to cry and remember happy times. I feel so much better now. I am grateful to you for taking the time to read it.

Larry--I feel like I know Commander BunBun from reading your Tribute. I can feel how special she was, too. What a good manager she was;) What a BIG personality! I'm pretty sure she and Scout are having salad and bananas together tonight. Scout's having pizza cause you can have whatever you want at the RainBow Bridge. No one can understand until they've bonded with a heart bunny how they wrap themselves around our hearts.

Jennifer--that's incredible that July 21 was the day you woke up and knew you had to get a bunny and Harvey and Halo were travelling from Florida to Virginia to start their new lives here. Hmmmmmm. Rabbits do have certain powers;) Nala and Gaz were calling to you that morning. I'm sure of it. They knew you would be the most loving, creative and giving mom in the world for them!

:)

they really do capture your hearts amazingly quickly, don't they? after less than three months of bunny ownership, I was a *wreck* come spay-day, worrying about what if one of them didn't make it and already thinking of how I'd find some way to blame myself - should I have picked a different vet, should I have waited longer, etc. it was SUCH a relief when it was over and done with and my little girls were home safe and sound, albeit a bit groggy. I'm so very attached to them already - Nala with her big-as-life personality and feisty streak; Gazzles with her dead bunny flops and nose-bonks!

I usually stay away from the Bridge section of this forum, because I can't handle the loss. So this is the first time I've read the story of Scout and I'm almost hysterical right now.
Katherine, your way with words made me feel like I lost her too. I'm crying like I did lose her.
I'm so sorry for your loss, because it is so hard to deal with. I've lost my share of animals and it takes so long to be okay after their gone. I've shed so many tears for the ones that I've loved and the ones that I didn't even know.
Binky free beautiful Scout. Enjoy your pizza crusts!
:rainbow:

Scout sounded like a wonderful companion. I really understand how you feel about her passing. I also lost a wonderful rabbit to GI stasis. She was the sweetest most affectionate rabbit, and I was heartbroken to lose her. It's hard not to blame ourselves when we can look back and see the things that we could have done differently, but the truth is that we did the best we could for what we knew at the time. I wouldn't trade one day that I was able to spend with my sweet little Dash. I'm sure both Dash and Scout were happy to be able to spend their lives with us as well. But I know, it's hard not to miss them sometimes.

Hello,
I am really sorry for your lost. It is really terrible...This little animals leave an empty space in our lifes that can not be fill by anything.
I also lost my rabbit Pinche this year in July. She was one year younger than Scout.
It was my first and only rabbit. I am still feeling terrible, it seems still like a bad dream. Like I am on holidays and will be back soon to her.
Many people advices me to get a new pet but I just can't...It is not that simple.
How are you doing? How do you manage?
Thanks for sharing!
Naima

Another thing...Pinche died also from a GI stasis, it was her second one. The first time I managed to save her with mobilization drugs, wet food, water with recovery salts, etc. The second time, I did all what they recommend in this website and in other forums and rabbit books and she still died. I believe that GI stasis is not 100% understood and it can happen due to other sickness in the rabbit (like cancer).
Pinche was sick before the GI stasis episodes with chronic urinal infection, or something worst?. she was on medication on a long time...She start behaving like cured just one week before she died. Maybe she knew her day was coming and tried to enjoy her last days with us. She waited for me to die in my arms...Definitely they are incredible creatures.
Please do not blaim yourself, I did that also!It is very hard not too but it is not fair. In a way, it was meant to happen that way. Sometimes, we can not avoid the death of our friends.

I stopped back in to see the recent posts because I read scouts story back in July. But Katherine, doesn't it warm your heart to see how many people have been moved by scouts story? :) I sometimes will be just watching Agnes and Archie and think that they are just two little rabbits in the whole grand scheme of the world.....but then it's stories like these that make me realize our little buns may touch more people than we realize :)

I'm sure scout is binkying like crazy knowing how much attention she is still getting!!

Latest posts

Back