Pipp's Warren pre-2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipp wrote:
But Dill looks like he's been rolling in dill, and the lop looks like a little dairy cow, so they fit!

:shock:

Now, don't go making fun of the bunnies. They are sweet little things that carry a big bite. :D

Really it is so nice of you to take in more bunnies, but you have to draw the line. Or Pipp will draw it for you. :tantrum:
You can't take everything that comes your way.
HasDill tried pumpkin? :eats:

Rainbows! :)

Hey Dawn, I posted a thank-you to youbefore, but it didn't seem to 'take'!

:imsorry:

These bunnies can never thank you enough for putting the rescue in motion!

:hug::thanks:

I've said it before, but these guys were the ultimate candidates, this truly was a 'rescue'.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11937&forum_id=7

For the people not following the saga, it was Dawn/Aurora who first brought them to the attention of the forum, and thus me. She dealt with their 'keeper' and even picked them up and delivered them here! The above link has pics of the conditions they were being kept in. :cry1:

Personally, I'm still not sure whether to kick you or kiss you, I hadn't really planned onfour rabbits, andPipp ate YET anothermouse this morning (she found the only 1/4 inch gap in the wire cover) soat that point I didn't want ANY rabbits! :tantrum:

But alas, I love them all! :sigh

Radar was supposed to be a foster bunny, and not even MY foster bunny, but the friend who was originally supposed to be fostering him lives in my basement, and he just sort of gravitated upstairs and now he's family.

Dill is living in my spare bathtub, ideally he can come and go as he pleases, but he hasn't got the 'come' part down yet. He just goes.I have to put him back in the tub and block it off.

I just got through a HORRIBLE molt with Pipp. It clogged up everything, including my computer.
(The repair guys have a picture of all the hair inside the case on their 'wall of shame'). :embarrassed:

Darry and Radar have my roommate's room (he's away) as well as the designated bunny room, sothe cubes haven't been used other than as blockers, but I'd love to have them in a cage in the bunny room, even if the door stays open. Yet another thing on the 'todo' list. (Making room in the bunny room is more of an issue than building the cage).

I did promise Lisa from SARSBC (Small Animal Rescue) that I'd foster a little dwarf, so that still may happen, although that means an NIC cage in the living room, and keeping everybody apart. But we'll see. I really seriously can only foster the dwarf, because I'm renting my place and at some point I will be moving, and five bunnies are a hard sell for landlords and strata councils.

I'm still hoping I'll be able to give up Dill, Lisa has the perfect family lined up for him, but I dunno about that. :cry2

And Jan, I had no intention of keeping Dill or Darry, butDill is such an awesome bunny, and now Darry has bonded with Radar, so.... Which actually makes me feel worse, because it would be so easy to find another home for Dill (as long as they're bunny-savvy and don't make him mad!) and probably Darry, too (she rather suddenly came out of her 'shell' and is outgoing, fearless, friendly, and has great litter habits). And then I could take in a bunny (or two) who wasn't as easy to rehome and I'd feel more like I was helping out.

So bottom line, I have failed miserably as a rescuer!! :banghead

And I'm totally insane. :craziness

Edit for PB: LOL! Dill is quite the biter, he'll latch on to the closest body part, he chomped on my thigh, luckily whileI was wearing jeans -- when I was trying to convince him to eat some pumpkin! --so I'm going to be very respectful! And yes, Pipp wants to be an ONLY bun. She drew the line a loooong time ago. But she's not too bad as long as the thinks that I'm HER only bun.;)

sas :lookaroundand pipp :bunnybutt:

PS: This is my 400th post, I'm allowed to ramble and rant!!

Please welcome the latest FOSTER BUN, Miss Sherry...

sherrycrop0310-6.jpg

Sherrylooks031006.jpg

Sherry likes looking in on Radar and Darry (who are now bonded, but no cuddle pics yet, sorry!)

darrycrop030706.jpg

But here's one of Darry...

Dill030706.jpg

And Dill... (he's a keeper!)

100_2029.jpg

And of course, Pipp (who's taking it all very well, as long as she doesn't have to acknowledge there are other bunnies in the world).

Goodness, look atall those cute rabbits! How do you get anything done? I'd be staring atbunnies all day :inlove:

They are all adorable! I think I'll snatch Dill and run for the hills!

That coat is amazing!

I love Darry's markings also.Kind of reminds me of Laura'sbun Snuggy. She's such a diva though...

That photo of Miss Sherry looks like anose that needs a kiss for sure!

On the occasion of my 500th post... andhopefully my temporary retirement from RO while I finish my book,here's the latest from the warren...

Note that it's a little longer and more involved than originallyplanned thanks to the forum biting the dust right after I posted allthis stuff!!! :growl: (I had the first part backed up, soI'll just repost it).

And then Pipp got very sick. :tears2:

Anyway, we'll cram it all in here.

276a8791.jpg

Here's Darry's lovely nest! I guess she had an'urge'. (If she has kits,it will be a miracle --literally -- although her digs certainly look like a manger...)

100_2060.jpg

This one or a similiar one is in the 'Messy Buns' thread (I wonderwhy), but we'll re-post them here for the record. This ispretty much what it looked like when they moved in...

100_2031.jpg

And this is the 'after'... 12 hours later.

100_20502.jpg

Here's a close up of the happy couple - Darry and Radar

100_2074.jpg

Here's Radar in 7th heaven after finding the hay bag

100_2012.jpg

Here's Dill... the new man in my life (but Pipp doesn't know)

100_2019.jpg

And here's little Sherry, the TEMPORARY foster bun. (She very sweet, she just wants somebody to pet her all the time).

PippVisitsMurray.jpg

Here's my Daddy :bunnyangel:with my heart bunny, the little Pippster. :inlove:

So.. on to Pipp's crisis...

I posted most of this stuff a week ago Sunday, but there was some sort of forum glitch and it all disappeared. :sigh

On Monday, there was a troll spamming the board, so between trying toreassembleall the info, anddealingwiththetroll,and then trying to get backon when the board went dead, the whole day flewby-- it was 6:30 PM, and I hadn't even said 'hi' tothe bunnies!Then I noticed that Pipp hadn't eaten athingobviously since the night before, and was in a lot ofpain. And Ihad missed thevet! Icouldn't get her in until late the next day, Tuesday, and they couldn'tbook her her for tests until Wednesday, by which point she was amess! Shewas fighting the syringe, wouldn't eat ordrink or even give me a bunny kiss (which for her means she's reallysick).

They put her under and found molar spurs, but she was in pretty badshape by then, so the rest of the week was spent in PippER.I dont' think she started eating andpooping again until Friday, and even then it was pretty pathetic.

But now she's on the road torecovery!
clap.gif
She's still telling me she's in pain, but if I ignore her instead oftempting her with sweets, oats and her fav grated veggies, , she givesup and eats her pellets and leafy greens.

She's definitely lost my sympathy vote. I hate to say it, butmy baby is awimp. The spurs hadn't even pierced hertongue or her cheek or anything, but she still justfolds. No way is she going to eat orpoop!:nopeShe just gives up.

At least now I'll be watching her like a hawk :nurse:for areoccurance -- which is expected in two to three months.

Anyway, off to work! Missed you guys!

sas :rollseyes:and pipp:bunnybutt:and the gang! :brownbunny:toastingbuns:bunny24

Aww, I'm so glad Pipp is feeling better. Poor little girl.

I love the picture of your dad and her. What a beautiful photo. :)

okay, I've been slack... well, I'vebeen on a major deadline (delayed considerably already thanks toRABBITS!)... but started fiddling (while waiting for news onJack's little Cala, who is now better) :)... so here's a few updates. . .

I posted a couple of these in Cages Only...

100_20981.jpg

This is Sherry, the FOSTERbun's home. She'salittle 'tub aggressive'.

100_2096.jpg

The view from above...

100_2102.jpg

Sherry making sure I didn't mess anything up.

100_2113.jpg

Her new boyfriend, Dill, making friends with the old roommate.

And here's the happy couple ... :bawl:(the little witch :witch:-- a sweet little witch, mind you -- stole mybaby Dill from me and I'm SO jealous!)

100_2123.jpg

He's finally paying attention to her. (It used to be all her wooinghim).

100_2126.jpg

Two seconds later, they switched.

Speaking of homewreckers ...I'm going to add thepic belowto the Messy Buns thread. I let Darry (whoI'm sure orchestrated it all) and Radar out of the back room and intothe spare bedroom, where a friend had JUST delivered aboxspring and mattress. I hadn't assembled it. It hadbeen up against the wall. I think the phone rang, Iforgot about the bunnies for maybe an hour... or two at themost. And this was the result.

:mad:

|
V

100_2115.jpg

It was partially cleaned up when I took the photo, so you're onlyseeing half the stuffing and hardly any of the poops. (Thehole in the wall is from an earlier outting, and there's also a about afour-inch-square chunk missing :shock:from the red rug.

pipplop1656x12422.jpg

And finally, I put this in the Lop thread... here's a newbreed of rabbit -- a Canadian Dwarf Lop, aka a Pipp Lop...

EDIT: a)didn't mean to say 'new' matress, I boughtit from a neighbour, and b) I wasn't pushing poor Pipp's head down,even though it looks that way, she was in her 'pleeze pet me!'position, chin flat, eyes begging. ;)

sas :disgust:, pipp :bunny19, dill :bunnyheart, radar and darry:bunny17:deviland sherry :brownbunnythe interloper

I'm so glad to see Dill getting along withSherry! He needs a bunny woman in his life to teach him howto be a good bunny boy.

That's really sad about your mattress... Bunnies just seem toknow how to do the most damage at the worst time. I hope itdoesn't affect the integrity of the mattress.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
I'm so glad to see Dill getting along with Sherry!He needs a bunny woman in his life to teach him how to be a good bunnyboy.
Yeah, tough to admit it, but he's an abusive boyfriend.:baghead I've been trying, but maybe it will take a bunny'stouch. He's way nicer to her, now, not too many chunks of furmissing (although she's molting, hard totell).:?I'm still black and blue, but Iknow they're love bites. ;) I'm still insanelyjealous, though. He used to devote every wakingminute to ME!!! :yuck I think maybe he found outabout Pipp, and that's why he ditched me. He really had nointerest in Sherry before.:cry3

:boohoo

aurora369 wrote:
That's really sad about your mattress... Bunnies justseem to know how to do the most damage at the worst time. Ihope it doesn't affect the integrity of the mattress.
Well, what's a saggingcorner (or two)if it makes mybunnies happy.:hearts I actually had agreat laugh when I saw it.:rollseyes: (At least itwas less work to clean up than the back room!)Darry is gradually calming down, she's far less destructive.I think she was just making up for all the time she had nothing tothrow around or chew on at all. :cry2 AndI used to have a cheap futon frame in there which was Radar's 'chewtoy' -- with permission. I just didn't get the chance toexplain to him that things had changed in there and there were newrules! :nono

The NIC panels make the perfect fence to put around it (I still haven'tgotten around to buidling anybunny a cage), shoulda bunny-proofed!

Nice storage space for the hay, huh! :) Sure wish they'd bothmove into her place. :sigh

sas :), pipp :bunny19, dill :bunnyheart, radar and darry :bunny17:deviland sherry :brownbunnythe interloper

So does Sherry have enough hay? That's a lot for a little bun! And I love seeing her with her new man!

I wonder if I should chuck Fey your way. She's been reallydestructive lately. I bet she and Darry would have a blast,and that way I'd still have a house left to sleep in!

:ponder:

"ate yet another mouse" ?? the computer mouse or real mouse??

im worried now cause one of my 3 weeks old baby rat gotten loose and i still haven't find her yet..

Evenstar

Edit:nevermind, i found the little sh...., she was hiding in my closet

morification is in now

HappyDill.jpg

He looks so happy here... :)

100_21401.jpg

Dill the floating head...

100_21421.jpg

Dill Simmons of the rock bund Kiss

100_21351.jpg

Dill and Sherry (who looks like a much older, overweight girlfriend who's very protective of her handsome young stud).

Sorry I haven't been responding much, on a baaad deadline.

Evenstar, sorry I missed your question, but it was a computermouse, about her fourth or fifth. :disgust I'vetotally lost count of the headsets she's chewed -- I put them up on anail on the wall, she STILL managed to get up there.

And LOL! Thanks Jan, I'm getting over it. ;) I stillhave Pipp to cuddle (who now nips my feet whenI go to leavethe room:biggrin). But Dill does only sees me asthe treat delivery blob, now. :cry2

sas :)and pipp:bunnydance:and the gang! :brownbunny:bunny24:toastingbuns

Oh my gawd, would you look at that face! *smooooch*

HappyDill.jpg

[align=left]
[/align]

[align=left][/align]
[align=left]:kiss:
[/align]
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Back