Resolved: Standard rex mix trio- Sheboygan WI

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing as of yet. I haven't been to the shelter since Friday and I didn't get any calls.

And I don't know if we ever mentioned their names?
Lucy, Freddy and Emmy.

Here's a couple more pictures.

Freddy:
P6197709.jpg

P6197723.jpg

Emmy:
P6197682.jpg

Lucy:
P6197683.jpg

This is Lucy. I have a video of her. She can hop around a little but this video shows it at it's worse and how she can really struggle. :( She doesn't always have to drag around like that though. I should get a better video of them hopping around.

You can also see how she's really sweet and doesn't mind me petting her. :)

My heart is breaking. We have our hands and available care funds allotted (set aside so as not to overdo our responsibility) for the ones in our sanctuary home already. And our existing foster responsibilities. Deaf boy Fuzzywig, Andrew Allen, Hayley, Jerry... I hear you pla725.

Still, I hold hope that the shelter will not terminate this trio. JadeIcing and all in the special network of less-perfect sweet buns walk the same "angel-helper" path.

** What of the other five who came in? Easter cast-offs, allergies, no longer wanted?

Boz, and Angela, I can only hope they are given more time. Not destroyed.

A forever-loving special home will be found,

Not to sound silly, but your involved with Soulmate right? I wasn't quiet sure! And thank you for your help. :)

One of them that came in the kids didn't want to take care of anymore. She's 2 and a half and really friendly.

The other four were left in boxes at the front door over night. When I went there Friday they just came in so they were still shook up, but for the most part nice. Two of them I clipped their nails and when I went in to pick them up they let me and didn't try to jump out of my hands.

Now were up to 12 rabbits. Once again, we are getting in more then being able to adopt out. :(

I really hope someone will see the enormous value of a ready-made trio. No bonding work involved, which is such a relief in the first place.

I am so glad to see thatLucy is stillable to sit up with a nice posture and able to move around.It would be good for her to get into a home atmosphere to prevent any more deterioration of her hind muscles.

I wish I had the room to take them all....Mmmmm....Trio'sRock!!!!

Naturestee knows that I owe her one (or two)in the transportation department.... ;)

myheart

I know! Now that I have Domino, Dolla and Louie together, they are so funny! I really need to get a video of them when I'm about to feed them. They are hilarious!

Lucy and all of them are able to hold herself up and eat quiet well! They eat like little piggies! The only thing is is that Lucy will often times sit on her front legs weird. It's like she uses her shoulders more to hold herself up or something. It's hard to explain. I might have a picture.

EDIT
Here's a picture.
P6117610.jpg

See how it looks a little funny?

Have you been asking around at the Humane Societies? Ours is really empty of bunnies--all adopted out lately. I know they might still be PTS for medical reasons in a Humane Society situation (as opposed to a rescue situation), but maybe Dane County could take some of the other bunnies from an overcrowded shelter and allow these guys a bit more time in Sheboygan?

We did have to do that last time. We had around 20 bunnies and as soon as we got adoptions, more came in. We finally got some adoptions and transferred several and were down to 5. Now we keep getting more.

I don't know what we have to do to transfer (just a volunteer and I am still learning :)) but I think the big thing is finding someone to transfer them but I don't know! I think Angela would know more about this sort of stuff then me. lol Hopefully she'll be able to get on today!

Lately when we're overcrowded with rabbits, Chilton has been taking them. The shelter admin and another person took the shelter van, filled it with bunners, and drove them over themselves. There are several other nearby shelters that sometimes take rabbits from us, especially since we tend to help them with dogs.

I don't know if they'd do that yet. The thing is, these girls are so very unadoptable. I just don't know. I'll talk to them about contacting the HRS, but we tend not to get answers from them.

Yeah, I doubt they'd take them here to adopt out. I'm just a volunteer too, I don't do any of the transfers, but I heard my supervisor who does do the transfers talking about checking other ones in the area to see if they're full. Sheboygan's pretty far, though, isn't it? If you mention to your supervisor that Madison's pretty empty (like 5 bunnies when we can handle 25) she might contact us? I'm guessing we could take some of the more adoptable ones to free up some room for this group to have a little more time to find a very special home.

edit: I'm surprised you don't get answers from HRS. They've been really empty but are about to get around 20 from a seizure/abuse/cruelty thing we just had here (actually I think it was Columbia County, not sure), as soon as they're all treated for syphillis. Some of the email links are broken on the WiHRS website, I know.

Madison is about 2 and a half hours? It's not real far but not real close!

The five we just got in seem rather nice. Four males and one female. However, it'd be nice to get one of the "original" three into homes. Cadberry is a blue eyed white lionhead mix that came in with Louie and has been there since March. Thumper is an agouti colored boy that came in, got adopted and was brought back because "he was afraid his dog was going to kill him because he kept trying to get out" Well, let me tell you, if you saw the cage (he gave the shelter the cage) he was kept in you'd try to get out all the time too! And then we have Chedder! She's a American Fuzzy Lop with a spunky little attitude but still a little lover! Angela knows more about her. All three have been there awhile and are already spayed/neutered.

Have you contacted Save a Bunny? I know they're really far away, but they're very big on helping bunnies with big problems. What about Christine's Critter Cafe in Muskegon, MI? She's a forum member, I can PM her to alert her to this thread. What about GentleGiants' rescue, or No Splitting Hares?

edit: I PM'd everyone I could think of. Also, I am driving to Ann Arbor-area, MI for the 4th of July weekend and can transport, and they can overnight at my house (on the Madison end of the trip)

Omg thank you so much for your help! You are awesome!
I haven't contacted any place, I don't know about Angela though. I still don't know a lot about this sort of stuff and how it works, if that makes sense. I'm still learning!

Thank you SO much for all your help!

If it would help, I could hold them here until you could pick them up on your way from Madison. I'm on your way along I-94 (literally live 2 minutes South of I-94). I think Will would let me get away with a day or two. :)

I mean, I live between Madison and Sheboygan, so I could have them stay a night or two to prevent a bunch of unnecessary driving. I could even pick them up in Milwaukee or a little North to make the Sheboygan drive easier.

I hope that makes sense! :p

If anyone wants my help, PM me and I can give you my phone number(s). :) Anything for the bunners!

I didnt have time to read through the whole thread but I know Midwest isnt taking any right now.

Are they spayed? If anyone has time, try emailing Donna Kracker with Rabbit and Small Animal Rescue. Heres her site: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MI524.html

She used to be associated with Tiny Paws but has started her own rescue and is really great. She keeps the buns in her basement in larger enclosures and all get fresh veggies, hay etc. I know she offered to take two another RO member but the buns ended up going somewhere else. So if these three are in danger of being pts, she might be the best option.

Another option would be Red Door, has anyone tried them?

I'll check in later. If we need help with transport you guys know Im more than happy to help.

PS. Christine with Crittercafe is overloaded with the 10 bunnies whose ears were cut off so I doubt she is taking any in at the moment.

This is such a horrible time of the year for shelters (the Easter bunny dump season). We are not getting the volume we did this time last year, but it is still straining our resources. We got another call today from the shelter to take a bunny. At least they are going to neuter him for us. With trying to pay off this months $1,600 vet bill, that helps a lot! Really, it's not the money at all - we are just out of foster homes.

Latest posts

Back