RIP-Wilbur Is At The Emergency Hospital

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please pull through Wilbur!! I'm so sorry your handsome boy is sick. I'm glad you posted that picture. I was going to go through my photobucket and look for it. Give Mel a big hug for me. She must be so distressed that Wilbur isn't there with her.

Please update us when you have time. I won't be able to stop checking the board until I hear. {{{HUGS}}}

Wilbur passed away at the ER vet. He was given a mild anesthesia so they could take x-rays, do bloodwork and get some nasal swabs and possibly do a scan. The nasal swabs and head x-rays showed something surprising - the problem was not upper respiratory, not dentaland his sinuses were completely clear.

The x-rays and scan revealed the problem - severe congestive heart failure. His lungs were full of fluid and his heart was surrounded by fluid. The vet said when she saw him for his exam, she never would have guessed he had a heart issue.He simply didn't present like a bunny with heart failure. Sadly, Wilbur never woke up from the anesthesia and just went gently to sleep. I brought his body home so I can take him to the crematorium tomorrow.

Wilbur never exhibited a sign of heart failure here at home or to the vets. Apparently he had some narrowing of a heart artery also.He was fine Friday - came running for his food and gobbled his salad like always. He was fine Saturday until dinner time. It's amazing what these guys can hide. The only odd thing I have noticed in the past 2 weeks is that Melody seemed to be ignoring Wil from time to time and giving more attention to Ali.

Rest in Peace little Wilbur. I know he had a good life here and he accomplished the impossible by 'taming the shrew', the supposedly evil, unbondable Dr. Melody Frankenbunny. Melody and Wilbur bonded themselves, breaking down the panels on his pen so they could be together. They have been best friends for years. I will greatly miss gentle, sweet little Wilbur Igor Rex, faithful laboratory assistant to mad scientistDr. Melody Frankenbunny, as well as, her first boy toy.

PS Patti, the pic of you and Wilbur together is so precious. It is indeed my favorite of Wil.

Oh my goodness, Ann. :sad:I'm so sorry. My first bun had congestive heart failure too. I can't believe Wilbur didn't have any signs, how scarey:(.

Rest in peace Wilbur:rainbow:

My heart sank when I saw the title was changed to RIP.

He was so gorgeous and I know he was a true sweetheart.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :bigtears:

Ann, I'm crying so hard for you and Melody. Wilbur was the sweetest little boy - he tamed the mightly Mel. I feel so bad for my soft gray girl - she has lost so many of her friends. I know that Wilbur was special to both of you.

I don't know what else to say - I can barely see the monitor through my tears. {{HUGS}} to Wilbur's entire family.

I am so sorry Seniorcats. :(

Thank-you for letting us know how he gently went to sleep. Poor baby left us too soon.

Binky free Wilbur. :pink iris:

Back