Scout--Precious Bunny I love So Much--2005-2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Naidie,

Thank you so much for reading Scout's story and telling me about your Pinche. I can tell you completely understand. I am so sorry for your loss of Pinche, too. I relate to everything you are feeling. It means so much to me when people read Scout's story. I appreciate your taking the time!

I agree with you that GI stasis may not be fully understood. It's clear that you did everything possible for Pinche and that she felt your love and returned it with such gratitude. I have no doubt that she waited to die in your arms--to give you the gift of sharing her last moments with you.

I have come to believe that, when we truly bond with a rabbit, the bond is very strong and the grief is especially intense. I have grieved for all my animals but there was something different about Scout's loss. For me, it was as serious as the loss of a close family member. It took me months to get to the point that I wasn't crying every day. And, now, six months later there are still days when I cry.

One thing that really helped me was to find the Rabbits Online site and to post my Tribute to Scout. It really helped to tell her story and to find that there were other people who had felt what I was feeling. It also helps me to have a little alter for Scout with her picture, her favorite treats and toys and a candle. When I need to, I light the candle and talk to her and have a good cry:)

Three months after Scout's passing, I did adopt two wonderful shelter bunnies--Harvey and Halo. I didn't think I was ready but when I saw their pictures in a post on Rabbits Online, I fell in love and my spirits lifted. They have helped me. For one thing, they keep me very busy;) And, now I hear that wonderful patter of bunny paws again and see those beautiful eyes and feel those soft bunny kisses. When and if you are ready, it does help to give your love and care to another rabbit.Harvey and Halowill never replace Scout but caring for them is a way to honor her.

My heart goes out to you and I hope you stay in touch and let us know more about Pinche and how you're doing. Love and hugs.

Oh, Lisa, yes! It does warm my heart. I was just thinking that reading over recent posts and noticing that over a thousand people have viewed Scout's Tribute. It validates my feelings that there are other people who understand and can relate to how much she meant to me. And who GET what a special little soul she was.

For some reason, it does make me feel better that she's getting attention:)I think you're right. She's binkieing at all the attention!!! I love that image:)

Agnes and Archie are two of the most beautiful rabbits I have ever seen. With the biggest personalities--personalities that have room to blossombecause of the quality of the care you give them. Little bodies but such BIG spirits:) They make me happy every time I see a picture of them and the incredible home you create for them. I agree, our bunnies touch more people than we realize. I think they open our hearts in a special way. And, in the grand scheme of things--what's more important than that;)

Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Agnes and Archie are two of the most beautiful rabbits I have ever seen. With the biggest personalities--personalities that have room to blossom because of the quality of the care you give them. Little bodies but such BIG spirits They make me happy every time I see a picture of them and the incredible home you create for them. I agree, our bunnies touch more people than we realize. I think they open our hearts in a special way. And, in the grand scheme of things--what's more important than that

^^^^you always say such kind things. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back