RESOLVED!!!! Craigslist bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh...well I sent an email and didn't expect to get such a quick reply! I asked several questions about the bunny but the only response I got was....'it's healthy. do you want it?'

:? :pssd: :sosad

Oh my goodness. I cannot believe that, poor bunny needs much more room then that. Are you able to get him/her? I hate seeing people do stuff like that on craigslist. I wish if people were going to get the animal they would be more responsible for them and take better care of them.

Ok...well I emailed her back, going to try to meet her tomorrow.....hubby has yet to know about all this :shock:. I would have Never in my wildest dreams thought that when I woke up this morning I would be getting another rabbit. But my goodness, I can stand an animal being abused. I bet you anything if this rabbit isn't given away by the end of the month-this person will let it go on the streets or in the woods...or at least that's the feeling I'm getting.

Ack!! I have nothing for this bunny, no cage/feeder or water bottle....but I do have a lot of love.

tell me this will all work out...:hanging:

I think I may have a temorary cage and I'll have to get the other stuff.

I'm so glad you're getting this bunny out of harm's way. If it becomes more than you can handle to have another, I'm sure a rescue or Humane Society would take her in from you without getting on their "bad list", especially if you print that ad out and keep it. I see so many bunnies on craigslist that I'd like to help but I just can't. Let us know how she is when you get her.

Oh gosh. I'm so glad! I was nearly in tears when I saw the picture in the ad earlier...

I hope the meeting goes well.... Please update when you can!

:hugsquish:

Iwill bepicking up the bunnyat 10:00am!! Hubby isn't exactly thrilled but at least he didn't say no, absolutely not!:D

Sadly, from what she wrote in her email that the rabbit was a gift to her kids (I'd bet an easter bunny) and it was up to them to take care of it, well they didn't and according to her the rabbit wasn't fed.:grumpy::XYou know, I just wanted to write, 'YOU as a parent should have monitored how the animal was being cared for!!'

GRR So I don't know what condition the bunny will be in, it looks from the picture that he/she(yes the lady has no idea what gender) isn't too thin but then again it's a dark picture. I'm surethe bunny is malnurished because it's being fed walmart pet food-no hay/no quality pellets...

On a side note...she said "None of the accessories in the picture will come with the bunny." Oh I wasn't even going to bother responding to that, lol:shock:

I'm so glad you're rescuing this poor little rabbit. It's back enough it is in an aquarium, but it's way too small to boot. If you can't keep the bunny yourself, maybe you could foster until you can find a good home.

if you cant keep the rabbit, and you dont have to just because you are taking it from these people, you can contact your rescues and agree to foster it for them to rehome it , or some will offer to list it on thier site , so this way it gets more traffic. If you can get into a rescue you can also get the rabbit seen by thier vet if thier is a problem, which if your husband isnt too thrilled with having another rabbit then he isnt going to be happy if the rabbit gets you guys a vet bill in the process

momof2buns wrote:
On a side note...she said "None of the accessories in the picture will come with the bunny." Oh I wasn't even going to bother responding to that, lol:shock:
Yeah...because you know we are ALL ABOUT keeping our bunnies in aquariums with cedar chips :rollseyes

Good for you for rescuing that bunny :great:

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
if you cant keep the rabbit, and you dont have to just because you are taking it from these people, you can contact your rescues and agree to foster it for them to rehome it , or some will offer to list it on thier site , so this way it gets more traffic. If you can get into a rescue you can also get the rabbit seen by thier vet if thier is a problem, which if your husband isnt too thrilled with having another rabbit then he isnt going to be happy if the rabbit gets you guys a vet bill in the process

GRR gets a lot of new fosterers this way! When a person calls us with this type of situation, the first thing we ask is if they can foster until the bun is adopted. If necessary, we supply a pen or cage, litterbox, etc. Our fosterers usually offer to pay for pellets and hay, but we will pay for this too if necessary. GRR also pays for 100% of vet bills. We have a direct billing arrangement with our vet, so there is no out of pocket at allto the fosterer.

A large percentage of the fosterers want to foster again or even want to foster another rabbit.

Latest posts

Back