Prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephanie, so sorry you are going through this.as a teenager, i had my omi (grandma), and great grandmother passwithin a week of each other, and 3 weeks later my other greatgrandmother died. my prayers are with you and your family.

Jen, fingers crossed for you!

Nicole

i thought i'd just tack this story on:

last night while at work, (downtown), a small bird flew into the glassof my building, this happens and usually they just fly away. a fewhours later, i noticed the bird injured on the front steps. it wasreally scared and couldn't fly. so i called this organization calledFLAP, that advertised volunteers who patrol the downtown area to rescueinjured birds that have flown into buildings. i left a message at 4 am,and by 5, no one had called me back. so i called the humane society, (5tries got me a human to speak to), and they directed me to call animalservices.

while i was doing this, i saw a big fat cat walking across the street,and started to panic. the animal services told me to call back when ihad the bird in a box. and i'm thinking Whoa! isn't that a job for aprofessional? 5 minutes later a came up with a box, and a towel from mycar, and gently persuaded the bird into the box (phew).

i then brought the poor bird inside, and rang back animal control.someone was paged, and called me back 10 minutes later. the womanactually was on call, and had been woken up, and she sounded like i wasreally putting her out. What nerve! she did tell me she would be thereshortly.

1 hour later, she arrived, looking totally annoyed, took the box, andpretty much chucked it into the back of her van. i asked her what wouldhappen to the bird, she said that it would have a quiet place torecover. yeah right.

(one would assume that, working with animals, a person would love/bekind and gentle to them. unfortunately, that is not always the case.)

i feel really guilty for giving that poor bird to that lady, but ididn't know what else to do. i know nothing about birds, and i wasstuck at work.

So i'm asking for a little prayer. it was about 20 hours ago, so i'm not sure if it's still okay/alive. but every little helps.

a guy from FLAP called me after animal control picked up the bird. hewas surprised they even came for it. i told him i could be quitepersuasive. and he assured me that next time someone would be there forme to call. he also said that migration season was coming so many morebirds might be injured or killed.

what can anyone do to help prevent this?

if you work in an office building, please have the lights turned out at night.

Nicole

stanleysmommy wrote:
How is Cinderella now?
Thanks for asking stanleysmommy, and everyone else for their thoughts, prayers and kind words!

Cinderella seems to be better. I've been checking her more often thanusual. She's looking good and is active. I think she's starting to getannoyed because I keep waking her up to check on her, though.

Last night she was very busy rearranging her bedding. I think she'll be ok :)

~JimD

JimD wrote:
stanleysmommy wrote:
How is Cinderella now?
Thanks for asking stanleysmommy, and everyone else for their thoughts, prayers and kind words!

Cinderella seems to be better. I've been checking her more often thanusual. She's looking good and is active. I think she's starting to getannoyed because I keep waking her up to check on her, though.

Last night she was very busy rearranging her bedding. I think she'll be ok :)

~JimD

Thats because i changed her sleepie spot! I cleaned it and everything!her skin doesnt stick when I pull on it anymore, it "snaps" back! Whichis a good thing, i also changed her water and everything. YEY!!

-Danielle

:D Glad to hear she's feeling better!

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Hi everyone .. I am asking for prayers on thebehalf of my friend Rian.. she is in the Army and being deployed out toNew Orleans to help out the disaster victims. Its like something out ofLord of the Flies down there. The people are so desperate they areattacking our own troops sent to help them. So just please pray for hersafety. Thank you!

Lord have mercy, and keep her safe.

crosseo.gif

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

FreddysMom wrote:

"Its like something out of Lord of the Flies down there."

I just said the exact same thing to my coworkers yesterday.Most of them didn't get it.:? I will definately be prayingfor your friend and everyone else down there.

Hi, can everyone say a prayer for my Baby GirlJackie, she didn't eat this am, nor did she go poo poo. Hertummy had gurgling sounds. Of course our vet closed at1:00pm, thankfully she gave me the name of a Rabbit Savvy vet not 5minutes away from us.

I brought Jackie there, they took an xray, gave her some IV fluids andgave me an appetite stimulent. They also said to give her theCritical care 4 times a day.

They suggested we keep her there till Tuesday, but I asked if we couldmonitor her as the last time we split up her and Wilbur they ended upfighting. It took us about 3 months to get them to be friendsagain.

My husband & I will really monitor her to make sure she eats & does her poo poos.

Thanks

Soooska

I am praying for everyone who has posted, andwill post on this thread. May God grant comfort, healing, solace, andpeace of heart to every member of this forum.

Please pray for my cousin, Mark. I just got this email from my aunt today. :(

Hi Everybody,
Got some news that is not good. Mark had a fall and broke his
back. He had a seizure last Wednesday night, first in more than 8 years.
Thank God he was not driving. He was getting ready to go out and had gone to
his car. He forgot some thing and went back in to the his room at the
rectory when it happened. The other priest heard him fall and called 911. He
is in the hospital, St Edwards, in Naperville. He is not paralyzed but has a
severe star break in the eighth vertebrae. They have put what they call a
clam shell brace on him and that is better than what they first gave him.
Kathy was so disgusted with the first doctor she fired him. I did talk to
Mark last night and he was groggy from all the pain medication. Kathy says
he is in a lot of pain. Don't know yet when he will be able to leave the
hospital but when he does, he will be going to Kathy's so she can take care
of him. The priests at the parish were happy that Kathy was going to take
care of him. He loses his license over this, so his work will be hampered
when he can get back to the parish. Sounds like the whole church in Chicago
has been calling, visiting or sending cards and flowers. The Bishop was
there yesterday and a parishioner brought in some holy water from Lourdes to
bless him with. They all love him. But I know that he could use some of your
prayers, too.
Thanks, love you all.
Alice

I'd like to ask for prayers for my uncle, auntand cousins. My cousins sister passed away in her sleep yesterday andshe was only in her mid twenties.

We're not sure how it happened either, and it was a complete shock because nothing was wrong.

She also has a son who's about 3 and he's not going to understand this and will need plenty of prayers too.

Latest posts

Back