RESCUE: WI (Resolved!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hug:

That's awesome naturstee, WTG!!

I wish I lived closer... I would've adopted him permanently. I have fallen head over heels for him. Living in Louisiana sucks!

Angela you are an angel!!!

Let us know how it works out and we will want lots of pics. This isgreat because I think he really needs someone like you right now.Someone who knows enough about bunnies to give him the care andattention he needs.

Hurray!

Oh man naturestee, you are an angel! I had totake a break from studying to find out the news on this fellow and I'mglad to hear it. I expect lots of photos! I am such a suck for bigwhite rabbits (probably because I know they are often skipped overbecause of their color). And even if his living arrangements aren'tideal, at least he will have a safe place with fresh food and water anda clean place to live, it's better than nothing. Who knows, he may turnout to be a real sweety when he settles in!

I just PM'd Angela (who is probably sleeping)that everything is falling into place. The shelter has OK'd him goingto a foster home although they think that he is "territorial". SoulmateRabbit Rescue is impressed with Angela although the person doesn't goon RO. I invited her to join RO so that she would be able to see whatAngela does for this site. We just need to arrange transport...theshelter is giving me 7-10 days and Jim said he could stay here a fewdays as long as he is leaving. I think that Abercrombie has been saved.I saw him tonite at the shelter so he is still very much alive. I hopethat his name is chang:colors:ed soon as I hate the name.

You are just so wonderful Angieluv!

And Angela..you are mighty wonderful for even thinking about givingthis guy a temporary home.....gee..what are you going to do if you fallin love with the guy?

For the both of you :hug:

cheryl

Angieluv, did I tell you what I want to name him if he bonds with Fey and Sprite? Oberon, Lord of the Fairies!:D

Cheryl, I'm already in love. But I'm also (somewhat)practical. He'll go on to another home if I can't bond him,because it's not fair to him to live in my lonely basementforever. Hey, I fell in love with Tank but still sent her onher way. Although I did cry.

I hope Julie signs up. That would be awesome!

:thud:My gosh! Someone pinch me! I am head overheals in absolute love with him! Like everyone else said, somethingabout him just makes you instantly in love with him!

Way to go NatureStee! I'll be waiting for many many many many pictures!

:heartbeat:

I hope he lives up to everyones expectations.The person who took pictures of him got those good picturesof his brilliant whiteness against the sky. He is really a very unhappybunny sitting in that dog crate in the small room of the shelter. Ithink the staff are making him mean by throwing towels over his headetc. I'm so glad that Angela is taking him at least to try him out.When he was at my house after his neuter he did a few binkies andstarted to come alive but he hates the shelter.....by the way theshelter would not allow him to go to another shelter as they feel hehas shelter burnout. That is why he is so lucky to be going to a home.:D

I'd say it's very likely that the shelter peopleare adding to his agression if not causing it. I mean look at it fromhis eyes, if you had someone throw a towel over you everytime they camearound, wouldn't you be afraid too? Rabbits are like people -- they canbe passive or aggressive and the aggressive ones are the ones whoattack when they are frightened.

It's bunnies like him that make me wish I have the time and space tofoster a few bunnies that have issues because I hate to see rabbitslike this put down without really being given a chance. MaybeNaturestee can give him a new lease on life and he will find hisperfect home soon.

Just so you know what's going on, it looks likeI'll be getting him next Saturday, the 16th. I need to get towork on my basement!:shock:

Oh, and I'm definately renaming him Oberon. Angieluv reallywants his name changed, and I think a good, proud name might give him alittle pride. That, and I'm hoping he can be the Lord of theFairies here!:lol

Angieluv and Naturestee, you are both suchincredible people. I admire you both so much for saving this beautifulboy.:hug2:

I am so happy heis going to get a second chance.

I was at the shelter today and told Oberon(Abercrombie) all about Angela. It really seems strange that thisterritorial rabbit is so sweet with me. He is very happy . closed hiseyes after eating parsley and when I left I think that he was dreamingabout his new and better life. Lucky bunny;)

Aww!:bunnyheart I bet he knows theother people don't like him at all. It doesn't sound likethey were treating him well. Loki didn't like the shelterworker either, probably because she scruffed him. Was thetowel thing to pick him up or just as "protection" when they opened hiscage for feeding and cleaning?

I'm coming for you, baby!

the towel thing was to pick him up...like theydo on Animal Planet with a wild animalsometimes..reallyprimitiveI'll get himout of theremid-weekand keep him here a couple days before Sat.

Latest posts

Back