Princess/Poet Pembrooke

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrittanyandFruFru wrote:
First Bloggy Friend,

Cilantro and parsley are similar but not exactly the same, I am not sure what coriander is. In our produce section it's pretty common, but maybe it isn't where you're from. I forget we are from different places sometimes.

I love seeing the pictures of the two friends you lost recently I felt like I kind of new knew them through your blog.

Brit

Thank you! I realized how important it was to make sure people knew the backstory to my first rabbbits! Their name has become a household name and is used only in joy.

Jj

Serenity73 wrote:
Cute bunny, I had an angora once with your buns coloring like 20 years ago. The dogs are gorgeous. Do they get along with your bunny?

Thank you! Again thank you! Yes they do but Pemmy is ever watchful. She really adores the gold one but seems to be very cautionary about the white one...

Jj

hi Jj, I've found your new blog, pretty cool, I've been reading it and the post I like most is the one dedicated to Aero and Thump, very touching and beautiful, I've even copied and saved your words on my computer so I can read at any time.

I also love the pics of Pembrooke, she's a sweetheart, very beautiful!!
I'd only give this advice, as I know you're a rabbit lover: when taking pics, you should turn off the flash... I know pics might look better with the flash on, but it is way too bright for rabbits (and other animals as well) it might affect their vision badly, maybe in the long term or so..
so I'd suggest turning it off and using just natural light. I didn't use flash to photograph MILU. As you said in one of your posts, rabbits are rabbits, they're always beautiful no matter what!! So no matter if the pics come out with red eyes or not, much light or not, they'll always be beautiful, because the subject is beautiful...! If you feel like you "really" need to use the flash, use it from very far (then use the zoom to help) and when your bunny/pet isn't looking at the camera, like if you take a pic of her back or so. It's not good to take pics from close with a flash, esp. if the pets are looking at it. I'd recommend at least 10 feet distance to use it, and when your pets aren't looking at the light.
I hope you don't mind the suggestion..

But anyway, back to your blog, I'm happy to know you got a new bunny, she's beautiful, congrats on your new friend!!

hotmaildeal wrote:
hi Jj, I've found your new blog, pretty cool, I've been reading it and the post I like most is the one dedicated to Aero and Thump, very touching and beautiful, I've even copied and saved your words on my computer so I can read at any time.
Aw! Thank you! That means so much!
I also love the pics of Pembrooke, she's a sweetheart, very beautiful!!
Again thank you very much!
I'd only give this advice, as I know you're a rabbit lover: when taking pics, you should turn off the flash... I know pics might look better with the flash on, but it is way too bright for rabbits (and other animals as well) it might affect their vision badly, maybe in the long term or so..
so I'd suggest turning it off and using just natural light. I didn't use flash to photograph MILU. As you said in one of your posts, rabbits are rabbits, they're always beautiful no matter what!! So no matter if the pics come out with red eyes or not, much light or not, they'll always be beautiful, because the subject is beautiful...! If you feel like you "really" need to use the flash, use it from very far (then use the zoom to help) and when your bunny/pet isn't looking at the camera, like if you take a pic of her back or so. It's not good to take pics from close with a flash, esp. if the pets are looking at it. I'd recommend at least 10 feet distance to use it, and when your pets aren't looking at the light.
I hope you don't mind the suggestion..
Oh no! I never take close photos with flash! My camera has very good zoom! Pembrooke would never let me get that close! Thank you for the helpful hints!
But anyway, back to your blog, I'm happy to know you got a new bunny, she's beautiful, congrats on your new friend!!
Thank you soooooo much! I bet as soon as your ready your next rabbit friend will be a shocker!

Jj

How can the sun shine when the clouds are blocking your way?

How can words express when I clearly can't speak?

How can I show you what I mean when I'm just blind?

The rain can fall I don't care

I can't feel it when you're there

You make the sun shine

Restore words to my mouth

Replace the glint in my eye

You are the one

I can just tell

You don't need to speak

Don't try

All is well

15899_302145_290000004.jpg

15899_302145_270000002.jpg

15899_302145_270000001.jpg

"Phew! I arrived here!"

Mommy I love you!

Hee hee hee!

I can't believe this! She's thumping me! I know it's not a "I hate you" thump, it's just a "Go away" thump. Grr. I feed her, clean her litterbox, clean her cage, let her play, don't keep her locked up in a cage. This is my reward!

:rollseyes:sofa:

Jj

Today seems to be an ever rejoicing day. I laugh at my calm yet wonderous bunny who seems totally unphased by the loud "Woofs" of my dog. Yes dog. Only one of my dogs bark and that is the gold one. I seem more scared of them then she is! Huh! The wonders of bunnies!

I haven't checked Aero and Thumper's grave site for a bit. They've got flowers planted ontop of them. I'm waiting for the flowers to bloom, I know it's going to be a sign that they are happy and approve of me getting Pembrooke. Tehy're always here you know? I almost feel that if a phyicic came into the room they would say that I have two ghost rabbits hoping around in the backyard. And I'd fully believe it!

[align=center]TIME FOR A RANT:rant::soapbox:tantrum:[/align]
Pembrooke to me today began to show me what happened in the 4 years I wasn't with her. Neglect, abuse, loud, scared, allthose things that you would never wish upon a bunny. Never. Yet someone did. How could they! What I would say to their face if ever I got the chance! I'd bring them home and show them that this is what a rabbit's life should be like! I'd make them join RO and make them read stories about people who actually care! I'd not be meanto them because violence is never the answer but I'd make them watch Pembrooke binky, her getting fed. But I'd never let them touch her! I'll show them what love is, what love can do. And how strong my bond with MY rabbit is. They'll want her back and I'll simply say why. Would you hurt your own child and send them off and expect them to WANT to come back?! NO! I'd tell them they should of thought before acting. They had 4 whole years to fix their mistake, but did they? NO! Now it's up to me to fix their mistakes and heck I'll do a better job in one week then they did in 4 years!

Grr.

Thank you for reading my blog! Have a nice day!

Jj

Pemby here! Iz time to tell a storie

Once very long ago, I fell into a deep sleep. In my dream I saw a very very strange world. This world was filled with giant robotic bunny feet (buildings) and no hills covered with grass and yummy things. Rabbits had evolved to walk on two feet and their ears had disapeared. They wore extra fur and talked a foreign language. But I smelled wonderous smells coming from a home so I went to investigate. I looked through a big glass square seeing ball and saw these new "rabbits" making their own food! It was very odd. A "rabbit" came and caught me and put me in moving land (car) and then placed me in a glass container. I was given odd food that looked like my poop and a weird river put into a bottle. I drank anyway and found it was just like a river! They gave me dried grass but it was good so I dealt with it. I was given rather rough wood to stand on and a little box. I slept in the box but they yelled at me and told me it was my bathroom. Hmm. This world isn't nice. But a big "rabbit" with two young kits came to pick me up. They "purchased" me and brought me home. The "kits" played with me but were very loud and kept holding me. It was cruel! They made me fall and then shut me in another container. I wanted to play! But they gave me more of my "poop" in a bowl and said "Eat" They want me to eat that stuff? Huh! Ya right! I stayed there for a LONG time until one day they took me to a green grassy hill (park)! Finally something I recognize! I can play! But then they ran away?! I tried to follow but decided to eat some grass on the way. Next thing I know POOF! They'd disapeared! I ran around the street trying to find them! I wanted to be warm! But then another moving land (car) came by and took me in. I was taken to my brethren. I was so much happier there! More big "rabbits" came by and one looked at me. I really liked that one, but she to left. But then she came back! And she took me! I was "adopted" by her! I was so much better loved and began to feel what love is. I was given better "poop" and grass and yummy things. I could drink ut of a contained river in a bowl and had room to play in my container! Also to play with my "rabbit" I had more room! I never want to wake up but sometime I will. Not today though, not today.

The moral of the story: How rabbits could percieve us and this world, also that when they "wake up" they've died and are back in "their first world" (Heaven)

Give your rabbits the best life in their eyes because you never know how they percieve us and how they will miss us when our bond is strongest.

Jj(ie)

Pemby

:( I hate it when you can *see* your pets' traumatic past in their behaviour. But, it is very rewarding when you start to see your input in their behaviour! Pemmy is so lucky someone found her and took her to the shelter! And then that you came in. :p

Thanks A! It means a lot to me! Today she was goood, she's definetly settling in more. Hmm almost a month of her with me...

Jj

Pembrooke's Log.

Time :4:23 PM,

Events: Being cuddled by slave, turned nose up at silly "Mint" but then decided I should please my slave, so I did. More adventurous today. Silly human tried to hold me. Hurumph!She should know better then that now! She said "Tomorrow I will be at school so I won't see you as much." Harumph! I will demand her to come back and she will! Life is good, it is better then being abused ( I can't talk about it) Or at the shelter. I rescued my bunny slave and made her life that much happier because she could attend to my every whim and fancy. She always says I'm beautiful, I really am!:biggrin2::biggrin:But how people say other rabbits are more beautiful then me is beyond my wide extension of my brain. Oh well, they've probably never seen my face. Here is an old picture to remind you of my endless beauty.

15899_302144_110000000.jpg

I'm standing in a shadow ok!

Pemby *sigh* and her *coughs* bunny slave. *finishes coughing*

Pemby would like to share hher song with you. It is what her day consists of.

Digdigdig scratchscratchscratch nibblenibblenibbble THUMP!

Digscratchnibblethump digsratchnibblethump nibblenibble THUMP THUMP THUMP!

Jj:p

Thank you so much! I tend to load a whole lot of photos all at one time then place them slowly through the posts!
Thanks!

Jj

OMG! I JUSt got the BEST picture of Pembrooke EVER! I love it! Oh she also says check I Heart Fraggles my christmas list for santa. Her name is on it so she wants veryone to know that she is worth bunnynapping!
I know sad right? No one :cries: wants to bunnynap her. Hee hee hee. They don't know how much cuter she is then in pictures!

Jj and Pemberton (Pemby or Pembrook)

This is the first time I have read your blog. So I must ask...... Are you really 12? Or are you a English professor who is very bored. If you are only 12 can I adopt you? Would your mother mind? My husband would have to change your name to "Moth monster man" cause that's what he has always wanted to name a child.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
This is the first time I have read your blog. So I must ask...... Are you really 12? Or are you a English professor who is very bored. If you are only 12 can I adopt you? Would your mother mind? My husband would have to change your name to "Moth monster man" cause that's what he has always wanted to name a child.

Well thank you! Yes. Yes I am. Maybe Santa will bring me and Pembrooke will be in your stocking this year:wink

How about Moth Monster Girl?

Deal I'll come but only if I get to play with Fraggles.:biggrin:

Jj

Duh
Jj

It's on my camera waiting to be uploaded...
Yay! One of best friends from school joined! Her name is 3567Queenx, she has a sable point netherland dwarf. (Ha! I laugh that I now know all the colouring or rabbits) (You should see me with dogs I'm just like "Oh that's a springer spaniel cross with a german sheperd")
Well Jj

Latest posts

Back