Red bald patch on back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolabunny56

Reaction score
Hi I’m Hannah and my rabbit Lola recently has gotten a bald red like crusty almost spot on her back and she’s not irritated when I pet over it and I wet it and took some of the white things out they weren’t bugs but the bedding from in her cage but her spot looks like it’s been burnt and cut and it’s all red idk what it is or what to do if anyone could help me that would be awsome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Sounds a lot like she has got mites. They are too small to see without a microscope. Treatment is pretty easy with a spot on, I would see a vet before it gets worse.

Sounds a lot like she has got mites. They are too small to see without a microscope. Treatment is pretty easy with a spot on, I would see a vet before it gets worse.
Spot on? Like Zymox I’m waiting to take her to the vet till Tuesday cause the stoopid holiday

Like Revolution or Stronghold, drops that you put near the infested area where the bunny can't lick it off, don't know about Zymox or what the ingredients are. You'll need one that is safe for rabbits.

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/bald-areas-photos.106246/#post-1207952
There is a lot to read about mites here, use "treating mites" as search term and check [Search titles only] :)

Like Preitler said, a spot on like Revolution (selamectin). In fact, Revolution (selamectin) is really the only rabbit safe spot on mite treatment available in the US, and it is prescription (other brand names may be available).

Xeno 450 (ivermectin) is also another rabbit safe spot on treatment, but not available in the US. Though oral or injectable ivermectin by your vet, is available and another possible treatment for mites. Keeping in mind that rarely, certain rabbits can be sensitive to ivermectin (BEW, Dutch, Vienna gene carriers), and it can be dangerous for them to have it.

Some antiparasitics aren't safe for rabbits at all, and can even be dangerous, so only rabbit safe treatments appropriately dosed, should be used.

Medirabbit: fur mites

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Mites

Does she happen to be with any other rabbits? Or has she recently gotten a vaccination or any injections from your vet?

Back