Pushing the X-Pen around?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliceBunny

Reaction score
My rabbit Alice has a new mischievous hobby.... she spends all night pushing her x-pen across the (carpeted!) floor to try and get into/eat everything! Previously she was climbing the x-pen and escaping but bed sheet and a lot of binder clips solved that problem, now she is just moving her entire pen wherever she wants to go :thud:

Her bag of pellets was previously kept on the floor, about 5 or 6 feet away from the pen until I woke up the other morning to sounds of plastic being ripped apart and found Alice had pushed her x-pen all the way over to where her pellets were and ripped open the bag through the bars and had been eating pellets all morning long! lol

Anyway, is there any easy fix to stop her from doing this? She gets free run of the house for most of the day but I need to keep her contained during the night at least, so I need to find some sort of solution.

Keep something heavy in front of it like maybe a suitcase *empty* or a small dresser *full* short story just put something heavy in front hope I helped!! XOXO Chester and Blueberry 💕

Can you attach it to a wall or piece of furniture? Maybe use zip ties (the big kind for cables that she shouldn't be able to chew through). The other thing I can think of would be to wheight it down with something heavy. Maybe stick a board of plywood on top at night?

How tall is the x-pen? The taller ones are heavier.
I've used large squares of tile to prevent pens from being pulled/pushed. You can kind of see how I've used the tile and a litter box in certain areas.

You have one determined bunny!

sams x pen.jpg

If you're looking for another solution (although more costly), you could try build a floor into the xpen. It would stop her from being able to push the walls, you could attach them together with cable ties.

square_pen_alison.jpg

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Where we currently keep her pen there is no furniture really to attach it to but I'm trying to figure something out. I might just get some big paving bricks and place two at each corner of the pen to see if that stops her lol. The pen is one of the shorter ones, I wish I would have bought the taller version online but I needed a pen asap and the tall ones on amazon were out of stock so now I'm stuck with this pen that she can easily climb and drag all over the house.

The funny thing is when she is out in the living room she mostly just hangs out under the futon but if you put her into her pen she becomes the most athletic and determined bunny in the world. I honestly think she's a cat trapped in a rabbit's bunny because she loves climbing and jumping on everything and knocking all of my things off of tables and shelves and onto the floor.

Latest posts

Back