RO Members Introduce Themselves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I thought I'd done this before, I guess not.

I'm Christina. I'm 18 years old and though I was born & raised in Los Angeles, I spent the summer of 2007 in Ithaca where I first fell in love with Cornell and now I've been here for a good 6 months and I'm still loving it. What they say is true, there are real seasons! (Frozen waterfalls freak me out though). I'm an Animal Science major and while general bio and general chem are giving me quite a bit of trouble, I'm managing to pass those and I absolutely love the classes that are actually within my major.
Back in LA I have 2 golden retrievers, both are now 12, a 20 gallon freshwater fish tank, and the 2 buns.
When I convinced my mom that we "needed" a rabbit in the summer of 2006, she decided that she liked dutches and I searched for one at a shelter in our area. On August 4th 2006 we came home with Miss Fiona Whiskers, "Fiona." We soon decided that Fiona needed a friend and brought her to the shelter where I volunteered and let her pick out Mr. Timothy HoppyToes, "Timmy" although the two have since unbonded and my mom doesn't like taking the risk of trying to bond them again since, well, they have sharp teeth and like to use them on eachother.
I also have an older brother who is a 3rd year student at UC San Diego.

Hmm... more about me...
I went to Catholic schools from K-12th grade. My high school was an all-girls school and I like to think that going there was one of the best decisions I ever made.
At Cornell we're required to pass two semesters of PE, so last semester I took Basic II equestrian which I loved. This semester I'm enrolling in Intermediate I and I'm looking forward to learning to jump.

I really love to learn new things and I usually enjoy a good debate. If you ever have questions about anything I say or you need clarification of some kind or you'd just like to continue a discussion, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm sorry that I don't spend as much time on RO as I used to. I don't see my rabbits while I'm at school, so I usually can't add much about them, but I do enjoy coming on and seeing how everyone else is doing. It's great to see so many new faces as well. I promise, I'm not a creepy stalker, though I do lurk a bit.

BUMP... As there are new members and everything and there are ALOT of people on here its hard to know everyone.
It will be nice to find different people you didn't think you'd talk to have the same interests as you!

So if your new post about yourself and I'm gonna go through and read everyones posts again from the start of this thread :)

x

k, well i havnt had time to do this but ill make time

im Brenda. 19 year old single mom to a beautiful one year old baby girl Charlee Ann.
I have always loved animals and someday want to move out into the country where i can have a couple horses and maybe start a rescue. i want to be a teacher for gradeschool as well.
i have a dog, Ty, 4 bunnies, Sara, Mimzy, Fallow, and Blake. I also have a cat Smokey and my roomies cat Martini.
i suffer with chronic depression and lately staph infections that may be MRSA. dont know yet, but it sucks.
my heart is officially broken from a boy from the country who played me good and left me miserable and truly heartless towards guys, so my love life is probably on a permament hold :)
i have been in love with one great man in my life. my best friend and fiance who passed feb 28, 08. it killed me and im still not the same. then my best friend who introduced me to my fiance, would be six years ago now, passed a couple months ago.
ive had a hard life and i try the best i can, but when i know im failing i grab mimzy or one of the other buns and play with them and it really takes my mind off them and the stress, so im thankful for all my pets...and the few friends i do have.

Arrr Brenda that is so sad that you have lost special people in your life, infact lots of peoples threads on here talk of depression or sadness in one way or another.
I too suffer from depression and am starting to think that either life is getting worse or people who are depressed often turn to animals x hopefully the later hey :)
My name is Karen, i am married and have been for 11 years now.
We got married in Las vegas with an Elvis lookalike in the silver bell chapel.
We have been through lots of ups and downs but have grown through it all together.
I have also been on antidepressants for about 15 years on and off, but mainly on :)
I have three children, all boys, Harvey 6, Henry 3 (on friday) and Stanley 1 in september.
I am 33, 34 in September a week after stanleys birthday.
I am 5 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs.
I like to be surrounded by chaos to ensure i do not have too much time to sit and think and dwell on misery.
When reading all the threads i read delusional and the personality bits were all me even the bit about her best friend being Lee, my husband is also called lee, not sure how to quote on here but will try.

This next bit is a quote but have copied it as it was so perfect

I go from manic, on-top-of-the-world to wanting to crawl under a rock and die, and back again, several times a day.

I want everything now. I don't like to wait for what I want. I'm impulsive, and once I've decided to do something I do it and usually don't think about the consequences until it's too late.

On the complete opposite of that, I have no confidence in myself, and never really have. In fact, I have spent most of the day debating whether to post in this thread because I'm sure that nobody really wants to read about me. And the same with most other threads; even if I know the answer I don't like to post in case I'm wrong.

That was the quote hope you dont mind delusional.
I went to the quote bit and highlighted it but didnt know how to get it on here so copied..

I am a stay at home mum and love it as hate working anywhere else. Although i find motherhood very very hard and my children very difficult lol i love them totally xx
My husband Lee is everything to me and helps me get through life.

I have one brother who is 4 years older than me.

I am far too bothered by my appearance, and had an eating disorder as a teenager and other self harming probs.
I have 6 tattos and 3 piercings, although in my time i have had pretty much everything pierced apart from my tounge as am terrified i will swell and stop breathing.
I also have breast implants, and look nothing like you are probably now imagining.
I am on facebook as Karen Lemon Was Rogers if you want to be friends.
I like everyone until they stop liking me !!
I love animals and find they are great stress relief and give me a reason to get up in the morning. I am compulsive and obsessional and love sleeping xxx

There is prob more but cant think right now..

i wish i could be a stay at home mom too, Karen!!! that would be amazing. and the chaos helps amazingly with depression...i never realized till i read what you said but ya...when theres nothing going on i get super depressed. a stressed envirement is almost what i need to stay on top of things

and you are really beautiful to karen...shouldnt be worried about your looks. i know we all go through that stage in life and it takes people awhile...

this is for everyone who doesnt think so highly of themselves....love yourself or you can never love another. you are the way you are and nothing can change that so love what you have and be grateful for the way you look cause it could be worse...

Arrrrr that is a really sweet thing to say Brenda, and you are so right, maybe we should start a how to love ourselves more thread, brighten up your day thread. Lots of snuggly bun pics and funny faces and bunny bums to make us smile xx

ok here I go....
My name is Kirsty, I live in Derby (what I like to call the most boring place on earth!) in the UK.
I live with my fiancée Nick and his to parents Val and Dave. Dave has a type of dementia and so currently me and Nick work for Val as his carers so she can go out and get a bit of a break every now and again.
My parents live the other side of town in Duffield where I was pretty much raised. I didn't have the best of relationships with my mum so I moved out about 2 - 3 years ago.
I am currently 21 though will be turning 22 on the 25th!
We currently own 5 rabbits (eclipse, leo, blue, clover and fiver) and 3 Persian cats (max, pepsi and pan) and I love them all to bits!!!
I enjoy drawing and am currently getting a folder together for a animators course that I'm hoping to start next year (i'll be sure to post some more of my work when it's done), I also enjoy sewing, stamp collecting, walking, playing video games, watching movies, reading and of course my greatest interest is anything of the animal kind!
My life is like a rollercoaster full of up's and downs, as I said, I don't have the best of relationships with my mum, I lost my grandpa and best friend to cancer back in 2000 when I was 12, It broke my heart, he was my hero and i'll always look up to him and my first relationship which, I went into rather blindly at the age of 16 was very abusive in all kinds, he put me through that much torment that I still suffer with after effects now, for which I have counselling but nowadays things are better, I met Nick who has brightened up my life considerably, he took me on my dream holiday to disney and introduced me to the wonderful place of Orlando (I sooooo want to live their everyone is soooo friendly!!!)going back next jan and is my support for when things get tough. We got engaged back when I was 18 on a cliff top over looking the sea and beautiful gardens though he had to do it again in front of my parents on my birthday which, took a lot of guts!! We haven't got a date for the wedding yet, worried about the £'s and planning it around interfering parents!!
Oh yes and we also like going to concerts when we can we've so far seen the darkness twice, 50 cent, blink 182, bon jovi, the cult, zappa plays zappa, lordi, lee evans twice, bill bailey, ed byrne, derek acorah, walking with dinosaurs live, WWE loads (we know one of the cameramen it's great! Get to go backstage and hang out with the wwe stars!). I have personally seen bon jovi, rush, the doors (21st century with Ian astbury), Paul Macartney, gareth gates and will young and we are going to see Eddie Izzard in october, we wanted to see ZZ top when they come over but can't get :( we also wanted to see motorhead which, is nearer to us but it was seated and I'm sorry but you do not sit at a motorhead show!!!! lol I'm currently wanting to book to see Dave Gorman but I'm unsure if I have the dosh lol!
I think thats all for now unless you want to know that I've been driving for nearly 2 years now, my car is a peugeot 306 automatic and passed my test with only 2 faults (real proud of that one lol!) Nick hasn't started driving yet and he vows to beat my 2 fault lead lol! I said we'll see lol!
Oh yes and also a drummer in a band with Nick and my parents though, I don't think my mum should be in it lol! She gets her mits in everything!!!! My dad used to be in a band called witchfynde in the 70's poss 80's and toured with bands such as Def Leppard and Thin Lizzy, he was voted the 2cd best bass player behind Geddy Lee on Rush's forum!

Ooo, I feel like a voyeur reading everyone's stories. Very interesting. Guess I'll give it a go.

For those versed in the MBTI, I am an INTJ to the bone. I don't like my real name, so I go by Serious McCoy online. Even my strangest friends have said I am the weirdest person they have met, and I don't take this entirely as an insult. I come across as serious (duh...), but I'm really a gigantic geek. I suppose it's notable that I have a very significant learning disability, which, although it's left one side of my brain impaired, boosted the other one up. Specifically, I can't do a thing with numbers or mathematic reasoning. Spatial reasoning was extremely difficult as well, though I've had to push past it as well as I can because I draw. It still took me probably four years to master even basic perspective, and sometimes, I still draw out a scene, step back, realize it makes no logical sense and wonder "How on Earth did that make sense to me?" At 16, when I was diagnosed, I had a 5th grade comprehension level in mathematics- at 21, it's no better. However, in 5th grade, I had college level comprehension in language and related areas, and it's only gotten better. The two extremes balance each other out. It's probably not a surprise that I spend a lot of my time writing or illustrating. It probably is a surprise that I love science with a passion. I can't memorize my own phone number or read a traditional clock, however. Never ask me the time.

Probably understandably, school has been a huge struggle in my life. Because I've always done well in other areas, people are quick to assume I'm "not trying hard enough." Learning disabilities are easy for people to ignore and write off. In highschool, I got away from this by going to school online. I'm slowly letting go of my pursuit of a psychology degree because I understand it's just unfair and unrealistic to expect myself to complete the level of math that's required for it. I'm unable to even pass the most basic, non-credit courses at my college. Instead, I'm thinking of just going with what I know I naturally can do- the arts. I think I will be happier there. I'm keeping all of my psych notes and texts anyway because I still love the subject, but currently, I'm compiling my portfolio in hopes of getting a scholarship somewhere.

I confine most of my socializing online. It's not because I dislike people or I'm socially crippled- not at all- it's just that I don't like taking the time to "hang out." I'm constantly creating something or learning something. I have a gazillion creative projects going on at any given time, and I like the option to be able to read something, draw, listen to music, and have a conversation at the same time. Doing this face-to-face would probably leave someone feeling insulted (heh! Oops). Last summer, I spent my time learning physics, nutrition and how to tweak and mod my videogames, on top of the usual writing and drawing. This summer, I'm learning better cooking, exercising and breaking out the powertools with some beginning carpentry and handiness in general, again on top of the usual activities. I learn as much as I can because I want to be totally self-sufficient.

I've moved most of my life, rarely living anywhere more than three years at a time, and I'm going to be moving from this state again soon. Don't know to where yet. Despite having to constantly pick up my roots and move them elsewhere, my pets are always with me. Every animal I have is adopted- my dog, my two cats, and my rabbit. ...okay, the fish aren't adopted, but it's hard to adopt a fish, although I have been a bit of a betta kleptomaniac when I felt they weren't being cared for. I have a 55g tank and a 29g tank, both of which I spend a lot of time fiddling with their tech, since they're planted and I like things to fiddle with. Besides fiddles. Terrible musician- it's that brain thing again. I stand my ground by my ethics, and I walk my talk, but I'm not an extremist. I'm a vegetarian that cooks really freaking good tofu. I swear. It really is.

Hey serious, my little boy has a learning disability too he is dyspraxic which makes things very hard for him and he cant really hold his pen properly or write, but also has talents elsewhere. He has an amazing memory and amazing hearing lol.
he is still very young and so is getting lots of help at school but co ordination and understanding of many things are a struggle for him. He is also extremely sensitive and tempremental, but his brother is also so am unsure if that is a family trait or related to his disability, perhaps both :)
Sounds silly but i love hearing about others difficulties as i am so very curious about how they manage their lives etc and find it so enspiring to see the amazing things people do.

Hello :). Im Samantha and I am 21. I have quite a large zoo of very spoiled animals. I am a musician and grew up with a guitar in my hand. I can also play the pianio, violin, drums, and bass. I have been in a couple different bands and really enjoyed it. Right now im on a break from the performing world. But I hope to return real soon!

I love to paint/draw as well. I do it mainly just to keep my head even. But I have had a few people pay me to paint murals on bedroom walls.

I grew up on a large farm until I was 15 and my parents got divorced. Then my mom and I moved to a apartment in the city. It wasent a bad thing though because I was made fun of so bad at my old school for being quiet. I found these "city kids" to be much more accepting. And I found solace in the group of "gothic" kids.

I have an older half brother and older half sister. Alot older. My brother is 31 and my sister is 27. We get along pretty good for the most part. I also have two nephews (my sisters) and a neice (my brothers). Who I love very very much.

I suffer from OCD and social anxiety disorder. You would wonder why a girl who suffers from social anxiety can perform on stage? Because im not bad in big crowds and those bright lights make it near impossible to make out others faces. Its in small situations like class or house parties that I panic and can't handle myself. I also suffer from Post Tramatic Stress Syndrome.

But I am on medication for that and therapy which is helping.

I was engaged to a wonderful guy named Jesse. He was my best friend and first guy I ever really loved. But January 2nd Jesse lost his battle with Leukemia. It breaks my heart everyday.Its really too hard too talk about too much.

I LOVE movies, music (we already covered that), and tv. But not in obsessive sit in front of it, all day kind of a thing ;). I can just really appreciate a good unique story line. I LOVE indie movies and tv shows from other countries.

I also LOVE to read and am constantly on the hunt for a new book. I can get through a big book in less than 24 hours if im really really into it.

I try not to judge or jump to conclusions about people. I had it happen so much to me as a teenager and I just know how unfair it is.

My style is kinda retro/random lol. Im all about jean shorts with colorful tights underneath. I have hundreds of band tshirts and movie tshirts as well. I love jeans and tshirts. But I also love long hippy skirts or dresses. Im not girly girly though. I have 15 pairs of Converse All Stars of different colors and models. I also have multiple different colored pairs of sandles for the summer time.I like to paint my nails colors like lime green, teal blue, and black. And sometimes I paint every other one a different color.

So in short im a random friendly person who loves the chance to make someone laugh or smile.

Samantha, my fiance was named jesse too. i know what its like to loose someone, i think its harder knowing thier going to die though than when its not foreseen. my best friend died of leukimia as well a few months ago...fought for a few years.

Ok so I am not sure if I posted in here so here we go.

Hi my name is Kat I am horrible at spelling as some know. I own one dog Phoenix One kitten Boss and one Rabbit the love of my life Storm. I am married my husband is MR. PBJ. He gets on once in a blue moon to see whats going on and learn something new to take care of Storm mainly for information.

I work in the pawn bussiness. But I am a vet tech by perfession no work right now in my area. I dont have much out of class experience. As I only worked for the humaine society for 3 months so I know what I know and know what books have taught me. I have my Bar tending lisense for the state of texas TABC. I live in galveston so its party town need extra money go work for a bar for cash.

I pets are my life I want to have kids but not ready yet. I never graduated highschool but got into comunity college anyway for vet tech. I was adopted at 10 so I am white and my mother and family are black the only reason I tell everyone this is I get PM all the time asking why my neices are so dark or of that isEJ's family.

We live in a apartment but are looking to buy a house in the next five years. I foster for the galveston humaine society mainly cats but I do take dogs every once and while. They dont get but mabye one or two rabbits a month so they dont stay every long.

I dream is to run a pit bull and chi rescue one day and to be able to havea bunny rescue also. I pets are very well taken care of and I love them to death. Me and my hubby have been together three years and are getting married in sept.

I am into taking phoenix for a bike run. Going to the moving playing put put golf into video games. I still love going to chuck e cheese yes I am still a huge kid. Up until I got adopted I had to take care of my mother so I never really had a young child hood well now I do what I want to a extenst. I am very fun I love doing things that are fun going to the mall. I am a 21 year old kid and proud of it. while my friends call me imature I say I am still living life. They have fun with me to. I spend my time at home at or near the pool or beach. I would rather sun burn then sit in a/c.

I want to live life then settle down. I have never owned a lap top or expensive furniture. But I have fun with my pets and with life. Well I will be the owner of alap top but just so I can get on the internet on the road. I love things I am not materialist a pair of dollor store flip flops make me happy.

My husbandis the same way we play with bubbles for goodness sakes. and have fun no I am not metally challenged I just want to live my life the way I want. Having fun and we want to go to disney world.

I hope I dont scare people away but I am all about fun letme be serious when I am old and have kids

KAT - im 43 and just love playing with bubbles:) after what i've been thru i believe in living my life on my terms and enjoying it. you go girl!

anyhew - in case i havent posted in this thread before, im married with two teenagers, two choclate labradors, two otter rexes and 3 fish.

just love reading, sewing, quilting patchwork, crochet, tatting - well anything crafty. i also like cooking and baking. with two dogs and occasional dog sitting i do a lot of walking. wont bore you with housework so skip to reading:D had better mention that im an adult leader with girlguiding too.

sporting-wise it's tabletennis as my knees cant cope with badminton anymore. do play against son ever so often:nerves1 takes me ages to get ready what with all the strapping tho'

[align=left]My name is Alicia but I am often called Ali, though on the net I have been know by alot of other names Mostly Jade or Jade Icing. I grew up in Springfield, MA and now live in CT. I am 26 going on 27 this year. I have been married since 2005. My husbands name is Robert. We live in an apartment with our 14 pets and 2 foster bunny. Also going to be pet sitting as of Sunday for 4mnths. Though they are more like our kids. No we don't have any kids and don't plan on it yet.

Something I wrote about me...

I am me and I am proud. I can be fun. I can be short tempered. I tend to say what I think and others be darned. I flirt and don't care what others think.

I am me and I am shy. I can pretend to be out there. I tend to put on a show and eventually let people see all of me. If they don't it's because I just don't feel it is the right thing for me. I can be a clown.

I am me and I am a control freak. I have to be in control. I don't like things changing from what I have planned. I bounce back and run with it. I plan things down to the smallest detail.

I am me and I am self concious. I know that I am not ugly but I don't think I am that great to look at. I know that certain things about me are very attractive. Then there are others that just eww. I am a plain girl.

I am me and I am a dare devil. I love to push my limits. If it scares me I have to do it. I don't think of getting hurt. I just love the thrill.

By Alicia P

I love my life, it can be crazy and yes it has been scary at times but we have come through. We love each other even though we can drive each other insane. Honestly couples that say they never fight...Those just don't exist. It is someone trying to cover something up.

I have seen and been through some horrible things in my life. I often say "Look at it this way, it could be worse." I honestly believe that. I watched what I thought to be just a fight turn out to be murder. No more than 10 steps away. So yea it can be worse. I was hit by a car, the only thing that saved my life was a snowbank. Other wise I would have hit the curb with my neck. So yea it could be worse.

Want to know about me? Than ask. Heard something? Ask. Want the truth? Ask. I don't hide things about myself, I just don't offer it all.

Somethings else about me...

The Evolution of Who I am

An Only Child Wanting

A Sibling

A Big SisterTo A Miracle Little Brother

A Scared Girl In A Loud House

A Child Sent To Live With Grandma

A Child Of Divorce

A Child Of A Blended Family

A Big Sister To New Brothers and Sisters

A Young Lady Who Almost Lost Her Life

A Young Lady On The Verge of Womanhood

A Young Woman With Strong Beliefs

A Young Woman Unsure Of Her Future

A Young Woman Who Witnessed A Murder

A Young Woman Determined To Move Forward

A Woman Becoming A Wife

A Woman Who Found A Passion

A Woman On A Mission

Only The Future Can Reveal The Next Evolution Of Who I Am

I am a gaming fanatic. Comic book geek, who can be comfy in t-shirts but who also loves to dress with the best of them. I am not a neat freak but things do have to be in a certain way. I am an organized nut.

[/align]

JadeIcing wrote:
[align=left]My name is Alicia but I am often called Ali, though on the net I have been know by alot of other names Mostly Jade or Jade Icing. I grew up in Springfield, MA and now live in CT. I am 26 going on 27 this year. I have been married since 2005. My husbands name is Robert. We live in an apartment with our 14 pets and 2 foster bunny. Also going to be pet sitting as of Sunday for 4mnths. Though they are more like our kids. No we don't have any kids and don't plan on it yet.

Something I wrote about me...

I am me and I am proud. I can be fun. I can be short tempered. I tend to say what I think and others be darned. I flirt and don't care what others think.

I am me and I am shy. I can pretend to be out there. I tend to put on a show and eventually let people see all of me. If they don't it's because I just don't feel it is the right thing for me. I can be a clown.

I am me and I am a control freak. I have to be in control. I don't like things changing from what I have planned. I bounce back and run with it. I plan things down to the smallest detail.

I am me and I am self concious. I know that I am not ugly but I don't think I am that great to look at. I know that certain things about me are very attractive. Then there are others that just eww. I am a plain girl.

I am me and I am a dare devil. I love to push my limits. If it scares me I have to do it. I don't think of getting hurt. I just love the thrill.

By Alicia P

I love my life, it can be crazy and yes it has been scary at times but we have come through. We love each other even though we can drive each other insane. Honestly couples that say they never fight...Those just don't exist. It is someone trying to cover something up.

I have seen and been through some horrible things in my life. I often say "Look at it this way, it could be worse." I honestly believe that. I watched what I thought to be just a fight turn out to be murder. No more than 10 steps away. So yea it can be worse. I was hit by a car, the only thing that saved my life was a snowbank. Other wise I would have hit the curb with my neck. So yea it could be worse.

Want to know about me? Than ask. Heard something? Ask. Want the truth? Ask. I don't hide things about myself, I just don't offer it all.

Somethings else about me...

The Evolution of Who I am

An Only Child Wanting

A Sibling

A Big SisterTo A Miracle Little Brother

A Scared Girl In A Loud House

A Child Sent To Live With Grandma

A Child Of Divorce

A Child Of A Blended Family

A Big Sister To New Brothers and Sisters

A Young Lady Who Almost Lost Her Life

A Young Lady On The Verge of Womanhood

A Young Woman With Strong Beliefs

A Young Woman Unsure Of Her Future

A Young Woman Who Witnessed A Murder

A Young Woman Determined To Move Forward

A Woman Becoming A Wife

A Woman Who Found A Passion

A Woman On A Mission

Only The Future Can Reveal The Next Evolution Of Who I Am

I am a gaming fanatic. Comic book geek, who can be comfy in t-shirts but who also loves to dress with the best of them. I am not a neat freak but things do have to be in a certain way. I am an organized nut.

[/align]
We so have to meet. I think we would have a blast together.

I thought you where so much older to. In your 40's not because of pictures just thougt you where

JadeIcing wrote:
Mrs. PBJ wrote:
We so have to meet. I think we would have a blast together.

I thought you where so much older to. In your 40's not because of pictures just thougt you where
Why thank you! :biggrin2:
Ok so somewhere in the middle. we can go party without man let the men works on cars or something. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back