RESOLVED!!!! Craigslist bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to hear about the new bunny... I bet he is going to be very grateful for being rescued.

Pictures please and keep us posted....

Denise

Just a few more hours! I woke up to storms this morning and can't go back to sleep...it's going to be a long morning. We have a pen and everything else for this bun now. About the shelters/rescues, I looked into it last night and the closest rabbit rescues are 2 1/2 to 3 hours away.:expressionlessSo I don't know if asking if I can be a foster would work with them being so far away? The shelters here locally are kill shelters so that won't be an option. So I'm going to try my hardest to keep him/her, money isn't an issue, it's really that we had to fight so hard for the landlord to let us have TWO rabbits and since we're squeezing a third in there, I don't know. lol

The main goal right now is to get the bun out of the conditions he/she is in, 10:30am can't come fast enough.

:apollo:

I will talk to hubby about her if you cant keep her. If it is a male my options are limited as I would hope her to bond with storm. But mabye I can foster for bunnybuddies out here tell she finds a home.

If you need help let me know PM box is open

We're home!! He's so sweet and very curious! I was shocked when I saw him as I was expecting a New Zealand mix from her description and the picture, but no... its a Mini Rex!!

Definately a buck, I'd say he's probably 4 months old too. Teeth look great, no signs of illness, he is on the thin side though, feel ribs and pin bones... but I can help him with that.:biggrin2:

Just opened the carrier:

536399826_56MZM-M.jpg

536399865_X4BSD-M.jpg

536399853_wNcLP-M.jpg

How could anyone neglect this baby?! :tears2:

536399912_5QmrC-M.jpg

He needs a name! Any suggestions???

Aw what a gorgeus little guy!
Was he in the glass tank when you went to get him?

Oh he is such a handsome guy! Those pics are so precious. About fostering through a shelter, you might be surprised. The shelter I help out at is technically a "kill" shelter, but they haven't euthanized bunnies for space in a very long time, and they have a really strong fostering program. They don't euth for medical reasons very often, and behavioral reasons euthanization is unheard of with the rabbits. But seeing how cute he is, you may want to keep him yourself! ;)

He must be overjoyed to be out of there!!!! look at that wonderful shot of him on his back.
We should pin these to the "Why Rescue?" thread.

He just might be the happiest bun in the world!
Thank you so much for rescuing him :hug:

Congrats he is cute, how about his fur i am finding out for the first time how incredible thier fur is!!! HE is beautiful, good luck with him.

How about Craig? I too want a rex someday--they're so soft!

Claire come to Pa I have a black rex for adoption,lol

This little guyis so starved for attention, I was scratching his ears and between them and he closed his eyes! I put him to sleep, I haven't seen a bun do that.:DIt's going to be hard to give him up if I have to, but we'll see how things work out. He loves his pellets and hay-he even did some stomping, I gotta feeling he's going to be a little sassy when he gets his energy back with good nutrition!:biggrin2:

NorthernAutumn-that's fine if you want to move the pics to the Why Rescue thread...in a few months he should have some weight on him (you can see in the second pic his belly is sunken in)so I'll take some pics then too. Iwish there was some kind of awareness about Not keeping rabbits in aquariums-I've seen the pet stores do it too...wonder if it's because it's cheaper than a cage?Dunno, but he's so happy to be loose, I think I may see a binky before the weekis up.:D

Thanks for the names guys, actually, Craig is my dad's name. :blushan:Lol you know it does kinda fit him. I like Artie, or Jack, Ace, Hank....oh, I like Keno too. Boy names are so hard.

Oh My Gosh, he's so Handsome.

What a GREAT thing you did in saving him. The world needs more people like you.

Can hardly wait to see what you are going to name him.

I look forward to more pictures of the Cutie.

Susan :)

OMIGOD!!!:faint::adorable:

What a cute bunny! The expression on his face is priceless in the first picture.

Congratulations and hope you find a good name for him. Give him a pat from me!

Denise

Latest posts

Back