Please advice!! Bunny limping after neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahid

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any advice you guys give.

I just got my younger bunny neutered today. I brought him home few hours back. He was hiding behind the curtain for a few hours. He is eating and pooping but his one hind leg seems swollen and not moving. He is not able to use it but it doesn't seem to be hurting because he is dragging it along and we tried to softly touch it and he didn't freak out. The Vet asked us to observe all night but we are getting worried that his leg must be paralysed.

please advice

I would take him to the vet ASAP. That should not happen after surgery. Maybe a person at the vet dropped him and didn't tell you.
I took him to the vet and he checked everything in his foot and said there doesn't seem to be a cramp, and it doesn't seem to paralyzed and nothing seems to be cracked inside. But gave me pain medication and asked me to feed him this once everyday and his leg will be fine in 3-4 days.
Does this make sense? I don't know why his leg would get okay with a pain medication?

if it's a swelling or haematoma or so that causes the limping and pain it would just take some time to heal up. Leaving a recovering rabbit in pain is not good, that can cause problems, the limping could put unusual strain on him, so, yes, it does make sense to me.

If it's something else that can't be found right now also time will tell.

if it's a swelling or haematoma or so that causes the limping and pain it would just take some time to heal up. Leaving a recovering rabbit in pain is not good, that can cause problems, the limping could put unusual strain on him, so, yes, it does make sense to me.

If it's something else that can't be found right now also time will tell.
Is there something I can do to help his leg heal? Breaking my heart to see him like this

Is there something I can do to help his leg heal? Breaking my heart to see him like this
The pain medicine is the best thing you can do right now. If he is in pain he won't eat and then he could get stasis. If you keep him eating, drinking, and pooping, he should slowly recover.

Back