Princess Got Attacked

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bengal, I can see where you are coming from but I can totally understand Grace's fear of the wrath of the whole community if she called the police. Even if she was totally right to do so. Her family's life would probably be made hell. Maybe calmly presenting the bills for the damage may make them think.

Sabine wrote:
bengal, I can see where you are coming from but I can totally understand Grace's fear of the wrath of the whole community if she called the police. Even if she was totally right to do so. Her family's life would probably be made hell. Maybe calmly presenting the bills for the damage may make them think.

Yup, we live in a small community, so we would have to move out. Especially since they are pretty well respected in the community.

ETA: I'm hoping the dog won't show again, he shows up every few months. Since it doesn't occur very often it is hard to get them to do anything about it.

By the way the run she was attacked in was that the square one from zooplus? There may be a cheaper way of securing it (something I have yet to do) They sell small meshed wire sheets for about 7 euro in B&Q. You can cut them into smaller strips and fasten them around the run. 3-4 mesh sheets should really do. It also stops the rabbit from squeezing the head through the bars.

My neighbors dog used to get out of the yard all the time. I found him in my driveway one morning and decided to walk him back home (I was afraid he would get hit by a car) When I returned him to my neighbor I simply told her that the next time I found her dog in my yard I would be keeping him! She gave me a funny look and I'm not sure what she was thinking but I never saw her dog running the street again after that :p

I would neverhurt or killan animal on purpose even if it was a danger to one of my pets. The pet owner needs to take what ever precautions they need to be sure their pet is safe. That may mean moving cages indoors, building fences, etc. It really stinks that you have to worry about your pets safety on your own property :grumpy:

Yup that is the one!
I found some scrap chicken wire I'm going to put on it.

Oh and forgot to mention, my Mam was down there at the house a few hours ago talking to the owner and her husband went down to the garage to get coal for the fire and started roaring that she had 24 hours to get rid of that rabbit because it stinks, or else he was giving it to Rodger (dog that attacked Princess). She was begging my Mam to take it....Netherland dwarf buck.

irishbunny wrote:
Oh and forgot to mention, my Mam was down there at the house a few hours ago talking to the owner and her husband went down to the garage to get coal for the fire and started roaring that she had 24 hours to get rid of that rabbit because it stinks, or else he was giving it to Rodger (dog that attacked Princess). She was begging my Mam to take it....Netherland dwarf buck.

Aww, That poor bunny....Are you guys able to take him in?

Okay, I hate to be negative here but some people just shouldn't have pets. Your neighbor sounds like a real winner :X

I'm going to try, but I can't keep him. My Mam said I can but Dad says no. We have a ton of cages and he comes with two cages, she was that desperate for him to go

And ya they are farm people so they only have value in things that ''pay for their keep'' Grrrr....

You can always take him and then put him up for rehoming. Loads of people are looking for Netherland Dwarfs. Anything is better than living with that family. Consider him a foster.

Ya that is what I was going to do, we'll have to see what my Dad says, I'll pester him :p

My Mam said yes and that I should just sneak him in, he is the kind of guy who will grumble for a few minutes and then sit there snuggling the bunny.

It shall be changed, technically it will be my Mam taking this guy on if we do, since it was her that was asked and wants to take him, I know I'll end up looking after him though lol!

You'll better take some pictures then and introduce him properly tomorrow:)

Im glad that you are taking the rabbit in (well, might be).
I really hope you can.. even for a few days or something. Im sure somebody in the area or nearby would take him/her.

Hey all,
Sadly I didn't get to take him in. When I went to the house at 12pm, they had already brought him to a pet shop so he is gone. They don't have any rabbits any more (thank God) and gave me all their rabbit stuff (cages, food, hay).

That's a shame. A bit odd they took him to a pet shop though rather than giving him to you:(

Latest posts

Back