Rabbit STOLEN

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*Midnight Moon*~

Reaction score
I had a Mother and 4 babies in the Childrens barn of the Carlton County Fair
One of the babies was taken out of the cage and is now missing.
The cage was latched and when I came in to check on them the cage was unlatched and the bunny was missing.

This was the one from the litter I was planning on keeping.

:bawl::cry2:sad::sosad:cry1:

(Thought I would show just how upset I am by using like every sad face. lol)

Oh wow I'm sorry! Are you sure it was stolen? Maybe the latch was left unlocked and that baby got out before someone saw it was unlocked and relocked it?

I hope it gets found. Thats awful that people would steal them at fair. A rabbit was stolen at state fair here last year. I hope none of my rabbits get stolen at state or I'll be mad.

It was for sure stolen. The door was on the top of the cage and there is no way one of the bunnies could of got out.

There was also a piece of wire that was wrapped around it multiple times.

Maybe you should bring a lock with you to shows. Just a suggestion. I wouldn't risk my bunners.

Yes, I have taken a rabbit from a filthy auction but that isn't anything like a fair, where the animals are actually taken care of.

For someone to take a rabbit from you at a fair is just downright PATHETIC. Especially when the rabbit was in a perfectly good home to begin with.

Oh no, how awful! My deepest condolences. How old is the poor baby? :cry2

Happi Bun wrote:
Oh no, how awful! My deepest condolences. How old is the poor baby? :cry2

The bunny was only 5 weeks and was with it's mom in the cage. I am very certain that it can live on it's own now. It was eating and Drinking, however it is still a little young.

I would of locked the cages however the fair does not allow that due to safety issues and ifthey need to get the animals out of the barn for whatever reason.

That's rediculous!! I'm in charge of the rabbit barn at the fair and as long as the exhibitor leaves an extra key or combination with me I ENCOURAGE locks for this reason- I always lock mine!

This type of thing really makes me angry.

Oh my gosh!
That's awful!

I really hope the bunny turns up someplace. Definitely let the fair people know, superintedents, fair security guards, etc.

Do you know if maybe someone was interested in the babies earlier that day? They might've come back and taken it because of something that happened earlier in the day.

Like my sister mentioned, there was a rabbit stolen at our State fair last year. He was returned later (after fair I believe?) in a box at a random school. So there could still be hope for your little baby; just make sure you tell a lot of people ;)

Emily

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
That's rediculous!! I'm in charge of the rabbit barn at the fair and as long as the exhibitor leaves an extra key or combination with me I ENCOURAGE locks for this reason- I always lock mine!

This type of thing really makes me angry.

I am one of the people that watch the rabbit barn, the barn does not need locks due to it always have people that are watching it. However it is allowed to lock them. The childrens barn is suppose to be watched like the rabbit barn is, and it wasnt.

The fair was notified, and there were people looking for it for 2 days. The fair has now ended and I am hoping it turns up.

Sadly even with locks rabbits aren't safe. Somebody could get wire cutters and easily cut the wire enough to snatch the rabbit.

Emily-I didn't know that rabbit was found!

BSAR wrote:
Sadly even with locks rabbits aren't safe. Somebody could get wire cutters and easily cut the wire enough to snatch the rabbit.

That is if they really want to steal it. Half the time it is probably just a bunch of teenager acting stupid. They wont go through all the trouble to cut the wire of a cage to get it out.

~*Midnight Moon*~ wrote:
BSAR wrote:

That is if they really want to steal it. Half the time it is probably just a bunch of teenager acting stupid. They wont go through all the trouble to cut the wire of a cage to get it out.
That is true, plus they probably wouldn't think to bring wire cutters.

Gosh this is terrible! I can't believe someone would stoop this low! I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I shall be thinking of you and will keep my fingers crossed that the little one is found!

How horrible for that to happen! :pssd:

Don't the advisors and or 4-H members rotate barn duty? I can't believe someone would be so bold as to steal an animal during fair although I can see how it happens. The fair is a busy crazy place with lot's of people coming and going. I hope the bunny is okay :(

luvthempigs wrote:
How horrible for that to happen! :pssd:

Don't the advisors and or 4-H members rotate barn duty? I can't believe someone would be so bold as to steal an animal during fair although I can see how it happens. The fair is a busy crazy place with lot's of people coming and going. I hope the bunny is okay :(

With the barns that are apart of 4-H like the Cow, Goat, Chicken, Rabbit and Horse barn yes. The childrens barn is not with 4-h at all. However, There should always be people in there.

I dont have any good pics of that one in particular but this is what I have.

BabyBunnies.jpg

Latest posts

Back