Sandhills_Rabbit's Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to share some great news!!! My hubby(Rob) has been working his heiny off at Coca-Cola. He was told that ifhe wants to advance in the company and to be promoted he'd have totransfer out of state, since where we live there's not too muchturnover in the company at all.... After quite a bit of hard thinking,he decided to put in his resume at some other corporations. He has aton of managerial and supervisory experience, so we knew with a littlepatience and praying that a better job would show up.

Well, he had an interview at Dish Network in December before Christmas,and was told to go take his pre-employment UA test and had to get abackground check done.

He just got a call THIS WEEK (!!!) that his background check finally came back, and they wanted to extend the job offer to him.

He will be going out of state for two weeks for some extensivetraining. The health benefits, etc. seem better than Coca-Cola's, andhe will get three days off in a row every week. He also will get acompany vehicle, which will be so nice! I guess that Dish Network isexpanding and growing big-time, and there's quite a bit of room foradvancement and growth within the company......

Annie

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
A picture of jaiden rose (my 9 year old daughter) and me:

87966759.jpg
Beautiful. :)

Couldn't think of a nicer family to have this happen to them.

That's wonderful, Annie. I'm so happy for you. Theperks sound excellent. Home for three days in a row iswonderful, and a companycar??

By the way, I love this picture of you and your beautiful girl.

87966759.jpg

You look like best buddies!

-Carolyn

Thanks everyone for all the congrats on my hubbyand his new job. He is very excited! His former employer is notoriousfor not treating thier employees as they should. It was veryfrustrating to say the least. When Rob (my hubby) went in to DishNetwork to fill out papers, etc. he was talking with the head of theLincoln branch, and was told how Dish Network is such a wonderfulcompany to work for. Then some of the other guys that were there weregoing on and on about it, too. I figure that's got to be a good sign!They are even trying to move the training to Lincoln, so my hubby wonthave to be away from his family! That is so nice of them to try and do!

New pictures!..... My daughter and I tookStarlite and Twilite to Pawnee Lake yesterday because it was a mild,mostly sunny day. We let the little ones (that arent so little!) runaround for quite a while, and they loved it!
I got some beautiful pictures of the feather-babies....

89442581.jpg

89442579.jpg

89442574.jpg

I love ducks! What great pictures. :)

When I was a kid, I had two ducks as pets. Yeah, I was odd like that.One was called Stuart (after that book Stuart Little) and the otherSimon, after the lead singer of Duran Duran (even though it was a girlduck).

oo! I LOVE Duckys! LOL.. i rasie them.. i rasieMallards though.. lol.. and when i was little i used to look throughtheir nose because you could see to the other side! LOL

Well.... my daughter and I did it again. We went to the petstore today, and checked out their rabbits.

It was horrible!!! They had 9 (yes, 9!!!) bunnies cramped into onelittle cage. There wasnt even enough room for them to spread out andwalk, so they were literally climbing on top of each other for lack ofroom. It was a group of litter-mates, and they suppossedly had justbeen brought in the day before. Many of them were sooooooo matted withfeces and had scratches, etc. It was just horrendous.

I would have liked to have brought all of those bunnies home, but Iknew I could'nt..... so i bought two. I figured at least those twowould have a forever home that was full of love and caring, and thenthe other bunnies would at least have a little more room in the cage.We expressed all of our concerns to the petstore, and I will bechecking back tomorrow to make sure that they have been moved to propercage set-ups, etc.

My daughter picked out a bunny that she named CoCo, and I picked out alittle girl with a Cataract in her right eye, that I named Lickerish.They are real sweeties, but I can tell that where they came from mustnot have been a good enviroment. I hope they adjust to their new familyand home quickly, and that they realize that we wont mistreat them asthey have obviously been mistreated in the past.

Here's pictures of Jaiden's CoCo:

90027927.jpg

90027926.jpg

90027917.jpg

And pictures of my Lickerish:

90027913.jpg

90027909.jpg

90027907.jpg

What cute bunnies... I hope they realize you arehere to help! Post up on the petstore, I wonder if there is anything wecould do to prevent that from happening again? I doubt it! Well,tonight I am really tired from finishing my high school schedules. Isigned up for anything that had to do with animals and got out ofhaving to do PE or Athletics because I am in band.

What cute bunnies... I hope they realize you arehere to help! Post up on the petstore, I wonder if there is anything wecould do to prevent that from happening again? I doubt it! Well,tonight I am really tired from finishing my high school schedules. Isigned up for anything that had to do with animals and got out ofhaving to do PE or Athletics because I am in band.

Whatbighearts you and Jaiden have, togo in and see that situation and not be able to leave there emptyhanded! :)Surely they will sense that you two are theirguardian angels and they will come around to be great little bunnies!

Raspberry

Back