RESOLVED: Flemmie girl Colorado Springs, Co

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
Fancy77 wrote:
Autumn U r wayyy 2 funny...LMAO

When hubby does do the binkies I will 4 sure post pics...lol

Peg...I'm saying I want her but cant figure out a way to get her 2 MN. So watch out huni I would have to fight ya for her lol (j/k on the last comment...maybe :) )
If you want her and can give her the type of home she needs - then I'm sure some sort of a bunny train could be set up to help get her to you....I don't know how to do those but I can contact someone who does...
Oh ya I would love to have her, but dunno whats all involved in getting her here and what kinda money I would have to provide for transportation..this aspect of it all I'm clueless to. as for a gud life. I feel I'm a good caretaker to the buns, but I still have a lot to learn, that's why I love this site cuz if I need help ppl r there to assist me.

Denise....Peg just posted and I posted yesterday that is only costs about $213+the cost of a cheap carrier to fly a rabbit and it is super easy to do so.

SweetSassy wrote:
:in tears: Peg, your post was very emotional.
Trust me - I was very emotional when writing it.

I've been talking to Alicia (JadeIcing) a lot lately and one of the things she's helped me realize is that there are times when we shouldn't take another rabbit - even though we may want them. Many times the reason we shouldn't take the rabbit isn't because of THAT rabbit - but because of the needs of the rabbits we currently have...and that we need to think about them first.

I have worked so hard with Zeus to build the bond I wanted (I think we both wanted it) - and I can't promise that this girl can have the same type of life - which is what she really deserves.

People who don't have a bedroom bunny - or a free-roaming bunny - may not "get it". There is just something special about a rabbit that lives with you with no cage between you and them. They often find themselves bonded to you....and while at times they may get angry and destructive and you pay the price for getting them upset by having messed up books, etc - the bond is still there and it is unlike other relationships.

I can't for sure off that to this girl - and I think this is what her current owners want. So ... if someone else can give her a good home - in her best interests - I need to be willing to step aside.

Yeah...its hard. Very hard.

But sometimes - saying "no" - may be the right thing to do.

Mind you - I'm still willing to take her if no one else can....and I can give her a good life. But perhaps someone else can give her a better life...

Well I guess 4 me it boils down to Boolette and I chatting b/cuz we would both need to work things out on the financal end. And who knows maybe for boolette another home placement might b less challenging..idk just thinking out loud

I'm sure we can try to arrange a bunny train too - I just don't know the route between the two locations or how long of a distance it is.

I have driven 36 hours one way with bunnies and they did fine....they were just more tired than the ones I've had flown...

I was looking at the USA map and Peg isn't that far from CO.

I hope one of you guys can get her, sounds like she would have a great home at either place. :)

SweetSassy wrote:
I was looking at the USA map and Peg isn't that far from CO.

I hope one of you guys can get her, sounds like she would have a great home at either place. :)
Um.......its 8 hours just to get out of Texas...let alone Colorado (from where I am) - its 800 miles for us.

I really think that Denise wants her and from our pms - it sounds like she could give her a good home and lots of space and love....

Denise, I personally think your best bet is going to be to fly this girl, if you want her. It is going to be cheaper and less time consuming.

everything seems a bit up in the air till Boolett comes on-line to give her thoughts ya know....

P.S. Amy would u direct me to your site 4 those hammocks u mentioned...thx a bunch!!!

Fancy77 wrote:
everything seems a bit up in the air till Boolett comes on-line to give her thoughts ya know....

P.S. Amy would u direct me to your site 4 those hammocks u mentioned...thx a bunch!!!

It's in her sig.

JadeIcing wrote:
Fancy77 wrote:

It's in her sig.

:thumbup

Wowee! There have been a LOT of posts on here since this morning. I apologize so much for not getting back to everyone sooner, but I had quite a hectic day.

I still have to take some more pictures. I will do that tomorrow for everyone I promise!

Good news! I have found someone right up the road from us who is looking to bond a flemmie girl with her neutered boy bun. He is a free ranging house bun, and she is a member of the house rabbit society. She seemed very knowledgable about bunnies, and I was very impressed. That being said, nothing has been written in stone and we haven't agreed on anything yet as she wants to talk to her hubby and make sure they are BOTH ready for this.

Tinysmom: If I am faced with taking her to a shelter or driving her to Texas, I will drive her to Texas. I talked it over with the hubby and he has no problems with using a weekend to make sure that Aurora is safe and happy.

I don't think that travelling far distances by car with rabbits is really all that bad. We drove all the way from northeast pa with aurora and we just stopped a lot to give her water and made sure that her crate was clean and dry. She did fine. That was a three day trek.

I really appreciate how helpful everyone is being. I know that you all can see how hard this is for me, and you have only seen her pictures. Even those can tell you how sweet and loving this rabbit is. The way she looks at me says it all. She is just absolutely amazing.

Oh! I almost forgot the most important part! We were given two MONTHS to find her a new home. Why? Because we threw a fit over the fact that they told me okay and then turned around and said they made a mistake. So, I am taking my time and sorting through this, and if I have to fly her somewhere or drive her to a new home at least it gives me time to work out the details. Because when things are rushed accidents happen and things are forgotten.

I might not be back until tomorrow night, but I will get more pictures for everyone!
>Kat

Ooh - I hope you can go with the person right up the road as maybe you'd get visiting rights?

I'll be keeping y'all in my prayers and thoughts and I'm so happy you now have more time to make this decision!

That is great news, Boolette! I am with Peg...hopefully you will get visitation rights if she goes to the person up the road. That home sounds really awesome, as well!

I also think it is great that you are able to find the right home from her within 2 months! That buys a lot of time!!

This is very good news, but the person who emailed me about her hasn't responded yet, so I am not going to get my hopes up. She is also a military wife, so she knows what I am going through. She is lucky though, and owns her own house.
I am having doubts that she really wants Aurora though, but it may just be me. I mean it has only been a day. I guess I should give the poor woman some time. lol

Any news?

Latest posts

Back