Possessive Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumibun

Reaction score
hi,
So I recently got Lumi the bun and was sold him at 5 weeks of age. So I’ve had him for about 3 weeks now.
So recently he’s been supper possessive. When I’m on my phone to long he’ll nudge it away, when drawing he’ll grab the pencil and throw it or bite the paper, or he’ll intentionally bite cords when trying to draw digitally.
Then when I go to pay him attention and give about one to two pets, he’ll hop away acting like he’s done with me.
Ive has many bunnies before but none like him.

He wants attention only when he wants it not when you decide you want to give him pets. When he nudges you or throws something that you have, he is saying, " I want attention and I want it now, not five minutes from now." Rabbits can be very picky like this and you just have to deal with it, its just how some are. And he may only want one or two pets and then he may not want anymore, that's just him

He wants attention only when he wants it not when you decide you want to give him pets. When he nudges you or throws something that you have, he is saying, " I want attention and I want it now, not five minutes from now." Rabbits can be very picky like this and you just have to deal with it, its just how some are. And he may only want one or two pets and then he may not want anymore, that's just him
Well that’s just it. I give him attention right away. And the moment I do that’s when he gets all like he doesn’t want it. Then the moment I go back, he starts up again. He’s also started thumping the moment I leave the room.

Are you petting just his forehead and cheeks or are you petting his back? Some rabbits don't like their backs petted.

I’ve tried both to the same reaction.
I’m just wondering if this is all normal behavior.

That’s normal behavior. I had bunnies closing my books when I study, sitting atop of the lap top when writing, thump the floor and grunting.

All these behaviors have been to get my attention for a short while. I often pet with one hand while focusing with my thing or fix something they can play with :3

It is just how they play with us. My two also enjoy taking my things or pushing it off my bed. When they nudge you, it's either their way of asking you to move or asking for attention.

You realize that allowing your rabbit to train you to pet and cater to him when ever he wants, you are in for a very spoiled rabbit that will grow up thinking he's the boss, which can sometimes lead to future behavioral problems. Remember, you are the one training your rabbit in what is acceptable behavior when interacting with people, not the other way around. Just because your rabbit wants you to do something, doesn't necessarily mean you should always be giving in or accommodating when they want it. When my rabbits want pets, I'll sometimes do it and sometimes won't. If they get bossy about it I gently but firmly move them out of my way so they realize that I'm still the 'big boss bunny' and not them. This is important as interactions with rabbits and their body language, is all about hierarchy and who's in charge. A rabbit that thinks they are in charge of you, can be a future problem in the making.
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/

I’ve tried both to the same reaction.
I’m just wondering if this is all normal behavior.
He looks like a lion head bunny. I have two lion heads . I have had mine three years now and they have an attitude. They seem to not get along with other rabbits also. But all rabbits are uniquely different.Beautfully breed

Back