RAINBOW BRIDGE (2006 - CLOSED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray::rainbow::jumpingbunny:

Lord Lopsey? Noooooo!!! This can't be happening....

He was far too young and far too special :cry2

Picture920.jpg

:rip:little one..

sas :cry3and the warren :bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5:

I REALLY don't even want to post this one...

Martin is one of our most popular members, and Marvin was one of our most popular bunnies. :bigtears:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one... Not Marvin! :sad:

It's truly awful. So sorry, Martin. :cry4:

This day just gets worse and worse... I'm going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head.

4hasxo5.jpg

:rip: Marvin, we all loved you little girl. :bigtears:

sas :cry2and the warren:bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5: (earsat half mastthe rest of this awful day)

anguish.jpg

These are my two bunny angels, Howie and Leo. I had both since they were old enough to be away from mama rabbit. And I will always tresure the time and memories I had with them.:bunnyangel::bunnyangel:

Leo was just over 4 years oldwhen he passed away due to ongoing illness during surgery. My vet was wonderful and truly adored Leoand Howie too. I received the sweetest gift from my vet a few weeks after, it was an inprint of Leo's sweet feet. Leo was my rowdy, full of energy, always into trouble boy, and he loved to chase the cat out of any room he was in.:roflmao:I have to admit whenLeo first passed I was angry at the vet but really at myself. I wanted to have more time with him and to have been able to say goodbye the way I was able too with Howie. But I know thatitwas really know ones fault at all. And my vet waswonderful and did everything he could for him.He earned his bunny wings on 06/07/2006. Here is Leo when he was a baby.

002.jpg

Howie was almost 8 years old what he passed away in my arms. I am glad I had that time with him andwas able to holdand cuddle with him that last time and say goodbye.He wasmy very sweet, loving, calm, cuddle boy. He earned his bunny wings on 08/29/2006. These are a couple of my favorite pictures of him.

08-29-06_1554.jpg

08-29-06_1521.jpg

And here is one of Leo (left) and Howie (right) together. I believe they are flying with the butterfliesnow, all around me and waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.I miss my sweet bunny boys and think of them everyday. :bawl::bawl::bunnybutt::bunnyangel::bunnyangel:

HowieLeo.jpg

Thank you for letting me share a little about my babies.:)

What is going on this year, The rainbow bridge is getting bigger. Many buns, guinea pigs and all are going too fast. I wish I could hide under the covers liek you said Pipp.

I am terribly sorry for all of your losses.

I am so sorry for all of your losses this week. It is a tragedy and very hard to deal w/. I am thinking of all of you who lost your bun! Binkie free babies! :magicwand:

Oh wow. I feel as if my candle has been lit non stop lately.

:rainbow:

To all the bunnies who have made the journey over the Rainbow Bridge. You are loved and you are missed, but you will always have a place in our hearts.

:tears2:

I'm in pieces just reading about it.:( I can't imagine how hard this is, Brem. I've followed Marvin here and in your blog. It's so very sad.

And Country Girl, I didn't realize your losses were this recent. I'm so very sorry. :sad:

Thanks for sharing their pics, they were gorgeous little buns. They'll live again on this page and in our hearts.

:pink iris:

sas :(

It's taken me a week to be able to post this. Last Tuesday I said an unexpected goodbye to Cinnamon, one of the first bunnies I've ever owned. After having her back legs paralyzed in June,she made an amazing recovery to full mobility. The determination she showed was inspiring. I remember taking her out Monday night and watching her jump all around the apartment� it brought tears to my eyesto see how well she was doing. I left her for work Tuesday without saying goodbye, only to return to find that she had passed on. It was heartbreaking. I actually called off on Wednesday so I could have her cremated. I still haven�t been able to look at the urn since I picked it up Friday afternoon.

Wherever you are Cinnamon, just know that I love you and miss you.

:rainbow:I am so sorry for everyone who has lost a bunny, and hope they are having fun at Rainbow Bridge.:rainbow:

Hi guys...

Horrible news...

I just got word that Daisy, my sister's dog, was put to sleep today. For anyone who doesn't know, here is her story:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15326&forum_id=5&highlight=poor+puppy

I had been hoping that the last time they took her to the vet, she would hang on just for another year, until we could get a house with a big backyard for her to play in, but she just couldn't handle anymore the life of being ignored and having to live the way she was.

It isn't easy, but I know I have to somehow take solace in the fact that I did everything I could do for her...though right now, it really isn't stopping the tears from flowing. I feel like I've lost one of my own babies...

My sister emailed me to tell me (rather callous way to do it, if youask me), and said that she had started to have trouble walking again, and was having trouble with one of her eyes, wasn't eating or drinking anymore, and that they had to take her in to Seacca and have her put to sleep. I gasped and said something out of surprise (though I don't remember what), and my husband asked me what happened...but I couldn't speak, I was so overtaken. All I could do was cry on his shoulder after he read it and hugged me.

It's so unfair...to live a long life, only to have the majority of it being ignored in a small, dirty backyard. I hope her friend, Minnie, lives long enough that we can give her the gift of that big, grassy backyard, and we will have a special memorial there for sweet Daisy.

I will put here the same thing I posted in memorial for her the last time, when I truly thought she wouldn't make it:

To you, my sweetDaisy...my eternal puppy love. May you have the happiness andlove and freedom you didn't have in this life. Know that as I think of you, I shed tears for not being able to say goodbye.If I could see you right now, I would kiss your big, beautiful, slobbery face and give your huge shoulders a big ol' hug. I hope you know that you're loved, and will be greatly missed.You will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

My love forever,

Your Auntie Rosie

Latest posts

Back