Rabbit treats I made

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

BunLover

Reaction score
I made these rabbit treats that Bunbun (my rabbit) LOVES. Here are some pictures, I burned one of them so that is why there are not that many, I did not make much in the jars. I have a jar of pellets too,

Attachments

Last edited:

Blue eyes

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like dried carrots and dried apples? Do you have a dehydrator or did you use the oven?

Not to burst a bubble, but it'd probably be better to just give them a slice of fresh carrot or fresh apple. Dehydrated just makes them more concentrated, so less should be offered. They do make great human snacks!

BunLover

Reaction score
Just curious what does she say that is questionable?

BunLover

Reaction score
Not trying to be mean but that video was from 2018

Blue eyes

Staff member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head...
Recommending lidded litter boxes (harmful fumes)
Suggesting using clear packaging tape for wall edges as bunny proofing (choking hazard)
Showing rabbit in an opened pet stroller (rabbit could escape or other animal attack)

The treats you made are fine (if just dehydrated). I was merely pointing out that fresh is healthy and easy.

NYAngela

Reaction score
I made these rabbit treats that Bunbun (my rabbit) LOVES. Here are some pictures, I burned one of them so that is why there are not that many, I did not make much in the jars. I have a jar of pellets too,
You’re so good you made them yourself! I order mine off Amazon 😂 I keep them near his pen in a little container & I shake it and he comes running, that’s how I get him in his pen every night. I have an array carrots, strawberries, bananas & blueberries so I change it up to which he gets. My vet suggested this because a) it’s always available compared to fresh fruit b) would let you know if they are not well since they hide illness c) it could help to get them out of hiding in an emergency
DE36544B-A143-4420-856E-ED239EBF4305.jpeg

FluffleFarm

Reaction score
I am just following Lennon the bunny, I only give him a tiny
I love that you found a way to give treats that might not always be fresh! Just like the last poster. That’s good thinking for times of “just in case” :)

I knew nothing of the Lennon issues, but glad to see people are being smart too! Absorb the good and ignore the bad.

skipidragon

Reaction score
I stopped following Lennon when she took it to a bunfest in California and it was severely injured in a large bunny play enclosure. She wasnt able to get it out right away, hence the injuries were bad. Not a great decision!
Yeah but, the following shows she did about that let all of us know about the dangers of rabbitt to rabbitt interactions. Before that happened, bun hop togethers were a "thing" and nobody thought they were dangerous. Through Lennons very painful attack, Lorili has educated us about our cute monsters. Rabbits can kill other rabbits. So dislike her for some other reason. She did her best by Lennon.

Reaction score
I make dried fruit in the oven.
Slice thinly, place on parchment paper. 2 hours on 200 F. Turn off and leave all night.
Cinnabun will not eat fresh bananas, will dried.
But I do it, because I can't keep fresh fruit fresh. I'm not a big fruit eater. So they may go bad.

Latest posts