Rabbit treats I made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make homemade treats about every two weeks. The recipe is:
2-3 ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup pellets ground in spice grinder until powder
1/2 cup regular oats ground in spice grinder until powder
1-2 carrots shredded
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, more if too dry
Mix until combined, place ball in middle of parchment lined baking sheet.
I use cling wrap to cover and a rolling pin to roll out in oval shape. about 1/4 " thick
Take a toothpick and score it to make "crackers"
Put in 325 oven about 30 minutes, flip and cook until other side is dry
I also have a dehydrate function on my. convection oven that will dry them out over an hour or so after baking
Make sure very dry so no mold grows. When dry, break apart on score lines.
Place in Tupperware with lid
I give 2 each day and our buns LOVE them.
Thanks for sharing

I made these rabbit treats that Bunbun (my rabbit) LOVES. Here are some pictures, I burned one of them so that is why there are not that many, I did not make much in the jars. I have a jar of pellets too,
Do you Blanche the carrots first? I’m worried about doing that and changing the nutrition structure of it. Lol

Yeah. We try not to promote Lennon the Bunny as she has some questionable advice, limited experience, and now gets paid to promote certain products (that may or may not be so good).
I was just going to say the same thing lol.

I make rabbit treats using lettuce or Parsley or rocket or any bunny safe leafy green (liquidised/blender), ground pellets, hay bits and some ground flaxseed (Soaked in a little water until gooey). Mix it all together then mould and bake until completely dried out.

I don't have any measurements as I eye ball it based on how much the blended veggies are.

My baba loves it.

Attachments

• 20221228_171428.jpg
    14.8 MB · Views: 1
I make rabbit treats using lettuce or Parsley or rocket or any bunny safe leafy green (liquidised/blender), ground pellets, hay bits and some ground flaxseed (Soaked in a little water until gooey). Mix it all together then mould and bake until completely dried out.

I don't have any measurements as I eye ball it based on how much the blended veggies are.

My baba loves it.
Wow! I’d love to see the basic baking instructions for those! My rabbits demolish stuff like that in under a day so it’d be awesome to make some on my own!

Wow! I’d love to see the basic baking instructions for those! My rabbits demolish stuff like that in under a day so it’d be awesome to make some on my own!
I basically make the cookies as I go along so it is different every time. This is what I did though, hope it helps. I am giving quantities as I remembered when I made them. Here goes...
3 leaves Romaine Lettuce and a handful of parsley. I blended that until liquid.
1/4 cup pellets ground fine.
2 Tbsp ground Flaxseed soaked in 3 Tbsp water (I soaked this before I start with the blending and grinding so it gets like an egg type consistency)
Lots of Hay bits

Add the pellets to the veggies, then add in about 1 cup hay and mix
Add in the flaxseed and mix until all combined.
I then add in more hay until the mixture is moldable or pliable. If it gets too dry them I add in more liquidised veggies.

I weight little amounts to 10grams and then mould into shape.

Then I bake in a a pre heated oven on 120 degrees Celsius for 1hour and leave to cool in the oven. I check to see if it is fully dry if not the I turn and put back in the oven for another hour on 120 deg C. Once dried and cooled it weighs 3 grams, I store in an airtight container. I feed him about 3 a day.
Hope your fur babies will love it as much as Chino does.

Some context to the video, I did not want to give him a treat as he did not eat his veggies. So he decided to take the treats himself.

Attachments

• 20221112_154012.mp4
    49.4 MB
I basically make the cookies as I go along so it is different every time. This is what I did though, hope it helps. I am giving quantities as I remembered when I made them. Here goes...
3 leaves Romaine Lettuce and a handful of parsley. I blended that until liquid.
1/4 cup pellets ground fine.
2 Tbsp ground Flaxseed soaked in 3 Tbsp water (I soaked this before I start with the blending and grinding so it gets like an egg type consistency)
Lots of Hay bits

Add the pellets to the veggies, then add in about 1 cup hay and mix
Add in the flaxseed and mix until all combined.
I then add in more hay until the mixture is moldable or pliable. If it gets too dry them I add in more liquidised veggies.

I weight little amounts to 10grams and then mould into shape.

Then I bake in a a pre heated oven on 120 degrees Celsius for 1hour and leave to cool in the oven. I check to see if it is fully dry if not the I turn and put back in the oven for another hour on 120 deg C. Once dried and cooled it weighs 3 grams, I store in an airtight container. I feed him about 3 a day.
Hope your fur babies will love it as much as Chino does.

Some context to the video, I did not want to give him a treat as he did not eat his veggies. So he decided to take the treats himself.
Thank you! I love the video by the way!

I made these rabbit treats that Bunbun (my rabbit) LOVES. Here are some pictures, I burned one of them so that is why there are not that many, I did not make much in the jars. I have a jar of pellets too,
I use cheap boxes of bunny treats (twigs, hessian balls, alfalfa sticks etc) that you can buy on amazon for £10 for a box full, then I get cotton string and a bit of carrot or whatever and tie them all together as a hanging chew toy treat. My friend gets tubes of safe cardboard, puts a smidge of banana liquid mush on and then adds their normal pellets round the outside before hanging it up… to keep her bun’s entertained.
Any other suggestions for safe toy ideas would be great please.

I use cheap boxes of bunny treats (twigs, hessian balls, alfalfa sticks etc) that you can buy on amazon for £10 for a box full, then I get cotton string and a bit of carrot or whatever and tie them all together as a hanging chew toy treat. My friend gets tubes of safe cardboard, puts a smidge of banana liquid mush on and then adds their normal pellets round the outside before hanging it up… to keep her bun’s entertained.
Any other suggestions for safe toy ideas would be great please.
Once in a while you can give your rabbits palm leaf bowls. make sure its just palm leaf no bad things

Latest posts

Back