RO Members Introduce Themselves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peppa and georgie wrote:
What is an INTJ??????
An INTJ is one of the personality types as outlined in the MBTI. I know "personality types" automatically brings to mind things like astrology, but I tend to find MBTI to be a lot more accurate and useful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

We INTJ folk are kind of notorious, even though there apparently aren't many of us. :p Read enough stereotyping and we end up sounding like robots or mad scientists. Which is only true some of the time, of course.

I've read about dyspraxia... it sounds like a great struggle. Continuing education with learning disabilities is extremely difficult, I realized, because you have to become your own advocate- at least in my state, college professors can choose whether or not to accomodate certain things about learning disabilities, especially the lesser known ones. I found dyslexic people getting loads of more help than I did, simply because more people have heard of dyslexia. Not even the learning disabilities department at my college would hear me out- the attitude was "Oh, I had a hard time in math too, you just need to find the right teacher," and that was that. I was not prepared for that total lack of understanding... so I'm just telling you now, though you might already know. Still, despite being the "dumb kid" in all of my math classes, I got literally straight A's in everything else, president's honor list when I had semesters without math, etc... a successful adult life is completely doable with learning disabilities. Sure, I can't do my times tables. But there's a lot I can do. And there's a lot your son will be and is able to do, too, I'm sure! It gets discouraging living with this sometimes, but don't let it get you, or him, down. I think it builds a stronger individual to have to go through these things.

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Mrs. PBJ wrote:
We so have to meet. I think we would have a blast together.

I thought you where so much older to. In your 40's not because of pictures just thougt you where
Why thank you! :biggrin2:
Ok so somewhere in the middle. we can go party without man let the men works on cars or something. :biggrin2:
:coolness:

I'm Morgan and im 16. I live in Washington and i've lived here my whole life.

I have 12 siblings. You may not believe me but its true :) I have 5 blood related siblings and 7 step siblings, but just because we are not blood related does not mean i dont count them as my true siblings. 1 sister, Bailey. 2 half-sisters, Tisha and Carmen. 2 half-brothers, Quincy and Xavier. 6 step-brothers and 1 step sister. Although my Dad did just divorce my step-mother this year and 1 step brother and step sister and her children even though im still very close to them and consider them my siblings. My siblings range from 4 years old (Xavier) to 34 years old. I am closes to my sister Bailey, my brother Xavier, but mostly my sister Tisha because we're so alike. I also have three nieces and two nephews. Im closes to my nieces Bree and Mia because i see them the most, seeing as they are Tishas daughters.

I have one rabbit a lionhead named Evie who is one year old. An evil Chiuhuahua (sp?) Koby who is three years old. A guinea pig named Abi who is about 3 or 4 years old. Last but not least i have two rats Sophie and Baby, they are both under a year old.

For now thats all i really feel comfortable sharing, theres a lot of things that have gone on in my life that i still havent come to terms with and cant talk about but someday maybe i'll share.

Well here goes...
My name is Janet. I have 4 beautiful children, 3 boys and 1 baby girl. I also have a wonderful fiance'. I live with my family as of right now because we got hit hard with job loss and are struggling. Plus we help out with my elderly grandmother.
I am an at home mom who adores my children although at times they make that difficult. Lol. My youngest son is in the beginning stages of being tested for Aspberger's Syndrome. This is taking it's toll on my nerves and emotions. It isn't easy for any of us. I especially feel for him. It isn't a good feeling when you feel helpless to do anything for your child.
I have suffered with depression for as long as I can remember. It got really bad when I was with my ex husband. He was a very belittling person and very, very cold. Thankfully I got up the nerve to leave after being emotionally battered for 7 years. In leaving him I learned so much and to this day I am thankful for the experience although I still can't stand him. Lol. But he did make it easier for me to appreciate the man I have in my life now. In a way he has made my relationship now much better and more rewarding.
I had my 2 oldest children by the time I was 19. If I had it to do over I wish I could have had the same children years later so I would have been a better mom in their younger years. Many, many mistakes I made with them that I can't undo. They weren't abused or neglected in a physical way but looking back I know they did suffer somewhat in the emotional side. I wasn't very vocal or demonstrative in my love to them. That is a major regret. They know it now but the past can't be rewound.
My parents have been great as I have gotten older. They love my children and treat them so well. When I was little they weren't really prepared for children so they weren't always 'there' for us (myself, brother, and sister). They more than make that up now with our children.
My grandmother and I have a very strained relationship. We have for quite some time. She has made many remarks and done many things that have scarred me and I have a hard time letting go when it continues even after she apologizes. I know she loves me in her own way or would like to think she does but at times it is really hard to feel that way. Still I am here and help with her care. Even that is hard at times.
I have had some rough times in the past and am sure there will be more in my future but I do know this- God never gives us more than we can handle. I say this alot these days with my sons problems and know one day I will look back and see this stepping stone that I have crossed. I am a christian in a sense. I don't attend church but I believe wholeheartedly in God and thank him everyday for my blessings (my children, my man, and my family- and of course Tony). I can make it through all the bad times because of these blessings.

Hi everyone! :) My name is April. I just got married in June 2009. This is my 2nd marriage. My first marriage isn't worth talking about. He was very, very abusive. The only thing good that came from it was my 2 beautiful kids, Chelsi (18) and Matthew II(16). I also have 2 younger kids from my now husband, Billy. Alexis, 5 and Austin 3. All my kids are beautiful!!:) I've been with Billy since "2000", we met at Delphi. We worked together.

We have 3 dogs. Precious, Baby and Morgan. And we have 2 bunnies. Daisy and Rascal. Sunday we are getting our third bunny, Emmy. I'm so excited. :biggrin2:

My husband is a CNC machinist and I'm a stay at home mom. I love my kids, they mean the world to me!! I do suffer from depression and anxiety. So life is overwhelming for me. I've been in counseling for years. Many years. I see a psychatrist, and counselor and then I go to another counselor with my husband. Unfortunately my 2 daughters have some problems too. My oldest daughter has depression and my 5 year old has severe anxiety. My oldest doesn't have insurance so she can't afford her med's now, but my little girl is on 3 kinds of med's for her anxiety. I also have to put her back in counseling again. I feel bad for my girlscause they have to go thru this. ALSO....My son, Matthew is diabetic. He has to use insulin. So I worry about him too. He's very independent. He doesn't want help. So... I worry. I have to stay on top of his health and appts.

My little girl is starting kindergarten. :)She is so excited. I'm hoping to go to college in the future. Not sure when but hoping in a year or so.......

Hey, I'm Melissa, and I'll be 22 in October.

I love anything and everything that has to do with stories.

I used to be really into writing. I could wake up in the morning and spend all day until I fell asleep writing. Now, I was never very good, but you know what they say, practice makes perfect. I still watch movies or read a book and I'll slowly trail off from paying attention as I get a spark of inspiration. Really, I like to plan stories more than write them now. Figure out what happens from point A to point Z is the hard part, I like making beginnings and endings. If all of my characters would just magic their way into the story, that would be great. I've had massive writer's block since I went to college.

Speaking of college, I went to Grant MacEwan in Edmonton for the Bachelor of Applied Communications in Professional Writing. It's a big long name that basically means more technical writing, used more for a professional area like newspapers and such. Away from the fancy pretty novelists. I hated it. I had originally gone with the idea of eventually trying to be an editor, but it became clear as I went along that I didn't want to edit things. So now I have no idea what I want to do and I'm terrified to go back to college to try something else because I don't want to waste the money again. It's great.

I've competed in NaNoWriMo four times, won twice, this year will be my fifth. I hope to win it this time around. I always get fairly close 30-40000 words. NaNoWriMo, for those who don't know, means National Novel Writing Month. You start off fresh in November and you write a 50000 word story in that month. It's about 1667 words a day. I can type about 1000 words of a story in less than half an hour, so really it's only procrastinating that stops me. You 'win' by completing the 50000 words by the end of the month. Speaking of which, I should really be thinking of ideas for this year. Or maybe I'll just go randomly writing. Plans tend to make me bored with the idea long before I write it!

As I do love stories, I also love gaming. I mostly play RPGs (role-playing games) I tend to lean towards the more traditional ones, the ones where you have a party and fight random monsters and defeat a certain evil out to destroy the world. I like various others too. My favourite game series is Harvest Moon, with the silly Pokemon games probably second to that. (what? I've been playing them since I was 11!) My favourite game of all time is Okami for the Playstation 2. I'm pretty sure there's nothing they could ever do to make that game any better. It had amazing graphics, amazing characters, a fighting style I didn't want to smash my controller to the ground while playing and such a beautiful style. I got a little teary eyed at the end. I just play it over and over again now. I'll never get bored! Other games I rank fairly highly include Tales of Symphonia, Kingdom Hearts 1, The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy 9. If you haven't been able to tell, I really like J-RPGs. (Japanese role-playing games)

I also play the occasional MMO. Mostly World of Warcraft where I was an officer of a small raiding guild called Lux on Proudmoore. I don't play so much anymore, but I probably would start up again in a heartbeat if I could play with my core group and had working internet.

My favourite pet is the cat. Cats are ridiculous. They have a million different ways of demanding you get up off the couch and love them. Different purrs all mean different things, different meows, they'll have different faces, they'll poke or rub. I look at my cat and I know exactly what she wants and why. Dogs just aren't as capable of communication I find. A dog lets out a giant whine and there could be a long list of reasons that you have to piece together. Did they see a mouse? Was someone walking their dog down the road? Did a motorcycle go by? Is it time for food? Did a fly fall under the couch? With cats, they tell you exactly what they want when they want. They're the boss and they know it! They're much more willing to just sit there with you and watch a movie, or take a nap, they like to hug and sleep under the blankets. I'll often wake up in the middle of the night to find my cat has squished herself into my arms.

It's not to say I don't love my other animals. But my adorable kitty will always be my number one. Not that you'd know if with this horrible heat we've been having, she's sitting as far away as possible and under the fan.

Hi my is Rebecca or Becka.

I've been on Ro for just over a year now. I'm 28 years old and the only active Saskatchewan member here :) I've had rabbits for about 12 years.

I work full-time in the fast food industry. I've been with company for 10 years this Sept. Some days I feel it's time for a new one but I'm afraid to leave as I know I will always get my full-time hours that I need to continue to live and support my hobby the bunnies :)

I like some other people enjoy talking to friends and Ro friends on MSN/YIM/AIM.

Ummm No idea what else to say.

Hiya I'm Becca :) I'm not new here but there are new members so :D

I'm 14 years old and I live in the UK.
I'm just going into year 10 and I have chosen Drama, Art, German & History as my GCSE subjects.
I am in love with Michael Jackson - I think he is the best person to have graced our world and I will miss and love him forever :cry2

I find the company of adults better, I like talking to them more because most adults do not judge. They do not stereotype, I hate stereotyping and racism. I get so angry when people do either of those things! Usually end up in a full blown argument with my mum about it!

When I'm older I am going to go to Jamaica, I have always said that everyone in my family thinks I'm strange and that I won't end up going but I am going. I love the colourfullness, the way they speak and the culture.
I also want a VW Camper.... a crazy coloured one.
My family always ask me where I come from because I'm nothing like any of them!!

Theres one person in my life right now that is making me very happy. Not a boyfriend, just someone who knows me. That treats me good, that I can trust with anything.

I have 4 rabbits, Chester, Dippy, Fluffball & Benjamin. I love them all very very much and they are all incredibly cute!
I also have a gorgeous gerbil, Pip who is 3 1/2 years old!! She isn't very well at the moment :(

I'm addicted to facebook, michael jackson and biscuits!
Pasta makes me hyper and I my Michael Jackson collection is too big but I love it :D

Becca x

Latest posts

Back