REHOME: Memphis, Tennessee - RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Winston certainly isa VERYpretty boy.

I can't wait to meet Penelope and see what her personality is like. She really sounds like a sweetheart.

I'm sorry that I haven't been on since theweekend. My dad was quite ill, went into hopice on Saturdaynight, and died yesterday. My mom is in a personal care home,and so I'm the only one left to deal with the details. Wewon't be able to give Penelope her forever home right now, since wewouldn't be able to give her the time and attention she would need inorder for her to adjust to her new home. We'll check backwhen things settle down here a bit to see if she's found a newhome. Thanks for understanding.

Oh, Grace. I'm so sorry. Don't worry about Penelope. I'll take care of her.

Please take care of yourself. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura

Any news on Penny as far as a new home goes?

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I offered to take them, but I was told thattheir adoption was pending. I would be happy to take them both or oneor the other. I am about 90 miles south of Memphis in MS. Just let meknow.

Marie

Winston and Daisy Mae would make a wonderful couple (since Mr Tumnus is making his plans fast enough to get here).

Susan:bunnydance:

Penelope and Winston are on their way to my house right now! EEK!

I'm all ready. Their room is clean and Imade plenty of space for those big cages.

I'll update once their settled.

Are they there yet?Are they there yet?

I need a Winston:kiss: Fix.:elephant::bunnydance::jumpforjoy::colors:

Susan:apollo:

Sorry I wasn't able to get on earlier.

They're here!

Winston is VERY timid. His cage has been open for half anhour and he's just now coming out. He thumps and scramblesand runs off a lot. I'm not going to handle him for awhile. I just want him to feel comfortable rightnow. He's pretty scared.

Penelope hasn't been out yet, but she doesn't seem nervous atall. She looks like she's been here forever. Justkeeps looking at me like, "what?". I'm going to let her outin a few minutes. She's a little heavy. I'm goingto limit her pellets.

They're both BEAUTIFUL.

Their momgot a little emotional leaving them today,especially Penelope. You can tell they had a tightbond. I felt horrible for her. :(

She told me Penelope's story. She rescued Penelope lastJuly. Penelope's mother had been put out in front of a feedstore with a litter of babies in 100 degreeheat.All of Penelope's littermates and her motherwere dead. Penelope was almost dead.:cry1:

Melissa and her husbandtookPenelope andran. They hand fed her KMR and saved her life.They'd never had rabbits before anddidn't know anything aboutthem, but theyknew they had to save her. Theyturned into great rabbit parents.Penelope grew intoa big, beautiful girl. It's so sad that they have to partwith her.

I'm going to get some parsley and see if I can get Winston to take it from my hand.

I am falling in love with Penelope.

When she came out for the first time last night, she inspected everyinch of her room. She started tearing around on the carpetlike a wild child and discovered how much fun concrete tubesare.

She is already napping in her cage with her eyes closed! Ittook my other rabbits MONTHS before they'd let me see themsleeping. She really seems comfortable here.

The darker color in her coat is this gorgeous steel blue-graycolor. She has dainty little feet and amazing earcontrol.

Penelope sounds just amazing :). Send her here :D!

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Winston is a little better today, Susan.

I will try to get some videos of them tonight. I think theflash and clickingof the camera would scare the life out ofWinston. My dogwalked a few feet from his cageyesterday and he was terribly frightened, scrambling so violentlyIthought he would really hurt himself. He is muchcalmer today though, thank goodness.

Latest posts

Back