Rant Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its Annie this week, have rehersals every day cept today and the shows are on Saturday.... and my throats just died.

Its all swollen and really hurts :mad:

Grrrrr

Not good.

There are two things that really irk me right now:

My husband's family reunion is this Saturday, and I do NOT want to go. I barely know most of these people, having met them only twice, at previous reunions. I do not do well in social situations, and can't really make conversation, especially with people I don't know. I don't have any interests in common with them. I have always been like this, and sometimes skip out on my *own* family gatherings, even at holidays. (I almost always take a book with me to holidays, and pass the time while people are gossiping by reading. I'm sure this is probably very rude, but I don't really care.)
Additionally, there will be 5 children there, all under the age of 5. Twin girls, 3 or 4, and triplet boys, 2 or 3. I don't like kids, especially young, loud, hyper ones. Ugh.
This is going to be extra uncomfortable for me this year. I stopped eating meat at the beginning of October, and I don't think there will be much for me to eat. It's potluck, but the staple foods are brisket, fried chicken, 7-layer dip, meatballs, etc. I am not motivated enough to get up at 5am on Saturday morning to make something to take along. This is an all-day event, so I won't be able to just eat before going and be fine.
I am honestly hoping I get sick before Saturday so I don't have to go.
I want to grumble about this on Facebook, but my husband and SIL are on there, so I can't. GRRRRRR!

Ok. Second.
No matter how hard I try, I just cannot lose weight. I have gained a lot of weight recently, mostly on my stomach/waist. (Like, 10 pounds this year.) Since starting to gain weight, I have changed my eating habits to reduce calories, increase fruits and vegetables, gave up meat a 3 weeks ago, lower fat, far fewer processed/pre-packaged things, no trans-fats, most grains are whole, almost nothing with refined flour/sugar. But I continue to gain weight. Have increased my activity a bit, still gaining weight. Maybe the worst part, since most of the weight is on my stomach I look pregnant. About 5 months pregnant. Several people at my work have asked me if I'm pregnant. I am absolutely NOT pregnant.
I feel miserable all the time. I have trouble falling asleep, and wake up several times through each night with night sweats.
Under-active thyroid runs in my family (mom, grandma, and aunt all have it), so I have my thyroid function checked each year when I get my "Well Woman Exam." Every year, I am smack in the middle of the normal range, even the newer narrow window of "normal." Because of this, my doctor refuses to even try any sort of medication.
None of my clothes fit, and I cannot afford to buy new clothes.
It's all very frustrating.

I am on a dog forum trying to get help wtih my Daisy whose had mange since we got her at the shelter -.- and I cannot beleive how RUDE these people are to one another! Was reading a thread about a woman whho was sayin she may be prego again and everyone was belittlin her cause she was using breastfeeding as BC. not smart, but she doesnt need to be degraded for it! and another whose adoption a dog from a back yard breeder...wow people please. just cause some people can spend a 1000$ on a dog doesnt mean everyone can! and not every backyard breeder is horrible! I know someone breeding old english bulldogs and he loves his dogs to death but would be considered a backyardbreeder. gawd. some of the things i read just made me sooo mad! i seriously want to say something, but whats the point when ill get flaned. PLUS, i am getting no replies even for ideas for treatement!

fuzz16 wrote:
I am on a dog forum trying to get help wtih my Daisy whose had mange since we got her at the shelter -.- and I cannot beleive how RUDE these people are to one another! Was reading a thread about a woman whho was sayin she may be prego again and everyone was belittlin her cause she was using breastfeeding as BC. not smart, but she doesnt need to be degraded for it! and another whose adoption a dog from a back yard breeder...wow people please. just cause some people can spend a 1000$ on a dog doesnt mean everyone can! and not every backyard breeder is horrible! I know someone breeding old english bulldogs and he loves his dogs to death but would be considered a backyardbreeder. gawd. some of the things i read just made me sooo mad! i seriously want to say something, but whats the point when ill get flaned. PLUS, i am getting no replies even for ideas for treatement!

People on pet forums can be jerks, because everyone has a slightly different idea about pet care and everyone thinks their way is the way to go.

But seriously, the pregnant woman shouldn't be having kids if she's stupid enough to think that breastfeeding means you can't get pregnant. :headsmack

BethM wrote:
There are two things that really irk me right now:

My husband's family reunion is this Saturday, and I do NOT want to go.  I barely know most of these people, having met them only twice, at previous reunions.  I do not do well in social situations, and can't really make conversation, especially with people I don't know.  I don't have any interests in common with them.  I have always been like this, and sometimes skip out on my *own* family gatherings, even at holidays.  (I almost always take a book with me to holidays, and pass the time while people are gossiping by reading.  I'm sure this is probably very rude, but I don't really care.) 
Additionally, there will be 5 children there, all under the age of 5.  Twin girls, 3 or 4, and triplet boys, 2 or 3.  I don't like kids, especially young, loud, hyper ones.  Ugh.
This is going to be extra uncomfortable for me this year.  I stopped eating meat at the beginning of October, and I don't think there will be much for me to eat.  It's potluck, but the staple foods are brisket, fried chicken, 7-layer dip, meatballs, etc.  I am not motivated enough to get up at 5am on Saturday morning to make something to take along.  This is an all-day event, so I won't be able to just eat before going and be fine.
I am honestly hoping I get sick before Saturday so I don't have to go. 
I want to grumble about this on Facebook, but my husband and SIL are on there, so I can't. GRRRRRR!

Ok.  Second.
No matter how hard I try, I just cannot lose weight.  I have gained a lot of weight recently, mostly on my stomach/waist.  (Like, 10 pounds this year.)  Since starting to gain weight, I have changed my eating habits to reduce calories, increase fruits and vegetables, gave up meat a 3 weeks ago, lower fat, far fewer processed/pre-packaged things, no trans-fats, most grains are whole, almost nothing with refined flour/sugar.  But I continue to gain weight.  Have increased my activity a bit, still gaining weight. Maybe the worst part, since most of the weight is on my stomach I look pregnant.  About 5 months pregnant.  Several people at my work have asked me if I'm pregnant.  I am absolutely NOT pregnant.
I feel miserable all the time.  I have trouble falling asleep, and wake up several times through each night with night sweats. 
Under-active thyroid runs in my family (mom, grandma, and aunt all have it), so I have my thyroid function checked each year when I get my "Well Woman Exam."  Every year, I am smack in the middle of the normal range, even the newer narrow window of "normal."  Because of this, my doctor refuses to even try any sort of medication.
None of my clothes fit, and I cannot afford to buy new clothes.
It's all very frustrating.

Hello Beth, I am very sorry to hear you are having these problems with losing weight. I wish I could tell you. The other day I was watching a program on TV where they have this large people who are trying to lose weight (don't remember the name, sorry) and they were doing some amazing things. Maybe you should take part in the program? I know, it is easier said than done.
Have you considered trying out those pills that body builders use when they need to burn fat? Have a look: over here Please be warned though, I don't recommend you using them. I am against anything and everything that is unnatural.

Latest posts

Back