REHOME: Memphis, Tennessee - RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
One of the local rescue groups asked if I could foster these two:

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

I can't help now due to Baby's health issues.

They are not bonded, so they can go to separate homes. Their NIC cages and all accessories come with them.

Here's the info I got from the current owner:

Hello!! Patricia gave me your name as a possible contactfor someone who could help us find a home for our amazing bunnies. I amso heartbroken that we don't have someone trusted who can take them infor us and it would make me feel so amazing to know that they havefound a wonderful home, even if temporary, with someone who would fallin love with them as much as I have. They are such incrediblebunnies.

I am attaching pictures - one of Penelope (gray and whitedutch mix) and one of Winston (black and white lionhead). Like I toldPatricia, their cages (including 1 hutch that we haven't used sincePenelope was a baby), toys, water bottles, litter boxes, litter, hugebag of food, hay and treats will all go with them. I'm just thankful toanyone who can provide shelter for them.

They are both spayed/neutered but have not yet bonded witheach other. They would be perfectly happy being separated from eachother because bonding them has been a little bit of a task so far.Winston seems to like other bunnies but Penelope is a bit territorial(though very sociable and sweet with humans). Penelope is religiousabout her litter box and Winston is great... though not as obsessive asPenelope. Penelope binkies and flops whenever she runs around andWinston loves to jump onto and off of boxes. They are both estimated tohave been born in June 2006.

Thank you a million times over for any help you may be ableto provide. I just don't know what our options are outside of findingsomeone kind enough to help. We planned on them being a part of ourforever family and I'm so sad that circumstances have made thatimpossible. We have to leave mid-May and just absolutely cannot takethese babies with us. We originally took them in as rescues ourselvesand never would have if we'd realized we'd have to find a home for themagain. Please let anyone interested have my email address. We are inthe midtown Memphis area and I will be happy to meet someone anywhereneeded. The cages are too big to fit in my car, but I'd be happy todisassemble them and provide the parts. I may also be able to borrow acar if necessary.

Again, thank you thank you thank you.

To all those who are going to PM me about this gorgeous lionhead...yes, I've seen this thread!

Peg

I'd love to find out more about Winston. It's sofunny that you post this, I've been looking for a funky lookinglionhead as a friend for Vega.

Peg, it's such a shame he's alreadyneutered. Hewould have madesome prettybabies, huh? He sounds like a sweetie, though, so he'll makea good pet.

I think he's absolutely gorgeous and so unique.

I would take him in a heartbeat if Baby weren't sick. I just can't bring any other animals in right now.

Wow, they're gorgeous! Especially that lionhead. He has such a unique color pattern.

jenfur427, it would be really cool if you adoptedWinston. Hopefully things will work out. I don'tknow how far away he is from you, if you want him but can't drive thatfar we can try to find others to help get him closer to you.

You're about a 300 mile drive away - 5 hours according to MSN Maps....and you will have a PM in a couple of minutes...

Peg

jenfur427 wrote:
I'm about 20 minutes outside of St Louis, so not too far I don't think.

I just have to say what an awesome cage he has....wow...

I bet he's one spoiled bunny...

Peg

If no onewants these two,I'mgoing to foster them. I can keep them in aseparate room in the house and there shouldn't be anyproblems.

Melissa (owner)is moving mid-May and the thought of these two going to the shelter breaks my heart.

She wrote me back and was saying how sweet Penelope is (Dutchmix). I think sheis her heart bunny.These two are obviously much loved and very well cared for.

It's really sad that she has to part with them. :cry1:

I just showed Art Winston and his cage and said, "He's being rescued.." and he said,

"FROM WHAT?"

I think he was whistling at that awesome cage..

Peg

Is Winston a mix? He doesn't look likepure-bred Lionhead to me. He's very unusual looking, but Ithink he's one of the prettiest rabbits I've ever seen.

Would he be called a "mismarked" or vienna or sport-marked? That stuff confuses me.

He is absolutely gorgeous....

He is a vienna marked (or sport) black rabbit.

He could be a single mane or a double mane - it is hard to tell. Somedouble manes lose their mane too - some single manes keep a mane..

I have been looking at his picture off and on - lots this morning and then again tonight....

There is a very good chance he is purebred as some of the older style lionheads looked like that.

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
I just showed Art Winston and his cage and said, "He's beingrescued.." and he said,

"FROM WHAT?"
:lol Funny!!

I have to agree, this is definitely not a rescue. ;)

It's so sad they have to be rehomed, these people obviously care about,and put a lot of care into, their little friends.

I hope Penelope gets a good reaction, too.Winston is certainly an easy sell! What a cutie!

sas :)

I love Penelope's cage! That is how we aretrying to make all our pens at the shelter-on a wood frame with wheelsso theyre easy to move and clean.

I hope Penelope finds a forever home. She seems like a very special bunny!

Latest posts

Back