Rabbit treats I made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
I made these rabbit treats that Bunbun (my rabbit) LOVES. Here are some pictures, I burned one of them so that is why there are not that many, I did not make much in the jars. I have a jar of pellets too,

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpeg
    IMG_6140.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6139.jpeg
    IMG_6139.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6137.jpeg
    IMG_6137.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6142.jpeg
    IMG_6142.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6135.jpeg
    IMG_6135.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looks like dried carrots and dried apples? Do you have a dehydrator or did you use the oven?

Not to burst a bubble, but it'd probably be better to just give them a slice of fresh carrot or fresh apple. Dehydrated just makes them more concentrated, so less should be offered. They do make great human snacks!

Just curious what does she say that is questionable?

Not trying to be mean but that video was from 2018

Off the top of my head...
Recommending lidded litter boxes (harmful fumes)
Suggesting using clear packaging tape for wall edges as bunny proofing (choking hazard)
Showing rabbit in an opened pet stroller (rabbit could escape or other animal attack)

The treats you made are fine (if just dehydrated). I was merely pointing out that fresh is healthy and easy.

I made these rabbit treats that Bunbun (my rabbit) LOVES. Here are some pictures, I burned one of them so that is why there are not that many, I did not make much in the jars. I have a jar of pellets too,
You’re so good you made them yourself! I order mine off Amazon 😂 I keep them near his pen in a little container & I shake it and he comes running, that’s how I get him in his pen every night. I have an array carrots, strawberries, bananas & blueberries so I change it up to which he gets. My vet suggested this because a) it’s always available compared to fresh fruit b) would let you know if they are not well since they hide illness c) it could help to get them out of hiding in an emergency
DE36544B-A143-4420-856E-ED239EBF4305.jpeg

I am just following Lennon the bunny, I only give him a tiny

I love that you found a way to give treats that might not always be fresh! Just like the last poster. That’s good thinking for times of “just in case” :)

I knew nothing of the Lennon issues, but glad to see people are being smart too! Absorb the good and ignore the bad.

I stopped following Lennon when she took it to a bunfest in California and it was severely injured in a large bunny play enclosure. She wasnt able to get it out right away, hence the injuries were bad. Not a great decision!
Yeah but, the following shows she did about that let all of us know about the dangers of rabbitt to rabbitt interactions. Before that happened, bun hop togethers were a "thing" and nobody thought they were dangerous. Through Lennons very painful attack, Lorili has educated us about our cute monsters. Rabbits can kill other rabbits. So dislike her for some other reason. She did her best by Lennon.

I make dried fruit in the oven.
Slice thinly, place on parchment paper. 2 hours on 200 F. Turn off and leave all night.
Cinnabun will not eat fresh bananas, will dried.
But I do it, because I can't keep fresh fruit fresh. I'm not a big fruit eater. So they may go bad.

Great idea...especially for bananas...one banana is too much for a rabbit at one time, so I wind up wasting a lot of bananas. Thanks for sharing. 😀

I make homemade treats about every two weeks. The recipe is:
2-3 ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup pellets ground in spice grinder until powder
1/2 cup regular oats ground in spice grinder until powder
1-2 carrots shredded
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, more if too dry
Mix until combined, place ball in middle of parchment lined baking sheet.
I use cling wrap to cover and a rolling pin to roll out in oval shape. about 1/4 " thick
Take a toothpick and score it to make "crackers"
Put in 325 oven about 30 minutes, flip and cook until other side is dry
I also have a dehydrate function on my. convection oven that will dry them out over an hour or so after baking
Make sure very dry so no mold grows. When dry, break apart on score lines.
Place in Tupperware with lid
I give 2 each day and our buns LOVE them.

Great idea...especially for bananas...one banana is too much for a rabbit at one time, so I wind up wasting a lot of bananas. Thanks for sharing. 😀
yes! i never thought of drying them myself, (we end up having partially eaten bananas around the house too) lol

I think it's a great idea! I have a lot of younger siblings and they love fruits and veggies, so I usually don't get to give my rabbits the fresh stuff (its also really expensive right now to buy lots of fresh foods!). I'll probably end up doing something likes this for the winter (we have a big garden in the summer that I pick through for fresh stuff for my rabbits). Something else I want to do is dry some herbs to make mixes with.
Lennon the Bunny has never been my favorite, for a while I watched her videos for advice but stopped because not only was she annoying but really judgmental. I have caged rabbits that love their lives and I just started feeling judged whenever I watched her videos. I also can't really "free roam" my several unfixed rabbit in our house of two dogs and two cats. Nor can I mix my does separate litters together. Besides, Netherland Dwarfs (the breed I have) seem to be more aggressive with other rabbits they weren't raised with (unless you take the time to bond two together, of course). But, I have always found free roaming rabbit families lucky, having a rabbit that is with you all day sounds nice, haha!

I make homemade treats about every two weeks. The recipe is:
2-3 ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup pellets ground in spice grinder until powder
1/2 cup regular oats ground in spice grinder until powder
1-2 carrots shredded
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, more if too dry
Mix until combined, place ball in middle of parchment lined baking sheet.
I use cling wrap to cover and a rolling pin to roll out in oval shape. about 1/4 " thick
Take a toothpick and score it to make "crackers"
Put in 325 oven about 30 minutes, flip and cook until other side is dry
I also have a dehydrate function on my. convection oven that will dry them out over an hour or so after baking
Make sure very dry so no mold grows. When dry, break apart on score lines.
Place in Tupperware with lid
I give 2 each day and our buns LOVE them.
Thank you for the recipe.

Latest posts

Back