RESOLVED: Flemmie girl Colorado Springs, Co

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooLette

Reaction score
I sadly have to find a new home for my sandy flemish giant doe. She is pedigreed and was born in March. She is very sweet and loves kids and cats and even dogs. She is just the sweetest little love bug and is even litter trained.

Here is the predicament:

When my husband and I were moving I checked with our landlords to make sure that rabbits were allowed as they had on their web site that exotics weren't permitted. I called them and asked them if they considered rabbits an exotic and if they were allowed. They said small caged animals such as hamsters, guinea pigs, and rabbits were fine. I then told them that my bunny was not small, and they didn't care. Well now they are saying that whoever told me this was not well informed and that the policy changed last year to allow ONLY GUINEA PIGS. So, they told me that she has to be rehomed or they are going to confiscate her and take her to the shelter.

I don't want this to happen, so I want to find her a good home with someone that is knowledgable about rabbits. Hence coming here first. She is not spayed yet, so I will not be asking for a rehoming fee for this reason. Please Help us!

I will post pics of her soon.

I'd love to take her (not for breeding - even though I breed flemmies) - but I'm 800 miles away.

I hope you find a really good home for her there. I can't imagine having to give up a rabbit- especially a flemish giant...(I have 5 flemish and 1 flemish giant mix).

Wow, I'm sorry you have to get rid of your bun to be able to move into this place (especially since they already told you it was okay)

If I were in the same situation I wouldn't move in that place. Just keep looking until I found a place where my pets were as welcome as my money. There are just so many empty rentals I would think places would loosen up a bit on their rules.

luvthempigs wrote:
Wow, I'm sorry you have to get rid of your bun to be able to move into this place (especially since they already told you it was okay)

If I were in the same situation I wouldn't move in that place. Just keep looking until I found a place where my pets were as welcome as my money. There are just so many empty rentals I would think places would loosen up a bit on their rules.

See, this is exactly what I would have done if not for the fact that they told us this after we have been living here for the past three months.

Thank you so much everyone for all of the well wishes. I really hope that I can find her an amazing home, she is just the sweetest rabbit ever. She loves to sleep on the bed with us...:tears2:

Wish us luck, and if anyone thinks they would be able to give her a good home feel free to contact me: [email protected] or pm me.

I am having a hard time loading the pics, but I will get them up asap!

How soon do you have to rehome her? Have they given you a time limit?

If we had someone in the forum who lived far away - would you be willing to ship her to them if they paid the cost?

I'm trying to think of other questions that our members might be thinking of....

Oh no, That's even worse. I didn't realize you were already living there. I will keep my fingers crossed that you find a wonderful home soon :)

Thank you guys!

I don't know how shipping works, but I would be more than willing to look into it for sure.

They gave me two weeks for right now, but they also told me that I can file an extension, but it won't be longer than a month tops.
So... I'm hoping that I can find someone within that time period.

OMG I sooo want her and have the room why do I live in MN again??? Oh ya thats right I have a hubby and 2 kids that live here too...geesh. Well since I cant have her good luck to you 4 sure :)

Thanks everyone! Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for us.

Yep it's official...I'm in love :bunnyheart I cant stop looking at her OMG I have this thread bookmarked so I can see her at any given moment I need more cuteness.

I never thought I would want a Flemish because I always hear of them passing away too young...but man, she is one lovely girl. I think I am going to have to bookmark this page, too, so I can stare at her. Wow...she is so gorgeous (and my bun, Morgan, agrees!)!

:inlove:

I know! That's what makes it even HARDER! Not to mention how absolutely sweet she is. Ugh! I'll have to take some more pictures of her for everyone.

Just a suggestion, but can you not try and work it out with the landlord?

Money talks... offer a few hundred dollars extra damage deposit. Explain the litter training and how she doesn't chew, doesn't make noise, etc.

And then FLASH THE CASH :).

Good luck.

I second jordiwes suggestion... rabbits are seriously misunderstood. Baseboards can be protected... and they littertrain so easily. Maybe if you printed out some info from the House Rabbit Society website for them, they'd see that you take this very seriously. Let them know that if there is any damage due to the bunny you will fix it.

In Ontario you can't be given a hassle due to your pets, even the gov't recognizes how vital they are to our mental health.

Best of luck... she's beautiful.

jordiwes wrote:
Just a suggestion, but can you not try and work it out with the landlord?

Money talks... offer a few hundred dollars extra damage deposit. Explain the litter training and how she doesn't chew, doesn't make noise, etc.

And then FLASH THE CASH :).

Good luck.

It isn't this easy guys. We are living on a military base. They don't make exceptions for anyone, no matter how much cash you flash at them.

I already talked to them about it, and they said that rabbits are considered farm animals and they are ABSOLUTELY not allowed. :grumpy:

I wish someone on RO could take her. So... we know she's going to a good home and we could be updated and watch her grow.

Latest posts

Back