RIP: Bunny Found Dumped Outside Petsmart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new picture of Lavi the other day. He's now in a bigger cage, although he's not sure what to do with himself in it(He DID flip it over the first time I was out of the house and at work...). He's been letting me hold him on my lap to pet him, but he only tolerates it for so long.

We think his hormones have started to kick in... Which is good timing(though he could have waited), he gets snipped Thursday thanks to a bunch of people chipping in. :D

2vmc4k3.jpg

neutering on monday, just got the msg, and the site didn't send me a msg that this was updated lol sry. other wise i would have been all over the posts lol

also, my boyfriend wants to go to his parents in Brantford. is he gonna be with you or in Toronto? cause Toronto is on the way there any ways, i can pick him up on the way.

the room mate is giving us a ride to Toronto then his parents are going to pick us up there and bring us to Brantford. this will make things so much easier for transport ^_^

Depends when it would be! Lavi will either stay at Chelle's for a couple days after the neuter(because I have no experience with that) or he'd come back here. When would you guys be coming down?

Ahhh! I forgot to ask Chelle when she was here... But Lavi is off to her place! He's apparently a little bit freaked out, don't blame him... Then he gets snipped on Monday. |D

thats ok, i'll just ask her through e-mail in the morning.

yea i don't blame him for freaking out. especially if he does not like being handled. as well, do you know if i bring my own carrier? i know it's prolly a stupid question lol but i went with my aunt to pick up a pet before and they had a sort of make-shift container at the place. i dunno how Chelle's place works, or even if they would have a carrier big enough for him (since the site says she's got mostly critters like gerbils and such). and then i went with my older sister and they had nothing at all at another place and she had to sort of walk down the street with it squirming in her arms. i just don't wanna get there and it's along the lines of "well i brought one carrier and have no room for the second" or even worse "i didn't bring a carrier at all" and he ends up all over the car lol
i'd put him in with Dante, but they're not bonded and i don't know how they'll react to each other...

Oh, he likes being pet and stuff like that, just doesn't like the actual 'picking him up' part. He occasionally jumps onto my lap, sits there for a minute, and then goes off to do his thing. Once you've got him on your lap and have him calm and relaxed, he'll co-operate until he's had enough. But he loves being pet; he shoves his head into peoples hands, LOL.

You'd probably have to do bunny intros. But groups of three rabbits are VERY hard to intro, so someone is probably going to take to someone else and then there will be the third wheel left out, so you just have to be prepared for that.

I don't think we've got a makeshift carrier for him, but a small cat carrier works, if you've got one for your rabbit. Chelle had him in one when she picked him up today and he was okay in it.

i usually don't put him in a carrier. he likes being held while going down the street and stuff (with a harness and leash of course). he actually gets rather nuts in a carrier, so i don't really bother. i can make one though with coroplast and nic cubes. that or if i can get my hands on a cheaper one around here then i'll use that. i couldn't believe it when i went to go look at one in the pet store here and the smallest one they want about $60 for it!! i'll be trying kijiji and hoping i don't get ripped off lol

ok i need to know whats going on. i can't get a hold of the woman and the number is unavailable. it's either i come and pick him up soon, or i won't be able to at all, but i can't seem to get in touch with the woman at all. i sent a msg to her about a week ago asking when to come get the bun and she has not replied.

Sorry, I don't know why Chelle hasn't responded. She might not have received the emails...

Lavi was supposed to be neutered on on Monday but we found out last minute that the vet at the clinic that was supposed to be neutering him(and Chelles personal bunny) just up and left the clinic with no warning. We've gone to another clinic that Chelles aunt suggested(she volunteers with rabbitrescue) but the soonest they can neuter him is August 11th. For the time being, he's staying at Chelles.

I'm sorry, I thought Chelle had been emailing you updates and stuff. :( We're pretty pissed off about the neuter thing because this is the third time we've had to put it off and change the date.

she said there was a problem with the vet and had to switch the vet and changed the neutering date... again. the ppl in the house are getting annoying, bring up the prospect of it maybe being a scam :pullhair:

It's not a scam. :\ I honestly did find this rabbit outside where I work, and I'm honestly trying to find him a home. We've just had awful luck with it because of postponed neuters, Chelles accident, etc.

Back